“Convention Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Convention Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I unfortunately stayed here during the Governor's convention. I sure wish Hilton had told me that. I certainly would have stayed at the Doubletree or any of their other properties because the convention consumed the hotel facilities. The bar was closed for private functions. Had a bomb scare which closed the streets around the hotel, parking was exciting, ....

The room was on the 6th floor, an "upgraded" room. Paid $300 for the view of a stone roof. The bathroom was 5 ft by 7 ft (tub included). It was clean but small, even by European standards.

This is a perfect hotel for a convention, not an individual stay.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 27Connie305

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Korean first
Marseilles, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The pool was closed. Fruit flies in the room. A hair was in my breakfast and did not find it until the last bite! Can hear the guests in the room next to ours. (shower, door closing etc.) Would not suggest staying in this hotel. Very old. For the price, it is not worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Deborah T
BrandonDrusch, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good Day Deborah T-

I want to apologize that you encountered a number of challenges throughout your visit. I have shared your concerns with our culinary team as a way of preventing this from taking place in the future. As stated in previous remarks our Waterpark was closed a number of months ago and at this time we are unable to offer a swimming facility. We are looking to repurpose this space and look forward to the much anticipated changes. We do allow our guests to utilize the swimming facilities at our sister property with complimentary shuttle service provided by the hotel. If given the opportunity to host you again at the property in the future I hope you will reach out to me so I can ensure your stay is perfect.

Kind Regards.
Brandon Drusch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

What a find! The Hilton Milwaukee Center is classy all the way, from the moment the doorman greeted us upon our arrival to the friendly and efficient person who checked us in, we felt like this was going to be a wonderful stay. We were not disappointed. Our room was comfortable and the quiet. The lobby bar is a wonderful place to unwind and people watch. If I were to return to Milwaukee again, I would stay at this hotel again, but stay in a larger room. The room we had for our 3 night stay was a bit cramped. It would pay to upgrade.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room, if you plan on staying more than 1 night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the only place I will stay when visiting Milwaukee. I love this hotel and its location right on Wisconsin Ave. Sporting venues, downtown and Marquette University all within walking distance. The rooms are great and the hotel has an historical ambiance to it (I remember when it was the Marc Plaza back in the day). The front desk staff very helpful and for a downtown hotel the rates are VERY reasonable. I give this hotel 5 stars out of 5.......highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Traditional and Elegant hotel in center of downtown. Convenient for City Center. Great views. The bathroom was tight quarters and smaller than most which was the only downside. Outstanding staff. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. The Miller Pub served excellent food at very reasonable prices and the bartenders and staff were very engaging. The business center computers need to be updated from the very slow speeds...overall a very nice stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early and room wasnt ready. it looked like a manager behind the desk who assisted us and he wasnt helpful. I got the usual, "we will call you when your room is ready" and we were told no upgrades were available. (I had booked the jr suite already). We ended up going to a game and returned 4 hours later. I had received no phone call but room was ready. I asked about an upgrade and was offered several options, the same options the guy early said werent available.
Except for the morning manager working behind the desk, I have always received great honest service and hope to stay there again. I usually encounter the 2nd shift staff and they are all great behind the counter. I cant remember the 2nd shift managers name but he's always friendly amd helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love this hotel. I've stayed here many times for work and it never disappoints. It has so much old time charm, it reminds me of a hotel that you would have found in the 1920's with lots of opulence and elegance in the lobby. Except in the rooms, it's all modern and comfortable. The beds are nice and comfortable, and while some rooms are spacious, there are other rooms that are not quite as roomy but still very nice. The bathrooms can be a bit cramped, maybe an issue for parties of two or more in a room but for the business traveller it's not an issue. The hotel is located downtown with a lot of stuff to see and do within walking distance of the hotel. If you don't want to venture out, there is a good pub restaurant and an upscale steak house on the lower level, as well as a Starbucks. There is a very reliable airport van service and there are also taxi's lined up outside. The staff has always been very friendly and attentive to travelers needs. This hotel does attract a lot of convention business so there are times when it's very busy with people coming and going. All in all, a great hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business