“Service is the key”

Ranked #12 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Tacoma, Washington
“Service is the key”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is an older building but they have done a really good job at the updating of this older building but still kept alot of the charm. Of course it was very clean. Loved the location for walking around to see the downtown sites. I thought the cost to park was a bit over the top but because we were there for only a few days and had set what we wanted to see, it was easy to cab it. Everything we wanted to see was within 15 miles at the max and some were within walking distance. The cafe and bar&grill in the hotel were really good and reasonably priced. The Chop House was excellent but a bit expensive (to me). This was a great way to spend my Birthday and our anniversary. All of the staff there were excellent and made us feel like VIPs. We will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Betty8505 -

Thank you very much for highlighting the service provided to you at the Hilton Milwaukee! I am very glad you felt treated as a VIP for your Anniversary & Birthday, as we were thrilled to host you for these special occasions!

I look forward to you return perhaps for New Year's Eve to create more memories at the Hilton Milwaukee.

jacobruck@hiltonmilwaukee.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

My family & I had made our reservations for over a month and as the date of our stayed neared, we phoned the hotel to request adjoining rooms & also that we had 3 children (all under the age of 3) with us & that perhaps a room further down the hall would be more appropriate. I travel for business over 100 days a year & I know nothing can be more annoying than a noisy floor. We were assured that we had adjoining rooms and in fact I was given the room # after my brother and his wife had checked in. When I arrived at the hotel, not only was I given a different room than what I was told, but my request for a king bed vs 2 dbl beds wasn't even acknowledged by the front desk. I understand that requests cannot always be accommodated (especially on a w/e). However, to not even address it, is just rude and ignorant. Eventually, after explaining the problem to a front desk supervisor, we were given adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, the heater in my brother's room was so loud when it ran, that it can only be compared to a semi-truck engine running throughout the room. When they could not fix the problem, they instead brought up a purse-size portable heater. Needless to say, the room was freezing all night. They also need to raise the temperature in the "Paradise Landings" area. All of us were freezing!! The location to other sites is very close & within walking distance and the rooms were all very clean, but all the inaccuracies regarding our rate (we were not told of a military discount that could have been applied), the promise, then not, of adjoining rooms and the downright rudeness of the front desk makes me hesitant to stay at this hotel again. Note to front desk staff at *any* hotel: Most guest at a hotel will only have interaction with ONE person....That is YOU! Make it count and you will have repeat business in any service industry. Hope this review was helpful to other hard-working families out there.

Room Tip: Depends if your request is even acknowledged???
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jane B
Dear Jane B -

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you faced as our guest during your recent visit to Milwaukee. I do appreciate you taking the time to complete this review and to make our hotel aware of the problems that arose while you were our guest. I look forward to speaking with you directly regarding this stay to resolve these issues and to ensure I will have the chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Milwaukee!

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed here in September while seeing the Brewers play. Great customer service; We checked in a little early and they didn't have our room ready so they upgraded us to a suite. Rooms were nice and clean with comfortable beds. We tried the buffet the following morning. There was a fantastic selection, though it is a bit pricy. Try to priceline this area; we get great deals on 3 star or better everytime we book in Milwaukee. Would definately recommend for somebody who wants to stay somewhere near downtown.

Room Tip: Elevators are pretty slow.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Tsmd2007 -

Thank you for the review of our property during your recent September stay! I am hopeful that next year you will be able to stay in October as well to attend a Brewers game!

I look forward to your return as our guest!

