We stayed at this hotel for a conference this weekend, and I don't know if I have ever encountered as outstanding a staff as we met at the Hilton City Center:
* the bellhop who unloaded our car stayed outside with our car in bitter cold weather while we checked in;
* a second bellhop who carried our luggage to the room gave me excellent advice about what to do in Milwaukee (what bellhop visits the Art Museum every week!) and, when he saw me later in the lobby, he called me over to give me half-price admission tickets to the museum;
* during the first night in our large, lovely king superior room, we woke up at 3 a.m. to find the room temperature had risen to 82 degrees, even though we had set it at 60. Called the front desk at 6:30 and, within just a few minutes, a very friendly engineer arrived. After checking out the unit he, he regretfully informed me that it couldn't be fixed quickly and we would need to change rooms. He called the front desk, asked that they be sure to give us a comparable room, and then escorted me downstairs to exchange keys. He suggested to the front desk staff that they might consider giving me something in exchange for the hassle and they immediately comped our $24 a day parking fee.
* When I called for a bellhop to help move our luggage, the Art Museum guy arrived in minutes. He asked about the situation and then asked if the hotel was making it up to us. I responded that they had given us the parking credit which was going to be a break for my spouse's employer, and the bellhop responded that he was going to see if something could be added that would give my spouse and me more direct benefit. Within a half hour he called me and said his manager had also approved a Food and Beverage credit to offset the cost of some of my meals during the stay.
* Throughout our 4 day stay, almost every single encounter with staff was enjoyable. One bellhop, who never moved luggage for us, still stopped us and asked each evening about where we had dinner and whether we enjoyed it.
* The only exception was the concierge who was a little disappointing when we were looking for dinner ideas.
* Upon checking out this morning, another bellhop said he would be leaving our luggage at the front door and someone there would help load the car when we brought it around. We asked him if he could possibly take the cart to the garage instead, a considerable additional distance, and he immediately agreed. Because of the additional time and distance, we gave him an additional tip and his response to my spouse was "Sir, are you sure?" when he looked at the amount.
Both rooms were large and very comfortable, although we do have to agree with comments about the lack of counterspace in the bathroom. The wi-fi connection was also somewhat slow and/or intermittant. We also appreciated the availability of the Honors Lounge for breakfast, the happy hour in the Monarch Lounge, and the Miller Time Pub and Milwaukee Chop House restaurants.
Normally the problem with the room temperature and having to change rooms would have really clouded our stay, but the bellhops, front desk staff, housekeeper, engineer and almost everyone else with whom we had contact more than overcame the problem.
A big thanks to the staff of the Milwaukee Hilton City Center!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton