“Great conference home-base”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in Milwaukee for a conference, and the Hilton was a great place to be housed. Right across the street from the Wisconsin Center. Great pub in the hotel. Nice cafe for breakfast. There is a free internet option. Rooms in this older hotel are smaller than modern hotels, but it was a fun, cozy place to stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Hi LarkinPowell,

Thanks for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us during your conference. We're happy to see that you found your way to Miller Time Pub & Grill - it's a personal favorite, and a great place to grab a beer after a long day at work.

If you're ever back in Milwaukee via it for business or personal reasons - we hope you'll consider staying with us again!

Thanks!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very disappointed with our stay !!! For the amount paid and still charged for internet extra$ 9.95 and $ 25.00 for parking per day not worth it should be included with room rate . Too much noise in hallways during the night. Bar/ restaurant service very poor

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
David W, Director of Rooms at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I truly apologize that there were some additional parking and internet charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if the charges were not clear.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

David Woodward
Director of Rooms

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed for four nights in early Oct because of the convenient location to the conference center (there is a skywalk) and the good price. I got a king-bed room on the 19th floor, which looks great! On one night I was looking for a screwdriver to repair my laptop, and a man from the hotel dept. of engineering kindly gave his to me. I would definitely like to stay in this Hilton again in the future if I have the chance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and it is always wonderful. There is always a wedding or event at the hotel, but the staff always makes sure that you are taken care of quickly...even if it is busy. For example - even though it was crazy when we checked in, the host took the time to see if we wanted a room high up with a view, or preferred something different. We slept in one morning...housekeeping made sure to come back mid-afternoon, to ensure that we had what we needed/see if we wanted our room clean.

I always say that Milwaukee is always a wonderful hostess...it's hotels like the Hilton that make me say that.

The Miller Time Pub is good and convenient.

Room Tip: If you are close to the elevator, you may hear it running all night. I sleep through anything, so it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grateful01

Milwaukee's a great city with a great heart, and we're happy to an integral part in delivering that sentiment to you during your visits to Milwaukee. We take great care to treat all our guests equally, so I'm happy to see that we're following through on that promise in the care our associates have given you during your recent visit.

Thanks again for visiting our great city and staying with us in our hotel - we'll see you next time!

Best,

Dustin Zick

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Loved the Hilton! We had a terrific room, large bathroom, comfy bed. The hotel was quiet though sold out. The staff is extremely helpful and very friendly! We will definitely stay again. It is a classic, elegant hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I travel to the Milwaukee area for work frequently and always stay at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is wonderful. The restaurants in the hotel are outstanding and there is even a Starbucks on the lower level. The rooms are always very clean and you just can't beat the beds in this hotel... to die for!! Looking forward to my return in a couple of months!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have always had a great experience when staying at the Milwaukee Hilton in Downtown Milwaukee. I find all of the staff courteous and professional. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. I recommend the Milwaukee Hilton to Business as well as vacationing travelers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business