Menomonie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

They shopped at Kohls for the dress for this pig.Staff however were very happy to have a job and were very helpful .
Insist on a floor above the 11th. the walls are paper thin and you can hear a hiccup from the room next door-however they packed us up and moved us up to a nicer room at a higher floor.
As for the CHOP HOUSE Forget about it -the server was nice but tooo many tables as the manager scuffed his feet around looking busy and didnt help except to give a hand at apoligizing for the gassley food. Look harder I wish I had for somewere else.
Ps.Hair in bathroom and yuky stuff in tub.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower rooms looking east lake view but the huge flag blocks your view plus the flapping of...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Foodwriter2 –

I am very sorry to hear of your experience at the Hilton Milwaukee. Throughout our 83 year history we have worked very dilgiently to maintain and update our hotel. Throughout these 83 years we have had many additions, renovations and enhancements that recently earned the Hilton Milwaukee the Four Diamond Award from AAA and we were also recently introduced as a member of the prestigious Historic Hotels of America.

I would welcome the chance to speak with you directly and have the opportunity to welcome you back personally to the Hilton Milwaukee to ensure you experience the grandeur and history that we have to offer in the city of Milwaukee!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

A few months prior my husband and I stayed at the Hilton Milwaukee. I strongly believe it is the customer service and manners of the staff that can make or break a visit. The historic charm and atmosphere of the hotel made it nice to stay at. However the staff at the front desk was unpleasant. Upon checking in a young women named Jasmine was extremely rude. She made no point to hide her clear annoyance and frustration with me for asking questions about local things to do around Milwaukee. As I walked away I also caught her rolling her eyes at me to another colleague. The waitress at the pub was also very rude, which made lunch unpleasant. As an owner and manager of my own boutique in SoHo I thought that was not only unprofessional but shocking that a respectable place like the Hilton would hire individuals with inappropriate decorum towards guests. However, the bellman Greg was extremely pleasant and helpful. For the rest of my stay I felt uncomfortable to call down to the front desk or ask them for directions. If I ever am in the Milwaukee area again I will be sure to go somewhere with better customer service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sarah I -

Thank you very much for choosing to be our guest on your recent visit to Milwaukee. I am very thankful you alerted myself and our hotel to the customer service you experienced as our guest. I would also like to take this time to apologize for the way our associates acted at both our Guest Services Desk and in our Miller Time Pub! I look forward to talking with you personally about your time as our guest and to ensure I will have the chance to welcome you back and experience the level of service we pride our hotel on.

Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I added a few days to a work conference, and my conference hotel was overbooked for the first few nights, so I booked those two nights at the Hilton.At first I thought it was a great deal.

Then things took a turn, when I discovered my Kindle (and the charger) were missing from my luggage after I checked out and checked into the Pfister down the street. My suitcase was never left unattended except for when it was in my room. I called the Hilton immediately to report them missing but they said nothing had turned up. Two days later the charges started appearing on my Amazon account and I went back in and filed an official report with security with all the documentation. I think I had the new guy on the job but he said they would check it out and the head of securty would call me. I never heard from them. I'm not looking for compensation, just some follow up. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and never had anything go missing like this. I'm pretty disapointed. My advice, put everything you can fit into the safe.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMilwaukee, Front Office Manager at Hilton Milwaukee City Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Dear Zuleika M -

I am very sorry to hear of the issue you faced as our guest regarding your missing Kindle. I have just messaged and left you a voicemail so myself along with our Director of Security can speak with you directly regarding this issue. I appreciate you taking the time reach out to the hotel and look forward to having this issue resolved for you.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

As a frequent traveler, I want to again comment on the incredible service at the Hilton/Milwaukee. From room quality to associate service, this is a top notch property. The bell staff watch out for guests needs and react, the front desk welcomes returning guests by first name, the room assignment staff remember and respond to your needs, and concierge staff provide friendly service. I cannot say enough about the people, the property and the experience. Thanks! Dr. Tom Holub

Room Tip: Jasmine, the room handler, knows that I prefer rooms away from the elevator, and always accomodates...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Dr. Holub -

Thank you very much for the praise for our team and the Hilton Milwaukee! We take great pride in our service and our hotel and are very glad to o hear our efforts do not go unnoticed! As always we are here to serve our guests and look forward to their every arrival! I look forward to the interaction and the requests ahead of stay to ensure we have your needs meet while your or any guest of ours is at the Hilton Milwaukee!