1,437 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskvalet parkingsun deckbreakfast buffetrestaurant staffvalet servicemilwaukee downtownwithin walking distanceconvention centerbusiness tripwould stay here againthe entire staffupon checkhousekeeping staffbed was very comfortable
Reviewed June 28, 2010

* Car got deeply scratched in their valey parking.
* Leak in ceiling above the bed during a thunderstorm which dripped on bed.
* Toilet barely attached to floor and wobbly.
* Room service breakfast order form never picked up - hence no breakfast delivered.
* Telphone didn't work properly.
When we brought up these issues, they apologized and offered us a FREE COOKIE. Yes, you read that right - a FREE COOKIE.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buma3333
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I have been coming to a convention in Milwaukee for seven of the last ten years and have always stayed at one of the hotels with special room rates connected with the convention. After having some unpleasant issues with each of those hotels including being rudely ousted from my room after four days because a previous guest complained of bedbugs - damage already done if they were still there?!?!?! Anyway, I decided that this year I would try one of the other hotels conveniently located near the Frontier Airlines Center (formerly Midwest Airlines Center) and I chose the Doubletree. I am so pleased! The staff are incredibly friendly, accommodating and genuinely happy. Even the housekeeping staff pause to say hello with a smile. My room was pleasingly furnished. Since I did not want to eat out for every meal, I chose a room with a refrigerator and microwave - both were nicely sized and clean and worked well. No frozen fruit or warm soda! And my room fee included the breakfast buffet which was incredible - complete with a great selection of eggs, French toast, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt - pretty much anything you like for breakfast. All of this for a rate far less expensive than the sponsored hotels! Oh - you also get free Internet! The first night I was here, someone decided to light up a cigarette in the stairwell. I couldn't believe how quickly someone was there trying to capture the culprit and waving a can of air freshener. I've heard they've caught quite a few of those who believe they can sneak a cigarette!!! Good for them - I hope they keep it up. So if you want a beautifully furnished room with the convenience of easy access to FAC and the Loop Trolley stop, a great breakfast buffet, free Internet and a wonderful warm chocolate chip cookie when you check-in...don't look further than Milwaukee's City Center Doubletree. I'll be back next year!!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jewelsworld
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We reserved a two-room suite which was very clean and spacious. The king-sized bed was very comfortable as was the pullout sleeper. We had a very clean refrigerator and microwave.
The staff was friendly and helpful, room service prompt and breakfast dining was pleasant with delicious food.
The location is ideal for downtown activities.
Will return if we are ever in Milwaukee again.
Milwaukee is a great getaway weekend!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JayMH
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a Marquette basketball game. We always stay Hilton, but the Hilton downtown was booked so we stayed at this relatively new Doubletree.

The old hotel here, a Holiday Inn, was a little rundown. Hilton has done a terrific job of remodeling. This hotel has perhaps the friendliest and most welcoming staff of any Hilton property we have stayed at. Everyone, from check-in to the bar, to the restaurant was terrific, making this a very pleasant stay.

The street traffic be a little noisy, but it's right downtown so you have to expect that.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I just recently stayed at the DoubleTree in Milwaukee, WI during one of my business trips. The staff was very friendly and informative. Every night that I was there, the front desk was always giving me different suggestions of where to go for dinner or what I should go see while I was in town. I noticed that they actually tried to remember their guests by name or at least by room and kept a running conversation going with them everyday in the lobby as they were going to and from their business. Very unique now-a-days. The bar and the restaurant on sites were also ok, but the gym was quite small with only a few pieces of equipment. If more than two people are in there, the room feels crowded.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business