I traveling on business was booked at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. Upon my arrival I was greeted with the Doorman whom seem to be outside more than he was ever inside all three days. Happy and joyful to greet each limo sedan and van who dropped and picked up people. He made my day! Always smiling, eager to approach and ask you how your day was. And Impression for those entering the hotel!
I only stayed two nights, 3 days and upon arriving I found that the hotel was clean, accommodating to my needs and very helpful. I would say unless one is on business, I would not bring my family to stay here if I had small children, however, I didn't see many children even though they offered a water park, which was not open until Friday,Saturday and Sunday. The building itself was older and the upkeep was maintained! I would stay again on business. They have a Starbucks coffee shop and a Restaurant called the Chop House, I would price the menu at $$. There was another restaurant that served breakfast etc, However I didn't dine there. The bar was much more reasonable to me in price for a single woman traveling. Drinks average 7 dollars and Burgers etc roughly 10 dollar and up. Plus it stayed open late for those of us who have longer day schedules. Staff very good. I felt that the young girl whom waiting on me when I first checked in was a tad bit stressed, however I am sure that everyday demands of travelers can make one feel that way. She could of smiled more. As she at first made my first impression of the hotel a not so good one, after I thought the Doorman was awesome. Until I met most of the other staff then I knew she was having one of those so called bad days. First impressions often make a difference though! Every morning a USA today paper sat out side waiting my review and the view outside was the Milwaukee City. For those who travel on business and want to have that executive experience this is the hotel!!! There is a Shopping mall across the road in which I toured and found to be a dying mall with average stores. Not many other places to visit as most are offices etc. I did find an Applebee restaurant further down the road for those who do not want to pay a 50 dollar or higher food bill. Overall I give this hotel a 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton