Booked a $169 rate at the downtown Hilton for Sat June 16. Considering that the hotel was completely booked with a Racing event and at least three weddings, we were very happy with all the great service and attention to detail by the Hilton Staff.
I am a former Gold HHonors Member but was flying basic HHonors for this trip. We were given our Legofest tickets at 9am and were later given an somewhat early 2pm check in. I was asked if we'd be OK with a "slightly larger" accessible room. I said yes, but when I got into the pretty small room, with an accessible shower and no tub, I decided to go back and get a room change. The staff were cool and placed us in a similar sized room, with a tub.
The package include slightly reduced parking. That was a nice benefit - cheaper parking is in the area but its nice to be able to wheel right from the 2nd floor lobby, down the hall and into the parking garage.
This is a nice Hilton, reminscent in style and size to the Hilton on S. Michigan in Chicago.
The room and really nice linens with a decent view of the city.
No refrigerators in the room, but each floor did have an ice machine. THe machines were in little rooms, so their noise didn't invade the hallway/rooms too much.
We did stop by the waterpark twice. The fee for this was included in the package. It was very packed, and it seemed pretty rowdy. No real pool, but lots of water slides and area for kids to ramble in. Two zero depth areas for toddlers to try out. The morning crowd, 9am, was much nicer. There is a bar upstairs that overlooks the waterpark. I'd say this attraction is probably best for elementary and middle school kids. The tables around the pool fill up fast, but overall about what you'd expect for a waterpark.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but for a brief family trip, it was an overall great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant, historic hotel is a landmark in downtown Milwaukee. Recently renovated guest rooms and suites provide modern comforts. The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Wisconsin Center and is in the middle of thriving downtown shopping, eating and theater areas. All of Milwaukee's great attractions are minutes away including Miller Park, BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee Art Museum, Harley Davidson Museum and Discovery World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Milwaukee City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee City Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee City Center
- Milwaukee Hilton