Stayed here one night with a large group. The catered dinner was fabulous and our server was great.
The hotel is old, lots of Art Deco stuff, but the layout is confusing. The walls were very thin-I could hear my colleagues in the room next door crumple some paper as well as every conversation.
Room did have a fridge and coffee maker. Good location for an event at the theater. Neighborhood seemed sketchy and had a heavy police presence-since this was my 1st visit, I don't know if that is unusual or not.
Employees were scarce-the gift shop worker seemed annoyed at the line of customers wanting to buy souvenirs, although the concierge desk was helpful in pointing me to the Public Market.
Room was cleans enough for one night-although there were GIANT spiders outside my window (really scary big spiders...if I thought they were coming inside I could not have stayed on the room).
Wifi access from the room did not require a login, but it was slow access.
I probably wouldn't stay again, but it was a fine stay, just not worth the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton