“Beyond Expectations ”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Hotel rooms were huge! Very nice, clean and beds comfy.

The bell staff was on their game! It was a great experience overall.

It's an Art Deco theme, refreshing and different than the norm.

I would recommend valet parking, too much hassle to find parking on your own.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear JenRay1980,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and friendly! We do offer valet parking and our valet staff is also the bellman.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you during your next visit to Milwaukee!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed here for the night of 5-3-14. We made our reservation over the phone, directly to the hotel, for the best deal among the other searches we used. That said, upon arrival our SUV was wisked away to parking by a very outgoing and professional valet. (We used the service again to go out/return from diner and when checking out in the morning). At the desk there was a little room available, due to cleaning, (or not?) glitch, but it all was quickly sorted out. Desk staff was helpful, professional. Took our luggage up to our room and was immediately struck by the large size (550sf) of the room. Large windows allowed ample light to enter the room. The room layout was unusual for a well seasoned traveler, but it works out nicely. My wife stayed here when it first opened, about 7-8 years ago. It was my first stay here. She commented that it was starting to show some wear, compared to when it was new. To be expected, I suppose. The bathroom was very nice, same for the comfortable bed and up scale bedding. A air purifier was in the room. Not bothered by any allergies while there. 2 large screen TV's. Comfortable chairs and couch. We had breakfast room service on Sunday morning (5-4-14) and I must say it was about the fastest room service we ever had! Food was good and plenty of coffee provided. My only complaint would be that the rooftop zen area seemed off limits as it was rented out Saturday night and Sunday morning. Would have liked to gone up there and looked around but understand it was rented out to others. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: All we really cared about was the rate/night. And we got the best deal by calling the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnMountPleasantWis

Dear JohnMountPleasantWis,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! Feedback good or bad certainly helps us to improve. I am very happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful! I am sorry that Zen on 7 was closed during a private event. However, the fitness center, salt water hot tub, and sauna are always available to guests from 6am to midnight.

Thank you so much for staying with us and please visit us again on your next visit to Milwaukee!

With hospitality,

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This property was selected for us by a "local". It is an older property but they have done wonders with it regarding upgrades and renovations. It appears as they took what used to be two individual rooms and made them into one suite. Very comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful, however they did miss my wakeup call which was a little unsettling.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear fgcook,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I made a reservation with Hotel Metro for my wedding night. I received two confirming emails for two different nights, so I called back to make sure they had my reservation. They said someone had likely made an error so they sent me to emails. When it came to my wedding night, I called to confirm and let them know that my check in would be late. They said that they had my reservation and it was fine. I get to Hotel Metro and wait 10 minutes to get my room number. When I get to my room, it was not the room that I reserved. I try to call down to the front desk but the phone in the room did not work at all. We tried everything to get it to work. I called using my cell phone down to the front desk and asked why the Hotel would check me into a room that was different from my reservation. I was told that he did not know what kind of room I booked. I then just decided it was better to leave. Hotel Metro had no other rooms. it was clear they overbooked their facility to make as much money as they could and they wanted it to be my fault for their error. Totally unacceptable.

1  Thank LM142014
April T, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear LM142014,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I am truly sorry about the mishap that occurred on your special day. Please contact me at the hotel at 414.225.3254 so we can discuss and work out a resolution for you.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The valet was very helpful in parking our pick up truck that was overly full with antique furniture we bought on our way to town. The desk staff/concierge were very courteous. One remembered my dog's name and another got me real cream for my coffee in the moring to take back to my room. I liked our room which was a deluxe king I think...in any case it had the living area separated from the bedroom area. The noise outside at night forced us to close our window make sure you know which side your room faces. The location was very central and we walked to the Third Ward and the lake easily. I was told the non-refundable deposit for my dog was $25 over the phone but when I arrived the form stated $75. They honored the price quoted over the phone which was good because I would not have agreed to pay $75. That is half the price of our room. I love that they are dog friendly but the deposit should be refundable or much less. I don't think I can bring my dog back next time at that price!

Room Tip: Be careful of where your room windows face if you are concerned about night time noise.
1  Thank Nikki S

Dear Nikki S,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I was delighted to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

First time staying at the Metro. I have stayed in many Milwaukee hotels of greater notoriety , but The Metro surprised me. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very nice with a lot of room. The layout was very cool, and the room had two large flat screen TV's. Only thing that would make the room nicer is get rid of the honor bar and put in a small refrigerator. The lounge and restaurant area also very nice. Not the normal layout or decorating. Something a little different. We will be back.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe suite.
1  Thank Tom B

Dear Tom B,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hotel Metro is a vintage hotel that has been remodeled. The staff was outstanding, and everyone very friendly, specifically the bar manager (uber nice guy). The restaurant had a nice style and we had a few cocktails (no food). We got a room with the fireplace and hot tub. The room was nice, but the quality of the room was lacking. The bathroom light had a short in it, so sometimes it would work. There was a missing tile in the fireplace (no biggy, but it's the details). The hot tub had a crack in one of the faucet knobs (again..no biggy), and finally the shower control couldn't get to a temperature for use (this one really ticked me off). It was either too hot or freezing cold (I worked on it for about 10 minutes before giving up). I can definitely tell that the remodel that was done was rushed and quality was not the priority (at least in our room)

Now, if your the type of person who gets bothered by the little things, you should go somewhere else. For $200+ a night (after taxes and parking), I would expect a quality room that delivers. I don't feel like it did.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleekeraccount

Dear cleekeraccount,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am sorry to hear that your stay was not everything you hoped. Feedback good or bad certainly helps us to improve. As the new Rooms Division Manager I am committed to focusing on the small details in our guest rooms to make a great experience for all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!