“Great stay....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We had a great stay at the Doubletree. I"ve stayed here before and it's always been very nice. Awesome, comfortable beds and perfect downtown location. Our son goes to Marquette so we frequently travel to Milwaukee. We always stay downtown and becaue I"m a HHonors member I always stay HIlton. The one thng I don't like about this hotel is the mandatory valet parking. Definately not a big fan of that. Also, their pool is outdoor so it's only seasonally available. Perhaps there are privledges at the HIlton across the street in the off season. The pool was very nice though for this visit as it was the heat of the summer.

Stayed: August 2010

Reviewed September 20, 2010

My wife and I spent last weekend in Milwaukee. I travel quite a bit on business and this hotel had the most helpful and friendly staff I have ever seen. A full breakfast was included with the rate and the warm cookies at the front desk provided a nice touch. The rooms were clean and the hotel was conveniently located just a couple of blocks for the convention center. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

A few friends and i went up to Milwaukee for a Brewery Tour and we all decided to stay at this hotel. The hotel was pretty much what you would expect from a Doubletree - good room, clean comfortable, nice amenities. etc. The bathrooms are a little small though and the service at breakfast was kind of slow (but the food was very good) We had a corner room with a decent view. The room had a king bed & a sofa pull out which was enough for 3 adults comfortably.

I am only writing this because Lana at the front desk was fantastic. She greeted us with a big smile, got us checked in early, gave us some suggestions in the area, showed us where to go... I appreciated the personalized service. Made me feel like a real guest not just another person checking in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Doubletree Milwaukee is an old Holiday Inn. Great location, room is just ok and the bathrooms are tiny. It is really hard to get a good night's sleep there. The windows appear to offer very little sound insulation from street noise. A loud fan clicks off and on about every 20 minutes for the room's heating and air conditioning. Valet parking is convenient but costly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PMRLM
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My friend and I had stayed for one night and it just could have been better. I've stayed at (way) less expensive hotels and thought that the rooms were nicer. Don't get me wrong, nice rooms, but smaller than expected and bathrooms are small as well. Staff seems friendly, didn't have too much interaction with them.
The valet is $15.00 per night and the only shuttle that you get is for the casino, which I was so disappointed because my friends that were staying at the Days Inn had a shuttle anywhere in Milwaukee for $5.00! We spent $18.00 plus tip each way just to go to the fairgrounds via Taxi. Bottom Line...would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This hotel is by far the nicest we have stayed at for Summerfest. Free valet parking, clean comfortable beds. Front desk sign in and checkout was fast and efficient. Price was alot higher than I would have wanted to pay, but it was during Summerfest and comperably priced with other downtown hotels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank fyrfyter215
Reviewed June 28, 2010

* Car got deeply scratched in their valey parking.
* Leak in ceiling above the bed during a thunderstorm which dripped on bed.
* Toilet barely attached to floor and wobbly.
* Room service breakfast order form never picked up - hence no breakfast delivered.
* Telphone didn't work properly.
When we brought up these issues, they apologized and offered us a FREE COOKIE. Yes, you read that right - a FREE COOKIE.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple