Decent hotel. Rooms were clean and front desk people were friendly. From a hotel standpoint there is really nothing to complain about. Everything you would expect from a Hilton. I would def. stay there again. The drive to downtown was not too bad. There is a nice outdoor/indoor shopping mall about 1.5 miles away. The neighborhood around the hotel seemed a bit shady but we didn't encounter any problems.
The restaurant in the hotel is a different story. This restaurant gets high reviews from other people but I am not sure why. Was greeted at the door by a friendly hostess for breakfast. She took me to a table and it was all downhill from there. Waited for what seemed a LONG time on a waiter/waitress and no one came. I flagged someone down and they got my server for me. I did the buffet and the food was typical for a hotel buffet, not great but not bad. Never got my drinks refilled and again had to find someone to help me. VERY poor service, but the kicker, The service for lunch the next day was a 1000 times worse. To make this quick, wasn't greeted in a timely manner. forgot to bring our drinks, only brought half our food and dropped off our check before we even got the rest of our food. Drink refills didn't happen. The bright point, the food was def. above average for a hotel restaurant.
Not sure I would eat in the hotel restaurant again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the banks of the Milwaukee River and just minutes from the heart of downtown, the Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is the latest addition to the Greater Milwaukee scene. Enjoy a luxury selection of spacious guestrooms including deluxe rooms featuring impressive river views. From plush pillow-top mattresses and luxurious linens to premium bath products, our hotel offers a modern twist to a relaxing and peaceful stay. Whether traveling on business or just for leisure, our hotel's accommodations and amenities will exceed your every expectation. When staying with us take advantage of complimentary Internet access, complimentary parking, and an extravagant dining experience. Explore all of Milwaukee's rich history and settle in at our hotel after a day on the town. With a variety of local businesses, corporations, shopping and nightlife, there's plenty to do when visiting the Milwaukee/Glendale area. Guests can take advantage of our hotel's free shuttle service to local attractions and shopping within a three mile radius. The hotel has been designed to not only give guests easy access to the city's entertainment, but also to provide a serene environment with unparalleled hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milwaukee River Hotel Milwaukee
- Hilton Hotel Milwaukee River
- Milwaukee Hilton