“Double tree hotel”

Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
southaven, United States
“Double tree hotel”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Location is perfectly located in downtown. The entire staff was very professional, helpful- not one staff member disappointed in any area. The valet service was great, restaurant personnel more than accommodating. Very impressed with them....and of course the warm cookies!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. Thank you for the great feedback it will be shared with the staff. Please come back and visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Mount Kisco, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While I thought the hotel was clean and service freindly, I felt the price was high for the size of the room. Perhaps because there was a National sporting event which took over the town on our weekend and rooms were limited. There are quite a few dining options within walking distance that were quite good. Eat the breakfast buffet across the street- its much better. Certainly an acceptable hotel, just should be a bit more reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We do appreciate all feedback and review all comments. Summer is the busiest time in Milwaukee and the rates can tend to be a bit higher than they would be if you were here in January. We do hope that the events that brought you to Milwaukee were fantastic and you enjoyed your time in the city.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed for one night. Check in was very smooth fast and friendly. The lobby is a little chopped up but was nice. I was upgraded to a very large clean and comfortable suite on the six floor with a great corner view of the convention center. Room had two full baths and was clean and comfortable. They really take care of there Diamond Members here. Nice snacks in the room with a Wisconsin twist plus afree wifi and a free breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feed back on our stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is great to hear that we were able to provide you with the amenities that come with the Diamond status. We are greatful to have you as part of the Hilton Family. Please come and see us again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here when our daughter participated in the USA Triathlon Nationals and our stay could not have been better. Everyone at the hotel from the valet to the front desk to housekeeping were very accommodating and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. We made good use of the refrigerator and microwave. Great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

The Doubletree staff enjoyed having all the tri athletes and seeing what it takes for such a great accomplishment. I do believe that most of the comments were I don't think I could do that! It was an exciting time for us also and we are excited to have you all back next year. Thank you for sharing your stay and we look for ward to seeing you again.
Manchester, England
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree for the duration of the Bead and Button Show (and a few more days besides) and I was extremely happy overall with the hotel and staff. I would say that the location is not that great because there tends to be a bit of 'mugging' going on outside by people begging for money and after you've given several times a day this tends to get a bit much, and because of that I was not so happy wandering around on my own after dark in the area but that is out of the hotel's control.
My room was always spotless though I was a bit disconcerted to find that the maid had decided that the teabags I had brought from the UK in a bag were where for some reason I might be storing old used coffee bags, and had added all the old coffee bags to my tea thereby rendering my tea totally useless (next time I will hide the stuff).
Other than that, I can honestly say I was very happy.
The front desk staff were always there to help and as a single female traveller visiting from outside the country it made a big difference to have people saying hello, good morning and welcome back as and when I left the building.
I used the restaurant just once, but what I had was fine, no complaints - though the restaurant was eerily empty. Parking and driving to the location of the hotel is easy (even for a Brit!) and I do believe the parking valets shared the same sort of relief as I did each time I made it back to the car park with the car in one complete piece. Valet parking worked perfectly, it was not a pain at all to wait a few moments for one of the guys to bring the car down from wherever they'd put it once I left it with them - there seemed no expectation of tips as when they were offered they were accepted, but with some surprise (maybe that was because a British person was offering a tip!).
There are a couple of little mini-mart type shops nearby that have scant food and drink offerings but are ok for stocking up with milk etc. There is also a Starbucks just around the corner. I'd recommend anyone staying at the Doubletree take a short trip with their car to the Milwaukee Public Market to buy some yummy stuff to stock their in-room fridges with. There was always tea and coffee in the room - a microwave and the aforementioned fridge swung the balance for me when I was deciding between hotels in the area as I knew there would be days I would be so busy I would not have chance to go out to eat.
Its not in the best of areas but the staff do go out of their way to look after their customers - I always felt safe inside the hotel. As long as you are aware of your situation at all times and remain focused on keeping yourself and your belongings safe whilst walking around after dark and exercise common sense I am fairly sure Doubletree customers would be fine. Daylight hours were generally OK.
I'm fairly sure I'd stay at the Doubletree again when I go to the Bead and Button Show next year, its a great base. I did have the opportunity of checking out a couple of the other hotels in the area whilst I was attending classes and the Doubletree compares favourably. Their best asset is their lovely staff at this location.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator at the ends of corridors tend to be quieter. Obviously.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It would seem that you were able to become quite familiar with Milwaukee while you were here. We appreciate all the great feedback on our staff and our facility. I do apologize for inconvenience caused while you were with us regarding items in your room. The Bead and Button show is a favorite for us for you are the first convention of the summer and we enjoy having you. We do hope to see you again next year.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent three nights at this Doubletree and we were pleased with our stay. The price was reasonable. The hotel provides free internet but no breakfast (unless you want to save your cookie till the next morning). Valet parking is $15/night which isn't bad for downtown in a large city. Nearby lots charge $12 day but with no in/out privilege. The location is excellent. It's diagonally across the street from the convention center and a short walk to the river. There are many good restaurants within walking distance. We hardly used our car during the time we were there. Our room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Other than the beds being a little too soft, the room was comfortable and it was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again. Be sure to visit the Pabst Mansion and the art museum.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MilwaukeeGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We appreciate the wonderful feedback about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is alway great to hear when our guests have a good experience and that they got to enjoy some of the attractions that Milwaukee has to offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your travels. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Greenville, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

the people in the valet parking where extremely friendly. every one of the staff that we met where polite and had a nice smile. they greeted you before you you had the chance to say anything to them first. they all where very sincere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Our valet staff is our first impressions and I am so glad that they were able leave one with you. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and your comments. We do hope to see you again in the future.