All reviewsanchorage restaurantfront desknice view of the riverrestaurant stafffire pitclose to downtownbreakfast buffetnight's sleepindoor poolbusiness centerbeds were comfortablehiltonleonardbartenderfreewaymaintenancebrewery
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Visited with my husband and brother on a motorcycle trip through Michigan and Wisconsin. Very nice large hotel with a trendy upscale feel for a bargain price. Beds were comfortable and room was clean with modern finishes. Close to downtown restaurants and highway, but far enough away to avoid all of the congestion and noise. Patio had huge seating area and fire pit that was very welcoming with the cool evening air. Bar and restaurant on site (The Anchorage). There is a fitness room, hot tub and pool as well, all very well kept up. Would definitely consider another stay here if in the area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2017

Thank you so much for including the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront in your travel plans. We are glad to know our location worked well for you and that your comfortable room, as well as the facilities we provide, added to your exceptional visit. We look forward to welcoming you and your family again on your next trip.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

First of all the hotel seemed to be under staffed or lazy. Every night we had to call down to the desk and ask for more towels. For some reason housekeeping would only give us 2 towels and every night we had to call down for more towels because there were 4 of us staying in the room. Saturday morning I made it point to call down and advise staff start putting 4 towels in our room. That did not work. Saturday night we again had to call down for towels. We were told to come down because there was not enough staff to bring up the towels. Fine we will come down. When I got to the desk security was standing at the desk drinking a soda and chatting with the front desk clerk. I asked for the towels and they then said they were looking for more towels. I later sent my son to get the towels. HE CAME UP WITH 3 BATH MATS BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT FIND TOWELS!!!!!!!! if you want pictures I will post them on Trip Advisor. I WAS TOLD THAT IS ALL THEY COULD FIND. HOW DISGUSTING. WE ENDED UP USING OUR OWN BEACH TOWELS. Just a brief note the previous night security did bring up the towels a male security officer dropped them off the female security was to busy hanging out. Sorry for the sarcasm.

After the first night we noticed our sheets were not changed we were told to use the card in the bathroom and place the card on the bed. Could not find a card in the bathroom. We were brought a new card. Great way to save on clean sheets by pleading sorry the card was missing. Shouldn't housekeeping have a checklist and see that the card was missing? Better yet instead of putting the card in the bathroom on towel rack why not placeit on the night stand were one could see the card.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Raffaele C
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for evaluating your stay with us. We were disappointed to read your review, as we normally receive positive comments about our staff and service. Please accept our apologies for your less than favorable experience and for receiving bath mats instead of towels. As our guest, you deserved a comfortable and stress-free experience, and because of our lack of attentive service, we did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

