“Top notch staff make this hotel something special”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Top notch staff make this hotel something special”
Reviewed May 24, 2008

The rooms at this hotel are fairly ordinary, although the beds are comfy and the rooms are nicely appointed.

Instead, what makes this hotel special is the staff. From the front desk to the restaurant to the housekeeping staff, everyone at the hotel seems to go out of their way to make sure that your stay is satisfactory in every way.

The general manager at this hotel seems to be very engaged in the guest experience. I stay at a lot of hotels during the course of a year, and I know of no other hotel of this size where the general manager has such high visibility with the guests.

This attentiveness and professionalism carries down to every member of the staff that I encountered during my stay. It is the staff that will having me return to this hotel on my next visit to Milwaukee.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Grayslake, IL
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This is a great hotel. The staff was fantastic, the rooms are small but the furnishings, bedding, and bath are wonderfu. There is a nice little onsite pub with an OUTSTANDING staff. If you have to stay in Downtown Milwaukee - this should be on your short list!!! Definately walking distance to anything you need to get to in the way of food and drink.

Stayed November 2007
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I had my wedding here and ran in to several problems during the weekend. My guest were not allowed to park at the hotel and were met with rudeness by the vallet staff. several people in my party had room problems or mischarges. the retrant was terible service and the catering staff were very unprofessional and rude to people in my party. I will not be returning to this property and do not recomend it. the only good thing is the frount desks was quick to fix problems and in gereral were nice the rest of the staff could take lessions in customer service from them.

• Liked — frount desk staff
  • Disliked — the catering staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank JasOz
Beach Park, Illinois
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the DoubleTree Milwaukee City Center on New Year’s Eve. The hotel is very clean, and nicely updated. Check-in was a breeze, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was a little small, but the wonderful bed made up for it! The thermostat-controlled furnace kept the room at the perfect temperature. I also really enjoyed the Neutrogena bath products. We were out most of the night, and didn’t really use any of the hotel amenities. The only thing we didn’t like about the hotel was the mandatory valet parking. The fee did not bother me, but waiting almost 25 minutes for our car after check out did. If you are in a hurry, check out early. We would defiantly stay at the Double Tree again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Valet Parking
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank nicknpick
Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We stayed at the Doubletree Milwaukee City Center on New Year's Eve night as part of a large "murder mystery" group. I have no idea what the room cost was as we paid for the mystery/hotel/dinner as a package, but we would definitely stay here again when we're in Milwaukee. Our room was bright and clean and didn't smell funny. The heat was adjustable to our satisfaction and the beds were comfy with great pillows. I didn't bring my laptop on this trip but will be happy to try the free wireless internet next time. We did use the internet for free in the business center (four computers) on the second floor. We checked out the fitness center (also on the second floor) and it had new, well-maintained equipment and a large-screen HDTV. The food at our banquet dinner and the next day's buffet breakfast was nothing special, but the free chocolate chip cookies are to die for! I would go back to this hotel (or any Doubletree) just for the cookies!

• Liked — The chocolate chip cookies
  • Disliked — Uninspired banquet food
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Illinois
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Conveniently located on the edge of downtown. Very nice accommodations. The most accommodating staff. The one thing that was a little troublesome to me was valet parking is mandatory at $12 per day. It is possible I overlooked that while booking but I don't ever remember it being obviously stated. We will, however, have no problem staying here again and will highly recommend the property and its staff.

The property is located at 6th and Wisconsin and is the former Holiday Inn that the Doubletree bought and remodeled within the last year or so.

• Liked — The Staff!
  • Disliked — I can park my own car, thank you!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed December 26, 2007

It wasn't the best hotel I stayed at, but it wasn't the worst either. The room was kind of small for what I am used to at a Doubletree, and the bathroom was just ok. The pool was closed (I stayed in November). The restaurant was good. The bar was fine; good bartenders who were good at suggesting good places to visit. The shuttle for the casino picked you right up at the front. The staff was helpful. The checkout (which can be tough for me having to juggle different charges on different accounts) was a breeze! I was there for a week long conference, and I'd probably stay there again. Really, nothing stood out as being bad about the place, but nothing stood out as being superterrificfantastic either.

• Liked — ease of checkout, good bartenders
  • Disliked — how plain it was
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business