“Beautiful Hotel, Comfortable Rooms”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton City Center a few times and will definitely continue coming back. The rooms are very clean and upscale. I love the beds at this Hilton...extremely comfortable. They do charge $24.00 a night for parking. There is a parking garage across the street that is half the price and a free parking lot a few blocks from the Hilton. This hotel is in a great location, right downtown, close to great restaurants, bars, and shopping. Also connected to convention center via skywalk.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cubsfan17
There are newer reviews for Hilton Milwaukee City Center

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Me and my husband went to Milwaukee to see the HD Museum and we stayed at the Hilton. The hotel is pretty old. The room was not very clean and the bed uncomfortable. The service and the location were satisfying. I was glad to only send one night there but overall it served it's purpose.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonMilwaukee, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear cherry079,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Milwaukee on your recent visit to Milwaukee to enjoy the Harley Davidson Museum! Our 1928 hotel is a member of Historic Hotels of America and was recently awarded the AAA Four Diamond award for the second year in a row! We are continually striving to ensure that our guests have a perfect stay; please accept my apologies for the perception of our hotel as being old and that your bed was uncomfortable. Our Hilton beds are very plush and soft and for some guests a firmer bed is required; if this is the case simply alert our Guest Services Team and will ensure a firm mattress!

I am deeply sorry to hear that your accommodations at the hotel did need exceed your expectations and look forward to having the chance to welcome you back to ensure your needs are meet and you feel at home at the Hilton Milwaukee!

Jacob Ruck
Manager at the Hilton Milwaukee
jacobruck@hiltonmilwaukee.com
414.390.8390

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended a wedding in Downtown Milwaukee, and I used Priceline to find a hotel. I ended up at the Hilton City Center, that is connected to the Frontier Airlines Convention Center. I did get a great price on Priceline, but parking was $24.00 a night, and they charge for WiFi. I didn't think anyone did that anymore. But, our room was nice, and we toured the hotel, checked out the ballrooms, and it's just beautiful. Old, but not rundown. We ate dinner one night at the Miller Pub that is in the hotel, and it was very reasonably priced, especially for a hotel, and the food was really good. I've decided I just love Milwaukee, great beer and great cheese! It just so happened, that Obama flew in, when we were going to leave for the wedding. The doormen (?) were great, and even the taxi driver's were very nice. We ate breakfast at the Cafe that is on the very lower level, and it was fantastic. You can choose a buffet, but we had fresh made omelets from the menu, fresh squeezed orange juice, and again, the price was reasonable. It is a 3 and one half star hotel on Priceline, and I got the rate of $59.00, for the first weekend in Nov. It's a huge hotel, and I would imagine that they often have empty rooms that you can get a good deal on....I would return.

Room Tip: There is also an indoor water park for families!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an excellent Hotel very near all the hotspots and few minutes from the lake. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Only one issue - given the economy, town has a homeless problem. Have stayed at this hotel several times and they have always been great !

Room Tip: High Floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great hotel, especially for the money. We booked the hotel through Priceline & were not disappointed. The service was excellent & the rooms were exactly what I would expect. The halls look a little rundown but other than that, everything was great. We didn’t do too much walking around but were able to walk to/from the Mason Street Grill where we had dinner. I’m not familiar with the area but there seemed to be several bars/restaurants in that area – so the hotel was in a great location if you don’t want to drive back after dinner. If you don’t feel like walking there were several taxis lined up in front of the hotel.

There’s a pool (and apparently an indoor water park?) in the hotel. We did not make it pool/park but did see crowds of kids heading that way (whether this is a good or bad thing is completely dependent on the individual). Parking at the hotel was NOT free but was convenient.

Also worth noting for anyone that needs a caffeine fix in the morning, there’s a Starbucks on the ground floor of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had the recent wonderful experience of hosting our daughter's wedding reception at the Hilton City Center, so I'll be able to review the rooms, the food and the overall experience.

Our friends and family also enjoyed the Miller Time Pub after the rehearsal. I heard a few of them closed the place down. I was asleep well before that. Having the Starbucks right there was also a big plus.

Planning a wedding is a daunting task. But from our first contact with the catering sales manager for Marcus, Kim; to the exemplary help from Maggie, my guardian angel, the event planner; to our check-in; to the reception with Ryan's assistance to our departure, it was top drawer. Other venues were considered but I'm so glad we chose the Hilton. Everything was handled so professionally yet in a warm, caring manner. They worked well with our florist, baker and DJ to deal with anything that came up. Every wedding has glitches and tensions and the last thing you need is problems with your reception site. We often said we were so glad we were working with the Hilton and Maggie. We knew there was nothing to worry about in anything regarding their end.

Several months before the wedding, we were invited to a group tasting to sample the foods. Well, it's a dirty job but SOMEBODY has to try all the appetizers, main dishes, salads etc. It was hard to choose as they were so good. (Well, we weren't so fond of the mini-Wellingtons). The final choices were the filet with mashed potatoes, wild mushroom carnoroli stuffed chicken with risotto and vegetarian ravioli. We also had salad, brandied Vidalia broth and asparagus with carrots.

We got raves from everyone, the beef was exceptionally tender and the portions were generous. I ate only half of my chicken. The service flowed wwell with no lags in timing of the food. Unfortunately, I was too busy to enjoy either the appetizers at the cocktail hour or the late night snacks, but I heard they were good.

The reception was held in the beautiful Crystal Ballroom on the 9th floor. One nice thing is that you're separate from other guests of the hotel. Also, the cocktail hour area with the bar (ballroom foyer) is outside the dining room, so it deterred heavy drinking. There are also beautiful staircases that made for striking photo opportunities. The room was beautiful. When the air-walls opened, it was everything we had hoped for. We had numerous comments from our guests about what a wonderful time they had, obviously part of that was the experience they had from the Hilton itself.

As far as our accommodations, we decided to splurge and get the Executive Suite. I highly recommend that if you're the parents of the bride or groom. It's essentially a four room suite they created by knocking out walls. There are bedrooms at either end, then the middle area has a large wet bar, another bathroom, table, TV, chairs and a Murphy bed. It gave us space for presents, paraphernalia from the wedding party and a common gathering area.

This also allows for one room for the parents, the other for the bride or groom for Friday night. We had another guest use it the second night. You could also opt to close off the extra rooms for the night of the wedding if they weren't needed. It is a bit pricey, but when you consider that you're basically getting four rooms, the cost isn't unreasonable. And it made things so much easier. You'd be surprised how much you accumulate from a wedding!

One room had two beds (can't remember if they were doubles or queens), ours had a king. The sleeping areas were large, attractive and the beds were very comfortable. The first night we were aware of some noise, it IS an older hotel so you'll hear water running from other rooms. This wasn't a major concern. I did read comments about the bathrooms being small. We didn't have that problem. Ours was handicap accessible. Usually I dislike those because the floor gets so wet when you take a shower. This one was built properly, so the water drained into the shower with only a small amount of dampness on the main floor. Both other bathrooms were the usual size.

I did, briefly, see the honeymoon suite (we brought a few muffins and juice over per the newly weds request). It was a nice size room with a sitting area, with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries supplied by the Hilton.

I have to be honest, we've stayed at the Pfister several times and I was expecting the Hilton to compare unfavorably. That was NOT the case! The service was tops, the building beautiful (but not as showy as the Pfister. Everyone was so friendly and they appeared to really enjoy their jobs and helping the guests.

We did have one glitch with an event the next day, but the Hilton solved the problem to our satisfaction with an apology and made adjustments. Also, the room keys kept demagnetizing, so we had to get re-keyed several times, which was a bit frustrating. But that was minor compared to the service and a real caring attitude we found. This is becoming rare, but you'll find it at the Hilton. Thanks to everyone for making this such a wonderful three days.

Room Tip: Parents of the wedding couple?? Get the executive suite, you'll be glad you have the space.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frozen_Tundra_Gal
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I recently attended a conference for the Midwest Association of Financial Aid Administrators at the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. The meeting rooms were exquisite, clean and comfortable. The food was prepared and presented perfectly. But more importantly, from the parking garage, to the conscierge, to the wait staff, to the engineers, to the cleaning staff, I did not meet one without a smile and a kind word and a very helpful nature. They handled this large conference as if it were a Sunday gathering of family. The hotel is to be commended for their hiring practices and training. Bravo!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business