It looks old outside but inside seems modern and has comfortable rooms. The price makes it worth it. It is 10 min far away from downtown. Nice view to the river and very friendly staff. The place is clean.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront. It’s nice to know you found us to be a good value and that you were impressed with your comfortable room and our helpful associates. We enjoyed hosting you and hope we'll continue to be your first choice whenever you are in Milwaukee.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Both Leonard Benson front desk and Kevin where wonderful and always willing to help. Kevin does an awesome job hosting at breakfast great conversations and very knowledgable, funny, and very social. Leonard works the front desk always greeting us as we come and leave and asking us if we need anything.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Rose, thank you for writing such a lovely review about your experience at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront. We are thrilled to read about the great service you received from our associates Leonard and Kevin, and how their actions exceeded your expectations. They both will be pleased to hear your compliments. Your feedback is much appreciated, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Dear Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront,
I'd like to express my disgust in the treatment of my family whilst we stayed at your hotel this week, Myself, my husband, and 2 kids (aged 1 & 4) came all the way from Australia and were booked in for a 9 night stay, however after the 5th night we were asked to leave. Yes, that's right we were kicked out of your hotel. The reason you gave us was because you had received several noise complaints. Not because we were partying. Not for having guests over, which we never did. Not for non payment or any other issue. But because our 1 year old was crying. Or our 4 year old who was still on Australian time, was awake through the night. Twice you guys had sent security up to our room to ask us to be quiet, which I apologized over and over again. Even going down to the front desk the following mornings apologizing and feeling terrible, to which the front desk staff played it down, saying things like "don't worry, they're checking out today" - meaning the guests who were complaining were checking out, so we shouldn't have any more issues. I had apologized to the front desk staff Explaining that the kids were still in a different time zone and I'm doing everything possible to get them to sleep. Or Keep them quiet. Tv on. iPads on. Late night baths to try to get them settled! Everything I could do while being away from home. When my husband received the phone call asking us to leave, I didn't believe him. I said I was was going down to talk to the manager, as this wasn't right. The manager was Joel Plakut. I just couldn't believe this was happening. Why accept a booking with younger children, if this is a possibility of what might happen? I went down to reception to talk to the manager who came out to the front desk, and again told me we had to leave by 1pm, this was at 10am. We had just transferred all of our Australian savings money over to US dollars and it hadn't arrived on our prepaid usd MasterCard as yet, so that meant we had no available funds to purchase a new hotel room for the remaining 4 nights of our trip, the remaining 4 nights we were meant to be staying at your property. So I said to the manager, what's the problem? And he replied telling me that every night they had noise complaints about our room. I responded and asked, why weren't we told about these complaints? We only knew about 2 of these times. He then continued to tell me that another reason we are getting kicked out was because housekeeping had an issue with our room. I was wondering why this was the first time I'd heard about this, I had noticed that for a few nights housekeeping hadn't changed our bedding, they'd been in to clean our room, and everything else was clean except the sheets. So we slept in dirty sheets, and trust me, with no sitting area in our room and 2 young kids, the sheets needed to be changed. I just assumed they'd ran out of clean bedding. But back to housekeeping, they had an issue with our room, As our 4 year old had gotten chocolate on the bedding and instead of washing the chocolate out, they would need to be replaced, and I was informed that a $200 USD fee had already been deducted from my account to cover these costs. Firstly, you kick us out of your hotel, with no where to go. You then take $200 without consent and even if sheets did need to be replaced, $200 is wayyyy over the amount sheets would cost. So while I'm trying to understand, I'm in tears, telling you I won't be leaving without anywhere to go, or a full cash refund so I can purchase a new hotel, your response is that you will call the local PD! Are you kidding me?! For what?! You threatened to call the local PD on me 3 times, telling me I was causing a disturbance! So while walking off in total disbelief, I say that I cannot believe this, and cry all the way back upto the room! Everyone in the elevator were so concerned about me, strangers, strangers cared more about me and my family than the holiday inn did, and I didn't spend thousands of dollars with strangers, I spent it with the holiday inn. This is not over, I want my $200 back and I will be getting it. There is absolutely no way you are getting away with this. This is not over. Any issues with any of this, PLEASE let me know. I'd love to hear your response!!!!
Tiarney Ramos
Australia

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Brian B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Dear Readers,
This situation is truly unfortunate as we try very hard to satisfy all of our guests, in this case after numerous noise complaints and after observing a complete disregard for the condition of our guestroom, this family was asked very politely to depart the hotel early. As part of this conversation we let them know that we would be refunding them for the four additional nights they were supposed to stay with our hotel so that they could book elsewhere. As you may imagine, this is a last-resort request as the hotel is in the business of renting rooms, not turning guests away.
Despite our attempts to handle this issue discretely, this guest initially refused to leave and caused a disturbance in our lobby that included cursing, speaking loudly and videotaping our staff and other guests against their wishes. At that point we were left with no other option than to make her aware that we would be calling the police. Our #1 goal is to provide a great, relaxing place for all our guests to rest and enjoy and we take this obligation very seriously. We truly regret that this did not work out for this family and we're hopeful that they were able to enjoy the remainder of their stay elsewhere. Also, the $200 that they reference was the cost the hotel incurred so that we could return our guestroom back to the beautiful condition we want all of our guests to walk into in our recently renovated hotel.