Hotel Metro
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotwire.com
All reviewslondon cabcurved wallhot tub and saunacd playerart decodowntown milwaukeesitting arearooftop barmini barboutique hotelvalet parkingroom servicethe hotel's restaurantliving roomwedding nightroom was largemilwaukee art museum
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Metro is in a great spot in Milwaukee, and is something of a boutique, apparently. However, it is not worth a stay. The air conditioning in my room would not reduce the temperature below 76, even after a visit from hotel maintenance which pronounced the problem fixed. The blackout window curtain was off the rod. The rooms are very poorly lighted (I hate dark rooms). The front desk staff is poor. And the floor of the shower is so slick I can't understand why someone hasn't been injured. All in all, a very poor hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
April T, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear peter s,

Thank you for staying with us for your visit to Milwaukee! I am very sorry to hear about the service failures that you experienced during your stay. I have review this information with the appropriate associates so we can provide exceptional service in the future. If you would like to discuss your stay further you are welcome to contact me at the hotel and we can discuss offline.

Thank you again for taking the time to share feedback as it certainly helps us improve.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. After a lot of research we decided on this hotel. While the location was great, the room and building were very out dated. By looking at the pictures it looks "50 ' modern". But when we arrived. ... It was just very 50's. Not really romantic. The tub in our room was pretty gross and we told them at check in we were there for our anniversary and the only other people on our floor were girls in a bachelorette party that was up all night, slamming doors going room to room. .. which normally wouldn't be that big of deal but the walls are super thin. When we checked out they asked how our stay was. .. We said OK. ... but we didn't sleep. .. and that's all we were there to do.... but they just said sorry. I would never return here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon K

Dear Shannon K,

Thank you so much taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. You are welcome to contact me at the hotel so we can discuss further offline.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Although beautiful and centrally located, the service didn't seem worthy of the price. I may be confusing myself now with being in Asia... as $160 dollars a night doesn't deem worthy of the front desk being a bit lazy, lax and snippy. It was nice, good food for breakfast and a great little hotel bar, but not gush worthy.

Room Tip: Pick a higher level room if possible. Use the roof top terrace, nice and romantic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Am_in_hk,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not everything that you hoped. I have reviewed this information with our leadership team so we can offer the best possible service in the future.

Thank you for staying with us for your visit to Milwaukee!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while attending an event in the downtown area. Our check in was quick and efficient and we opted for the valet parking at $27 a night. A ramp adjacent to the hotel is also available for $27 a night. Valet was quick and we were quickly in our room on the third floor. No view to speak of, but the room was quite spacious and had two doors to the bathroom, which included a stand up shower and good sized soaking tub. The Aveda toiletries are always a plus with the wife. We read reviews and heard about noise but I heard no other guests and no outdoor sounds during our stay and we went to sleep quite early on Friday night.

We walked every where from the hotel as it is really in the center of downtown and just a short walk to Walkers Point.

We have stayed at 8 hotels in the Milwaukee downtown area and would not hesitate to stay here when we return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jbsunlvr

Dear jbsunlvr,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed your time in Milwaukee!

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a nice boutique-feel hotel in the downtown area with restaurants and bars in walking distance. Our king suite was huge - basically the size of a studio apartment, with a small hallway leading to a sofa area with a TV, and then the bedroom area is around the corner separated by a wall. There was a very well stocked (and pricey) mini bar that we didn't use, and a very comfy bathroom with a deep soaking tub and a spa type shower. The best part of the shower was that it had an adjustable height shower head, which was wonderful because so many hotels make tall guests crouch under a way too low shower. Everything had a very nice upscale feel - the room was clean, the bed was super comfortable, and so were the bathrobes. The downside of the hotel is that it was loud. We were on the 3rd floor, and heard plenty of street level noise, plus we could hear music vibrations either from the bar down the street or the hotel ballroom or restaurant. And if you're staying here for the "historic" feel, there really wasn't anything particularly historic about the hotel - it had a very 1980's feel, with a turquoise and salmon color scheme. The only art deco details I noticed were on the display cases and mailbox across from the elevators in the lobby. The rest was a very nice, but modern, hotel.

The one big question we had was about street parking, which the desk staff couldn't seem to answer. We didn't see any signs saying you can't park overnight on the street, and the meters said they don't start until 8AM Monday, so we found a space on the street just a couple of blocks away, and parked Saturday through Sunday night. Sunday night we parked in a lot at Broadway and Wells for $5, which was a lot cheaper than the $27 valet parking offered by the hotel. I'm sure they want to steer us toward valet parking, but it would have been nice if the desk staff could have given us the info about other parking options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
April T, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Shell9903,

Thank you very much for sharing your Hotel Metro experience with us on Trip Advisor! I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us! I sincerely apologize that the front desk agent was not able to answer your questions about parking.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to Milwaukee!

With hospitality,