“very nice hotel”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location, very clean, pleasant staff. Pretty comfortable beds, nice puffy pillows. It's an older hotel so fairly noisy doors/hallways - nothing is sound proofed. But, the rooms are large and very nicely decorated. Great skywalk system and close to many great bars/restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,219)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Housekeeping needs improvement and room thermostat did not work We called down for housekeeping and the front desk said they were not finished with the rooms but they never came. No clean towels. The fix the heat in our room by opening a window. However the wedding was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Lucille B,

I am truly sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us here at the Hilton. We are always continually striving to provide excellent customer service, and this is an example of a time when we clearly missed the mark in more ways than one.

Rest assured that this has not gone unnoticed, and that we have taken appropriate action to ensure that we don't make the same mistakes again.

I'm glad to hear that the wedding you attended was without issue, however.

I'd encourage you to come back and visit us in the future, so we can really wow you.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

First of all, I arrived on a Wednesday night. Tired. I had worked 11 hours then drove 2 hours to get to this hotel for a conference. I was tired. When I arrived I simply asked if there was a possibility of getting an upgrade due to my Hilton status. I figured that after the day I had it wouldn't hurt to ask.

10 minutes later I am in a beautiful suite! I had to double check that this was all complimentary and I was assured that it was . Thank you everyone. This was a relaxing conference and I was able to enjoy myself as well.

Everyone was very friendly. This was probably one of the best places to see positive customer service in action from the housekeeping to the bartenders, to the staff membera who wished me a happy morning everyday. Nicely done, everyone. I left impressed.

Plus, I am very thankful for the suite. It was wonderful. I have been a status member for awhile, but I finally received that covetous suite room. I had a great conference, I was well relaxed, and I shared with everyone at work of the great experience that I received once again as a Hilton Honors Member!

Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed October 26, 2013

It is a large hotel, with antique smell but modern vibration. It's close to everywhere since Milwaukee itself is no a very big city. All I want is within walking distance. I like its decor especially. The room we stayed was first a shock to us because it was not tidy and prepared when we moved in. I called the front dest and soon in 5 minutes, the manager came and did the cleaning himself. I was impressed. All the staff are passionate about their jobs and Graig the bellman is especially great. I enjoyed the stay and I would definitely stay here next time I visit Milwaukee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

neverlandalice,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review here on TripAdvisor. You're right in that Milwaukee is one of the more easily traversable cities by foot, and we're lucky to be located in such a great location downtown.

We were sorry to hear about your experience when first walking into your room, but happy to see that one of our managers were able to take the time to make things right for you.

Thank you again for writing your review and choosing to stay with us - we look forward to having you again soon!

Best,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Excellent and convenient hotel to downtown Milwaukee. Close to many things to do and see. We attended a wedding reception. The accommodations were great, the food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. A little pricey but well worth a special event with family and friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Centrally located and lovely hotel. This is an historic building in downtown. Service is as expected by hilton. Nice rooms. Spacious and well maintained. Several food options. Millers pub is attached and has a good bar atmosphere. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Milwaukee has a lot of things to do and at reasonable prices. The sales and catering staff at the Hilton were excellent! They attended to our group's needs in a prompt and professional manner. I highly recommend to anyone considering having a conference in Milwaukee.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Sandra,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We pride ourselves on having a top notch sales and catering team along with the rest of our great associates, so it's always welcome to read responses from guests who've experienced their success.

Perhaps we can welcome you sometime in the future for a personal visit.

Thanks again for your kind words!

Best,