“service at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“service at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff was the most courteous and helpful of any I have ever encountered..From the front desk to the restaurant staff everyone was so willing and amenable to our every request. The breakfast staff was terrific and especially the manager at the desk. While the rooms especially bathrooms are not large the quality of the towels, sheets and bedding more than makes up ..The Citron soaps and shampoos were very refreshing. I would most definitely stay there again gladly.They did an excellent job of making us welcome from lending us an umbrella ..I thought the valets were friendly and everyone I encountered was so friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet ..We stayed over the weekend and had no trouble sleeping either night. I wou...
Green Features: I felt fine with the attempts this Hilton Doubletree has made to be environmental friendly.There was no lack or scarcity from any ecology minded issues.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is wonderful to hear that our staff left an impression with you and that you were able to take advantage of the amenities that the property has to offer. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Doubletree on a Saturday night after attending a wedding nearby. We used Hilton points and received a room upgrade to a larger corner room because my husband is a Hilton Diamond member. The room was very large and very nicely decorated. Everyone in the hotel was very welcoming and professional. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends also. We did not use the pool or gym facilities. The buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your husband got to have a get away. Please know that there is not a pool on property but in the summer we have a wonderful sun deck. Please come and visit us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

This property is old and the bathroom is tiny. The air conditioning/heating unit is noisy, and even though we tried to raise the temperature, the room was cold. My biggest disappointment is that as a Hilton Diamond member, I didn't get a room on either of the two Hilton Honors floors. Our friends checked in at the same time as us and were given a room on the Honors floor (they were Honors members but not at the Diamond level). When I asked why we weren't on that floor, I was told that a room probably wasn't available. Strange, since a room certainly was available when I checked in. I've stayed at much nicer Doubletrees in other cities.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your patronage to Hilton and please know that we appreciate you loyalty. Without knowing all the details of the reservations it is hard to say why you were not located on a Hilton Honors floor. I do apologize for we do try to accomodate all our guest accordingly. Please know that since your stay we have added another HHonors floor for two was not enough to accommodate our frequent Hilton travelers. I do hope that the travels that brought you to Milwaukee were eventful.
Charlotte NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights to visit the Harley Museum and see some of Milwaulkee. Nice hotel that needs a little upgrading. Comfortable stay. I am a Diamond member and stayed on points, so I get free breakfast and parking. Typically parking in downtown milwaulkee can be expensive, here it would have been $15 nightly.

Very close to the HD museum and restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Courteous staff and had no issues here at all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Away from the front of the hotel, as it is a downtown location and on a fairly busy street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your patronage to Hilton and taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee downtown. It is great to hear that our hotel met your needs and that you were able to take advantage of your Hilton points. I do hope that your experience at both the hotel and in Milwaukee will bring you back to visit us again in the future.
New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Fine hotel for when you just need a place to sleep. Was in town over the weekend for one night... wasn't in the room much. Bed was comfortable... room and sheets were exceptionally clean, plenty of towels in the bathroom. Room temperature control was good.

There are probably some minor negative intangibles, but not much of a factor since I wasn't there long. Small bathroom, expensive breakfast buffet, valet parking only (there is an outdoor public parking lot half a block east on Wisconsin Ave. I didn't bring out my tablet, so I don't know if WiFi is free or not.

Location is good. West end of downtown -- a walk along Wisc. Ave is probably 10 minutes or so from the river. There's a 24/7 Dunkin Donuts across the street, a few convient stores around, a Starbucks down the street, a Millertime Pub (nice place, good food) also down the street, and your just a few blocks east of the Marquette campus area.

Very clean room and comfy bed... no qualms about sleeping at night in the room. That's all I can ask for and with nothing else really bothering me about my stay, I have no problem giving it 5 stars.

Room Tip: If going to Miller Park or the Casino, skip I-94 and just take 6th St. west. When you reach Canal, t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtwon. We your patronage to our hotel and hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms and staff. Loved the gym too, cardio machines and even free weights. Easy access to nice parts of Milwaukee. However not a great neighborhood at night, don't walk around alone at night but great if you have a group of people.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Milwaukee is a great place to visit, and this place is good for both business travelers and tourists. Rooms are nice, bathrooms are a bit small bit overall it works. Walking distance to many area to-do's downtown and quick access to the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
So wonderful to hear that you found Milwaukee to be a great place to visit and that you enjoyed your time with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future.