“Could write the book on how to treat guests”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Orlando, Florida
“Could write the book on how to treat guests”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights and although I was initially unhappy about not having a microwave in my room, the staff bent over backwards to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. From the bellman to housekeeper, I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was---I will be back soon!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank rckautz
, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about yoru experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. We strive to make each and every stay perfect and communicating with our guests allows us to make that happen. Please come back and visit us in the future! Sincerely, Kathryn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've stayed at a number of Doubletree properties, but this one surpassed all previous visits. From the moment my partner and I arrived, we were greeted warmly and treated with the utmost respect throughout our visit. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Usually, I would balk at a valet-only option for parking, but $15/night with in-and-out privileges seemed a bargain, especially at a downtown hotel. (Plus, valet service was quite efficient--we never had to wait more than five minutes for our car.) We only visited the restaurant once, but our lunch was quite satisfying. Since I'm allergic to nuts, I wasn't able to enjoy the warm cookies presented at check-in. Jeff, the manager-on-duty promptly had a batch of six (sans nuts) prepared and sent to our room. The entire staff should be commended for setting a high standard of customer service. The Doubletree by Hilton will be my hotel of choice for all Milwaukee visits.

Room Tip: If you have the option to upgrade your room for a nominal fee, take it. We upgraded to an oversized...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rod B
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee downtown. Your group is one of the summer favorites and I we are so glad that you all finally had good weather to make your function even better! We look forward to next years events and if your travels find you in Milwaukee please come back! Sincerely, Kathryn
Chicago
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This is actually my second review of this hotel. I have never doubled up on reviews but after my most recent stay at the DoubleTree in Milwaukee, I have to write them another glowing review. From the moment you check-in to the moment you check-out, they are out to impress. The warm chocolate chip cookie is a really good start!!! An hour or so after I checked in, someone from the front desk called my room to make sure that everything was to my liking which it was. The next morning, I stopped at the front desk to let them know that my sink was draining a bit slowly. When I returned to my room later, my sink was fixed and I had a coupon for another warm chocolate chip cookie which I went to pick-up straight away. On the last day of my stay, there was a leak that apparently started with my tub and ended somewhere several floors below. A very nice man from maintenance came by to fix it. He asked if there was a more convenient time for him to come - perhaps when I was out of the room - I told him to please go ahead and start his repairs. He ended up having to replace the faucet which took quite a bit of time. He brought me two more warm chocolate chip cookies! I left for a few hours and when I returned I had a huge basket of goodies sitting on my desk with a lovely note of apology and yet another coupon for a warm chocolate chip cookie. That evening I received another call from the front desk to inquire about my satisfaction with my stay. My room was lovely and the bed so cozy that I had a tough time getting up in the mornings. The breakfast buffet was great and the wait staff really attentive. Easy access to the Frontier Airline Center, free high-speed internet and inexpensive parking made my stay even more pleasant. I was actually quite sad that I had to leave. I was treated like royalty and I will definitely make the DoubleTree my hotel of choice every time I come to Milwaukee. I'd like other hotels to note that it doesn't take a lot to make a guest happy - a cozy bed, a quiet room, an attentive, smiling staff and a warm cookie was all that was needed to make my stay perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jewelsworld
Wow...thank you for such a great review of the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. It is our goal to provide perfect service and from your review it would seem we met all your expectations. Please come back and visit us again in the future! Sincerely, Kathryn
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton on a business trip from June 4th thru June 8th. I have never been treated as perfectly by anybody working in the customer service industry as I was treated by the staff at the Double Tree! You will be treated so well by any of the staff, but ask for Lindsay at the front desk & she you will understand what I mean. A job VERY well done!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jfairbanks23
San Francisco
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights in Feb 2011 and couldn't have been happier. Rooms and overall ambiance and comfort are in line with the Doubletree experience. What bumped this up to a 4 rating for me was the service and demeanor of Stacy B. at the front desk. I had only a few specific questions and needs and Stacy treated me like she really cared, and she was accurate and helpful to boot. She also got me relocated right away to a different bed situation, based on my change of plans and not the hotel's error. Her approach was like it was no big deal, which was the right way to handle these things, instead of showing irritation, giving attitude, or just indifference, which is what I often get when I am not staying at a higher end property. She was often bombarded from both the phone and in person requests and did a spectacular job of juggling them all!

I was here for a couple nights out and ended up getting a good night's sleep and a hearty breakfast. My room was slightly noisy because it was above some ventilation and close to the ice machine. But I wear earplugs when traveling always, so I got a good sleep.

This is a standard Doubletree, nothing fancy, just a decent serviceable stay. However I will advise that the breakfast buffet here was a few dollars less expensive than at the Hilton across the street and included all hot food (extra at the Hilton). I thought that buffet was a good deal and the food, while not gourmet, was decent, and the staff was very friendly and provided excellent service.

I would stay here in a heartbeat on a return trip to Milwaukee. The location is convenient, I thought. I did not drive (dead of winter and am not used to driving in snow.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank parisencore
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday and decided to stay here at the Double Tree in Milwaukee. What a great choice to stay at this Double Tree, Milwaukee Dowtown. The young gentleman at the front desk who checked us in, could not have been more inviting. And the warm cookies he gave us, was so appreciated by us. Those are the best cookies. This young man, made us feel so comfortable from the moment we checked in to the sad day, we had to check out. The rooms are very clean and so is the hotel throughout. Our room was relaxing and had a nice view. Great location and walking distance to some good eating spots. Thank you STAFF, for the beautiful memories and we will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redr0sie
moylan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I am so glad that we were able to assist in making your special weekend everything that you had hoped it would be! Please know that you are not limited to one delicious cookie you may stop and ask for seconds. Please come back and visit again soon. Kathryn
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I spent one night while passing thru Milwaukee. Its in a good area of town, ample things to walk / stumble thru in the nearby area.
The hotel looks a bit old and tired on the outside but fine in the inside. My room was comfortable, decent size but not large. No complaints, and a good breakfast was included as a comp for status. Of course, the cookie is a nice touch. Certainly there are posher hotels than this but it fit the need just fine.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo