1,437 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesfront deskvalet parkingsun deckbreakfast buffetrestaurant staffvalet servicemilwaukee downtownwithin walking distanceconvention centerbusiness tripwould stay here againthe entire staffupon checkhousekeeping staffbed was very comfortable
Reviewed May 22, 2012

From the outside this DoubleTree looks a little dated and not quite up to Hilton standard. But once you drop your car off at valet parking it all changes, Great staff, remodeled rooms with great TVs, microwave, new bathroom the works. Breakfast was great too, a nice value from a Hilton Diamond member.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have stayed here tons of times. The location is great, good price, and it's clean...very clean. I also enjoy the fact that they give free cookies to you when you check in...nice touch.
I found out on a recent stay that you can purchase large amounts of the cookies upon request. Something to think about during your stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here on a weekend night to see a theater show at a nearby theater. We were quite pleased with the entire experience. The rooms were clean, and big enough to relax in. They came with a refrigerator, which is always nice. They also came with complimentary snacks and water. The beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms clean and modern.

There is a bar in the hotel, and it served decent drinks and had a decent beer list. We had drinks in the evening, and had breakfast the following morning in the adjacent restaurant. The breakfast was typical hotel buffet. The offerings were decent. And with the morning slowing down, the staff did not mind our party of four playing a board game at one of the tables. They even kept our coffee pot full. They could have easily kicked us out, as breakfast was over, but they minded not, and were quite friendly. That was a nice touch.

Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I spent two-weeks at the DoubleTree in downtown Milwaukee on business and could not be more satisfied with my stay. This was my third stay at the DoubleTree and the service has always been absolutely terrific! The check-in was fast and friendly, room service was outstanding, housekeeping was impeccable and maintenance quickly resolved the only minor inconvenience that occurred. Although these things all made for an enjoyable stay, the restaurant and lounge folks were the icing on the cake! This group knows how to take care of their guests and patrons. I want to say "Thank You" to Nick, Marek, Brian and JD for putting the crown on my trip! A special Thanks also goes to Jon for overseeing the entire operation and ensuring my stay was nothing short of exceptional! I can't think of a better place to stay or experience to have if one finds themselves in Milwaukee. I know I am looking forward to a future trip. Thanks again DoubleTree staff! You truly are, Hands Down, Best In Business!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt W
moylan, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of your time at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. Our guests are the reason we all come to work on a daily basis and from the sound of it you became one that is known by name! I have passed your comments on to the managers in charge of the department as well as the General Manager. Thank you choosing the Doubletree by Hilton and we will look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Kathryn

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I did one night at the Hilton Milwaukee, and one night at this Doubletree. Although the Hilton is a an elegant "old style" hotel from the 1920s, I enjoyed the Doubletree a bit more. (I liked both a lot). Larger room with a sofa, refrigerator, microwave. The restaurant was superb and very reasonably priced. Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. Bed, bedding, and pillows were nicer at the Doubletree. Both are within walking distance to the shopping area but 1/2 of the storefronts are vacant. There are three small food markets very nearby both hotels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Flaesb

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Doubletree by Hilton Milwaukee Downtown. I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience the difference between the Hilton and us. We are two toally different properties but both Hilton properties and what makes a stay is all about preference! Please come visit Milwaukee again soon and we will look forward to your visit. Sincerely, Kathryn