“Great Location”

Hilton Milwaukee City Center
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel was in a great location! We were able to walk almost everywhere we wanted to go and felt very safe doing so. I bought the room on Priceline and got a great deal. When we arrived, the front desk even upgraded us to a deluxe king room because they had extras open. The room was spacious, clean, and had a great view of downtown. The concierge was helpful, but told us we definitely did not need reservations for dinner at a certain restaurant and when we showed up, we found out they were all booked up. We went to both the Miller Pub and the Cafe that were in the lobby and each was good, not great, but good. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Milwaukee City Center

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've stayed here often and continue to give it high marks. We were in Milwaukee on a Saturday for a family reunion. The hotel was full, and I was worried that all the baseball fans and Irish Festers would wake us up in the wee hours. But they must have worn themselves out early. We got a great night's sleep in a clean, updated room. Friendly, efficient service at a decent price in a beautifully maintained old hotel. Lively atmosphere, in a good way. Good bars and restaurants, including a new (for us) lounge on a balcony overlooking the lobby. $24 to park, which seems reasonable after getting ripped off in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I decided to take a last minute road trip to Milwaukee and booked a hotel through priceline. I got a great price and the hotel was wonderful. The lobby is breathtaking and it has such elagance and charm. Check in was quick as well as check out. I only stayed one night but I enjoyed the spacious room with two double beds on the 14th floor. The bathroom was kind of tight but not a major issue. Parking for $24 per night was to be expected (even though I am not the biggest fan of it). Lastly staff was extremely pleasant and greeted as I came and also upon departure. Sometimes it's the little things that makes the difference. If parking was less this stay would be 5 stars.

Room Tip: "From parking garage you can enter teh hotel from the 2nd floor instead of walking outside"...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall, this is a good choice for a hotel close to Marquette. It is located just a few blocks East of campus on Wisconsin Avenue. The rooms are well appointed, and clean. The service was above average, although the wait on checkout was too long, with only one person behind the desk at a busy time of day.

Housekeeping does a nice job with the rooms, although they knock loudly all the way down the hall, and chat at an equal volume which may not be appreciated by those hoping to sleep in.

Plent of parking in the adjacent parking gargage, at $24/day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Dustin Z, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

widad11-

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave us a review. I can only assume that you're a proud parent of a Marquette student, which is awesome! We're happy that you decided to stay with us and hope that you will do so in the future.

We do our best to maintain a staff appropriate for our needs at the front desk and throughout the hotel and are constantly working to improve our scheduling process.

Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again soon,

Dustin Zick

Reviewed August 23, 2012

. The lower entrance is a work of Art Deco as are the upper levels and ballrooms. The completely renovated and just opened Monarch Bar is a beautiful site. One night while we were there, a jazz piano player was taking requests and another night a jazz trio entertained.
And whether or not you enjoy a drink at the bar, make sure that you look at the stone bar counter top which is illuminated from underneath. There are also scores of coffee-table sized books for reading. We had a pleasant room and the room safe was large enough for our full-sized laptop. Housekeeping was good. The front desk staff were informative.
As Hilton Honors, we enjoyed a morning breakfast. And the Milwaukee Art Museum is just about a mile walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great location downtown. Elegant lobby. Large bedrooms. Stayed 11th floor facing front of hotel first stay. Small bathroom. Door was against you while you are standing at the mirror. The huge bedroom made up for this. Furnishings are true to the online photos. Very nice comfortable beds. Large desk and big screen t.v.. Quiet room facing front. Second stay on the 16th floor corner room. Bathroom seemed older than on the 11th floor. Bathroom larger. Large bedroom. Thermostate not working. Had temp on 90 and it still had cold air coming from vents. Could not shut off vents. Was told by front desk some rooms in the tower are older and they have problems with that. It was cold. Verry noisy as the maids closet was next door. I am assuming as the door kept getting slammed hard. Maids cart outside. Unmarked door. Woke me up really early on my only day to sleep. Maids in hallway made sure to smile and say hello. Every time I was in the hallways. Front desk helpful and pleasant. Gave information about our company discounts and amenities without being asked. That was efficient as I always end up calling with questions. Didn't have to do that this time. Our group ate at the Miller Time Pub. Had dinner and lunch there both days. Hotel offered company discount. So we all decided we didn't need to go anywhere else. The burgers were the best I've ever tasted. So good I had them twice. Steak salad also good for lunch. Fish and potatoe pancakes good. The side items with fish were coleslaw and applesauce. Container for these two items extremely small. The sauce came in a larger container. Basically you got two bites. But fish was large pieces. Chili was very good. Frank the bartender I got my takeout lunch from was very quick and offered a beverage while I waited. First evening at the pub around 10 p.m. Group of 3. Nice waitress, Kim. Left her a large tip. Very attentive. Great service! This was on Aug 13th. Back at hotel on August 16th. Back at the pub around 11p.m.. Andrea E was our server, horrible. She threw my utensils in my direction so hard the rest of my party said Wow she doesn't like you I guess. Ordered a cheddar burger from the late night menu. Four people in our party this time. One lady in our party asked if she could get some lettuce and tomatoe after we received our food. Andrea turned to all of us in what could only be called an aggressive manner and said "Does anyone want anything else before I walk away. We had not asked for anything additional other than that. So her I'm not happy attitude was uncalled for. Acted like we were bothering her to be there. She still received a tip since I myself have been in the service industry and know how little the pay is. But she received three times less than Kim had. I would definitely still return to the pub. But I wouldn't sit in her section again. Hotel attached to a water park. Was closed. Not open all the time. Shopping nearby. Great hotel for downtown. Will return in the future.

Room Tip: Make sure your not next to a maids closet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am writing this as a Hilton Diamond level traveler. This place is beautiful, the rooms are updated, the club is great, but the place is NOISY. Yes, I know about the corner rooms and the high floors. I had both, but it was even noisier than my other stays. Conversations in the hallways are not the only culprit. I could hear televisions, 2 dogs barking ceaselessly and the conversation in the other room in my little 2-room alcove. Noise is just a big issue at this property and it's just too bad. Everything about the hotel has the potential to be marvelous, but if you can't sleep (or even read), the basic reasons for a stay are not satisfied. MKE has a tough hotel scene in general, but I wish this was a more reliable choice. Better off at the Hampton Inn or the Double Tree if you want quiet and you want to stay in the Hilton family. That will be my choice in the future.

Room Tip: Try the corner rooms on high floors, but keep a low expectation for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMilwaukee, Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear marqule -

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest at the Hilton Milwaukee. I appreciate that you choose to stay with us as opposed to the other Hilton Family Hotel's in the city. I am sorry to hear of the noise you faced during your most recent visit and look forward to speaking directly with you to ensure I have the chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Milwaukee.

Best,