“Great. Beautiful, clean and inviting ambiance.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Nassau, Bahamas
“Great. Beautiful, clean and inviting ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I would hghly recommend double Tree Hotels for whatever purposes. It feels like home away from home. The Staff were warm and welcoming. This being my first time at Double Tree was a treat for me. I loved everything, it was cozy - a wow factor.

1 Thank Annette M
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hello Annette M-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the excellent five-star review! I am pleased to hear you had a very positive experience at our hotel, and I’m glad you were able to experience our “warm and welcoming” team. We strive to provide a “home away from home” experience, and I’m happy to know we accomplished that! Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we hope to welcome you back on future visits!

414-273-2950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cedar Rapids, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. I ordered room service and the amount of time before delivery was very short and the quality of the food was excellent. Bed was very comfortable. Location is great for the convention center.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

1 Thank Chuck S
Hello Chuck S-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business. I am proud to hear that all of our staff was “extremely friendly & professional”. In addition, I’m glad you enjoyed our quickly delivered & delicious room service, our perfect location (kitty corner to the convention center), and our plush and very comfortable Sweet Dreams® beds. We hope to welcome you back on future visits, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist with.

Manchester, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a good stay here. Location was excellent, walked everywhere. Breakfast was very varied and well stocked- pastries very fresh. Parking was easy and valet quick. Room was very clean and bed very comfortable Would recommend for stay in Milwaukee

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank yvonnefov
Dear yvonnefov-

Thank you for the wonderful review. Most importantly, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Milwaukee. I am so pleased you enjoyed our extensive & well stocked breakfast buffet. Our culinary team is always looking to add creative & delicious options to keep the menu fresh, and our team will be happy to know you enjoyed it! In addition, I’m glad you found our valet parking option to be efficient. Thank you again for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Burlington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The hotel was very clean and organized. The service was excellent and the employees were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only request I would offer, would be to offer free coffee on the main floor with something light to eat. Not all your guests have time to have a sit down meal. The restaurant was nice but when you are in a rush, it is nice to be able to grab and go. Thanks for a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Bryon And Diane P-

Thank you choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for sharing your great experience with other travelers. I am glad to hear that you had a very pleasant experience at our hotel. We aim at offering perfect ‘10’ service, and I’m delighted to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. Our Housekeeping team will be excited to receive another great review on the cleanliness of our hotel and guest rooms! We value all of our guest feedback and recommendations, and we will certainly keep your comments in mind regarding a beverage station in our lobby. Thank you again for the great review, and we hope to see you back again on a future visit.

Burlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Pillows were the BEST! Can't sleep if the pillows are lousy. Room was clean and quiet. Bathroom was a little small but had all the right amenities. Loved the make-up mirror. Staff was very personable and helpful. Chocolate chip cookie was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ellen R-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown, and for the great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed our very comfortable pillows, our pristine and quite guest room, the wonderful service provided by our team, and the cherry on top—our delicious warm chocolate chip & walnut cookies upon arrival. I’m delighted to hear that our hotel “had all the right amenities”. Thank you again for the awesome review, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Milwauee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I travel for business regularly. Because I rack up points on the loyalty accounts, I am pretty much guaranteed a very nice welcome at any hotel. The Milwaukee Doubletree staff blew me away. Their greetings were sincere. The room service staff offered sight-seeing advice. The technician who came to fix the TV (a loose wire) was there quickly AND gave me a coupon for a cookie. Every time I left of came back, the folks at the front desk had something to say. In a time where many hotels have similar offerings, it is the people that make the difference. These people are the reason that I'll come back to this hotel AND will try other Doubletrees in the future. Also -- within walking distance of the Harley Davidson museum: a must do!

Hello Kari S-

Thank you for choosing to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown while traveling on business, and for your continued loyalty as a Hilton Honors Member. I truly appreciate the great feedback on our hotel and the kind words on our team. I absolutely agree that it’s the people that make the difference, and I am proud to hear that our exceptional service truly differentiates us from other hotels you’ve stayed at. Our staff is always looking for ways to go above and beyond in our guest’s experience, and I’m happy to hear that our Room Service staff offered sight-seeing advice, and our Engineer provided you with a coupon for an additional freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. I’m thrilled to hear that our team made your stay memorable, and I’m so glad to hear you’ll stay with us again on a future visits. Thank you again for the very nice review, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist with.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This Doubletree is in a good location for the downtown and surrounding business district. Stayed here in late July 2014 for business, but this wasn't my first choice. Due to a large conference in town, this was the only property that was available and within strict business expense policy (and that didn't look like it was setting of a horror film).

I was pleasantly surprised by the front desk staff and the valet guys. The valet guys in particular were awesome... thanks again yall! It's always nice to get the cookies at check-in too, especially after a grueling travel day. Stayed in room 817 (Hilton Honors floors are 7-10 I think) in a handicap room..again, they were super booked up, but was happy to get a room. The room definitely needs updating in decor and design, but they really are trying hard to make this as clean and nice as possible...kudos to them on that.

Loved having a microfridge in the room that could fit more than 1 diet coke can and a tiny bottle of water...great for business travelers who like to get fresh food to have in the room...or to stock their own beer. ;-)

The sundeck was nice, but wish there was a pool. The gym was very small and the treadmills were rather wobbly, but it was clean.

The ladies in the Avenue Bar and Grill were excellent both times we ate breakfast downstairs. The bartenders weren't very friendly though.

Will consider this a great backup hotel when my others are taken for future trips to Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Get on honors floor...snacks in room etc. Request room not facing 6th avenue as it's very loud d...
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hello LALela27-

Thank you for selecting to stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton while traveling on business, and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased you enjoyed our perfect downtown, delicious freshly baked cookies upon arrival, our welcoming team, and our very clean guest rooms equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. We strive to provide you with the best service, and I am so pleased to hear that our front desk staff, valet staff and servers in our Avenue Bar & Grill provided you with top-notch service. We often receive compliments on our attentive & friendly bartenders, and I do apologize for our shortcoming in your experience. I will discuss your comments with our Restaurant Managers, and thank you for making us aware so we can make improvements in this area. I’m delighted to hear that you will consider staying with us on future visits. Thank you again for the wonderful review, and please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to assist with a future reservation.