“Excellent service”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was put up here by my building when we had a wall collapse. I have two dogs and this hotel was very accommodating and kind. The doorman even helped carry dog crates across the parking lot. There is even a courtyard the dogs can run around in.

I highly recommend this hotel for pet lovers.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the old building. Rooms have more character.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hilton Milwaukee City Center

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

These rooms are very very small. We felt it wasn't worth what we paid to stay at the hotel. We also had to pay $24 parking on top of our room. Also they wouldn't give us any Hilton points because we booked through Hotels.com which I didn't know ahead of time. And I talked to three people about putting our Hilton rewards number on our reservation and it wasn't until the forth person who told us we wouldn't be getting any points anyways. I think we might be switching to Marriott in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hi Mary,

On behalf of the management and staff I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We traveled to Milwaukee April 2-4 and stayed 2 nights at the Hilton City Center. We took Amtrak for the first time from St. Paul, MN into Milwaukee. The hotel is only 3 blocks from the train station and an easy/safe walk to get there. The hotel building is a historic building with tons of charachter. Although an old building everything was well maintained. We were greeted by friendly and knowledgeable staff and check in was easy. The room, as expected because of it's age, was on the smaller side but very managable. The rooms were exceptionally clean and bright. The beds were comfoirtable, TV, lights and such were in fine working order. While in Milwaukee we found all the local folks to be friendly and helpful if we had a question. The only problem we ran into in the hotel was on our last day about an hour before checkout they shut off our water for routine maintenance and I still needed a shower. They thought they had informed everyone of this but we had no clue. I called the front desk to ask why we had no water and they explained their issue and appologized and said the manager would be calling us. We recieved an immediate call back from the manager. He was very courteous and concerned about our situation. He explained the water would be back on within about an hour and a half. He agreed to allow us to check out late which help us considerably because the Amtrak left Milwaukee at 4pm and we could keep the room until 3:30. This allowed for a more relaxing day and a shower before the train trip which I am sure my wife appreciated since I had to sit next to her. This property is top notch from begining to end and we are looking forward to a return trip to Milwaukee and the Hilton CIty Center

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Jailere,

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great trip both to Milwaukee and with our hotel in particular. Again, we're terribly sorry for the inconvenience regarding the water situation - but we're happy we were able to work out and make your trip a little more convenient regarding your check-out time.

Happy to hear you plan on returning and staying with us again - we're looking forward to it!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I were married at this hotel two years ago, and have made a new tradition to come back and celebrate every anniversary here! The gorgeous and elegant ballrooms were what initially attracted us to the hotel; the staff is what keeps us coming back. On our first anniversary, we had the most wonderful bartender, Virgie, who helped us have such special, fun evening. Because of her, we will keep coming back to the Hilton every year, as I can't think of a better place to celebrate! As soon as we walked in, she remembered us from last year and even knew what we'd have to drink! This anniversary was just as memorable as the first! The rooms are very comfortable, the views of the city amazing, restaurants superb, and staff are top-notch! Thank you Hilton...we'll be celebrating here every year!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had a great experience at this hotel. I arrived before actual check-in time and was allowed to check in a little early. The staff was helpful with questions and directions to area sites. I loved the location of the hotel which is in walking distance to area shopping and restaurants. The Cafe has a wonderful breakfast and at a reasonable price and I really enjoyed having a Starbucks in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had a King Junior Suite (1-bedroom) and was a strange layout, the bathroom was in the entryway as well as the closet, while the bedroom was very large and had no closet or direct access to the bathroom. So to access your close and bathroom a short walk through the living area was necessary. The AC was not good and my room was always over 73 degrees (it was 30 degrees outside) and an open window was helpful except for the constant smell of charred beef from the Chophouse below.

Beware of low water pressure during convention times and slow elevator access - but it is to be expected with the location.

Besides that I must say the Hilton Honors breakfast was good and the room service was excellent, tasty and very cheap compared to other cities - a great value.

Location is good and adjacent to the mall with other dining options and next door to the convention center.

I would stay here again if I was comong back to Milwaukee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregg N
Reviewed March 20, 2013

stay at the hilton everytime we go to millerpark,casino,or night out on the town. has a great millerpub in it also features milwaukee chophouse is one ofthe best restaurants in milwaukee! 5 dollar cabride to almost anywhere you want to go.DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends