DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very nice room and very good service. As with other Double Tree properties, this one is nice - love it and would stay again. I like this better than the Hilton a block away - quieter lobby and nicer rooms.

3  Thank Equestrian1
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your visit in the future! Please come back soon. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed June 18, 2012

great hotel, pleasant staff. Nice extras for gold and diamond members.

2  Thank flyerb727
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is because of you our guests that we come back day after day! So glad to hear that we met all your expectations and we hope to see you back again. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights and although I was initially unhappy about not having a microwave in my room, the staff bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. From the bellman to housekeeper, I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was---I will be back soon!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank rckautz
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about yoru experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We strive to make each and every stay perfect and communicating with our guests allows us to make that happen. Please come back and visit us in the future! Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've stayed at a number of Doubletree properties, but this one surpassed all previous visits. From the moment my partner and I arrived, we were greeted warmly and treated with the utmost respect throughout our visit. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Usually, I would balk at a valet-only option for parking, but $15/night with in-and-out privileges seemed a bargain, especially at a downtown hotel. (Plus, valet service was quite efficient--we never had to wait more than five minutes for our car.) We only visited the restaurant once, but our lunch was quite satisfying. Since I'm allergic to nuts, I wasn't able to enjoy the warm cookies presented at check-in. Jeff, the manager-on-duty promptly had a batch of six (sans nuts) prepared and sent to our room. The entire staff should be commended for setting a high standard of customer service. The Doubletree by Hilton will be my hotel of choice for all Milwaukee visits.

Room Tip: If you have the option to upgrade your room for a nominal fee, take it. We upgraded to an oversized...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rod B
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee downtown. Your group is one of the summer favorites and I we are so glad that you all finally had good weather to make your function even better! We look forward to next years events and if your travels find you in Milwaukee please come back! Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is actually my second review of this hotel. I have never doubled up on reviews but after my most recent stay at the DoubleTree in Milwaukee, I have to write them another glowing review. From the moment you check-in to the moment you check-out, they are out to impress. The warm chocolate chip cookie is a really good start!!! An hour or so after I checked in, someone from the front desk called my room to make sure that everything was to my liking which it was. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to let them know that my sink was draining a bit slowly. When I returned to my room later, my sink was fixed and I had a coupon for another warm chocolate chip cookie which I went to pick-up straight away. On the last day of my stay, there was a leak that apparently started with my tub and ended somewhere several floors below. A very nice man from maintenance came by to fix it. He asked if there was a more convenient time for him to come - perhaps when I was out of the room - I told him to please go ahead and start his repairs. He ended up having to replace the faucet which took quite a bit of time. He brought me two more warm chocolate chip cookies! I left for a few hours and when I returned I had a huge basket of goodies sitting on my desk with a lovely note of apology and yet another coupon for a warm chocolate chip cookie. That evening I received another call from the front desk to inquire about my satisfaction with my stay. My room was lovely and the bed so cozy that I had a tough time getting up in the mornings. The breakfast buffet was great and the wait staff really attentive. Easy access to the Frontier Airline Center, free high-speed internet and inexpensive parking made my stay even more pleasant. I was actually quite sad that I had to leave. I was treated like royalty and I will definitely make the DoubleTree my hotel of choice every time I come to Milwaukee. I'd like other hotels to note that it doesn't take a lot to make a guest happy - a cozy bed, a quiet room, an attentive, smiling staff and a warm cookie was all that was needed to make my stay perfect.

1  Thank Jewelsworld
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Wow...thank you for such a great review of the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is our goal to provide perfect service and from your review it would seem we met all your expectations. Please come back and visit us again in the future! Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton on a business trip from June 4th thru June 8th. I have never been treated as perfectly by anybody working in the customer service industry as I was treated by the staff at the Double Tree! You will be treated so well by any of the staff, but ask for Lindsay at the front desk & she you will understand what I mean. A job VERY well done!

2  Thank jfairbanks23
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights in Feb 2011 and couldn't have been happier. Rooms and overall ambiance and comfort are in line with the Doubletree experience. What bumped this up to a 4 rating for me was the service and demeanor of Stacy B. at the front desk. I had only a few specific questions and needs and Stacy treated me like she really cared, and she was accurate and helpful to boot. She also got me relocated right away to a different bed situation, based on my change of plans and not the hotel's error. Her approach was like it was no big deal, which was the right way to handle these things, instead of showing irritation, giving attitude, or just indifference, which is what I often get when I am not staying at a higher end property. She was often bombarded from both the phone and in person requests and did a spectacular job of juggling them all!

I was here for a couple nights out and ended up getting a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. My room was slightly noisy because it was above some ventilation and close to the ice machine. But I wear earplugs when traveling always, so I got a good sleep.

This is a standard Doubletree, nothing fancy, just a decent serviceable stay. However I will advise that the breakfast buffet here was a few dollars less expensive than at the Hilton across the street and included all hot food (extra at the Hilton). I thought that buffet was a good deal and the food, while not gourmet, was decent, and the staff was very friendly and provided excellent service.

I would stay here in a heartbeat on a return trip to Milwaukee. The location is convenient, I thought. I did not drive (dead of winter and am not used to driving in snow.)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo