“Bride Without a Room On Her Wedding Night”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bride Without a Room On Her Wedding Night”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I made a reservation with Hotel Metro for my wedding night. I received two confirming emails for two different nights, so I called back to make sure they had my reservation. They said someone had likely made an error so they sent me to emails. When it came to my wedding night, I called to confirm and let them know that my check in would be late. They said that they had my reservation and it was fine. I get to Hotel Metro and wait 10 minutes to get my room number. When I get to my room, it was not the room that I reserved. I try to call down to the front desk but the phone in the room did not work at all. We tried everything to get it to work. I called using my cell phone down to the front desk and asked why the Hotel would check me into a room that was different from my reservation. I was told that he did not know what kind of room I booked. I then just decided it was better to leave. Hotel Metro had no other rooms. it was clear they overbooked their facility to make as much money as they could and they wanted it to be my fault for their error. Totally unacceptable.

1 Thank LM142014
Dear LM142014,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I am truly sorry about the mishap that occurred on your special day. Please contact me at the hotel at 414.225.3254 so we can discuss and work out a resolution for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Oak Park
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The valet was very helpful in parking our pick up truck that was overly full with antique furniture we bought on our way to town. The desk staff/concierge were very courteous. One remembered my dog's name and another got me real cream for my coffee in the moring to take back to my room. I liked our room which was a deluxe king I think...in any case it had the living area separated from the bedroom area. The noise outside at night forced us to close our window make sure you know which side your room faces. The location was very central and we walked to the Third Ward and the lake easily. I was told the non-refundable deposit for my dog was $25 over the phone but when I arrived the form stated $75. They honored the price quoted over the phone which was good because I would not have agreed to pay $75. That is half the price of our room. I love that they are dog friendly but the deposit should be refundable or much less. I don't think I can bring my dog back next time at that price!

Room Tip: Be careful of where your room windows face if you are concerned about night time noise.
1 Thank Nikki S
Dear Nikki S,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I was delighted to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

De Pere, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 14, 2014

First time staying at the Metro. I have stayed in many Milwaukee hotels of greater notoriety , but The Metro surprised me. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very nice with a lot of room. The layout was very cool, and the room had two large flat screen TV's. Only thing that would make the room nicer is get rid of the honor bar and put in a small refrigerator. The lounge and restaurant area also very nice. Not the normal layout or decorating. Something a little different. We will be back.

Room Tip: We had the deluxe suite.
1 Thank Tom B
Dear Tom B,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

Green Bay WI
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Metro is a vintage hotel that has been remodeled. The staff was outstanding, and everyone very friendly, specifically the bar manager (uber nice guy). The restaurant had a nice style and we had a few cocktails (no food). We got a room with the fireplace and hot tub. The room was nice, but the quality of the room was lacking. The bathroom light had a short in it, so sometimes it would work. There was a missing tile in the fireplace (no biggy, but it's the details). The hot tub had a crack in one of the faucet knobs (again..no biggy), and finally the shower control couldn't get to a temperature for use (this one really ticked me off). It was either too hot or freezing cold (I worked on it for about 10 minutes before giving up). I can definitely tell that the remodel that was done was rushed and quality was not the priority (at least in our room)

Now, if your the type of person who gets bothered by the little things, you should go somewhere else. For $200+ a night (after taxes and parking), I would expect a quality room that delivers. I don't feel like it did.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cleekeraccount
Dear cleekeraccount,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am sorry to hear that your stay was not everything you hoped. Feedback good or bad certainly helps us to improve. As the new Rooms Division Manager I am committed to focusing on the small details in our guest rooms to make a great experience for all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This romantic hotel is fabulous. The staff is attentive without being intrusive. The food in the restaurant is delicious, and the menu has so many tempting options we are anxious to turn to this special hotel and marvelous restaurant!
Worth the drive from Chicago for a fun getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msfitz916
Cindy D, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Msfitz916,

We appreciate your comments and certainly thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I was delighted to hear that you found the staff to be delightful and the rooms and amenities to your liking. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro for your visit to Milwaukee! We hope to see you again when your travel brings you to our area!

Middleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Alrightly, I'm going to break this down into categories. For a little background by dad and I stayed at the metro for 3 nights for a father-daughter spring break trip. Shopping, food, that was pretty much our goal.

The Room: We had a king suite (plus a very comfortable roll-away bed for me!) which was very spacious with an enormous bathroom and a lovely view of a parking ramp. We weren't there to look out our window, so we didn't really care, but the walls were very thin, so we heard everything! Other guests, the construction 5 stories below, you name it. Had a nice closet with drawers for folded things as well. Everything was very clean, but we did notice a few dents in the walls, it just brought down quality a bit, not that it was any real problem. Overall, a lovely room. 8/20

The Staff: I have to say, we were very impressed! Everyone we interacted was polite, helpful, and very accommodating. There's a valet service, a front desk with people willing to give us a look at the beautiful ballroom, and even the waitstaff at the restaurant were awesome! It earns a 11/10 for that!

The Food: This has to be an area we were disappointed in. I am a vegetarian and I don't eat eggs, and there was one option on the menu I could eat. It was a plate of four sides. It consisted of really good garlic mashed potatoes, these to-die-for glazed carrots, broccoli, and asparagus. I had it twice. The first time my broccoli was under cooked and not flavored at all. The second time, I ordered it without the broccoli, but the asparagus was under cooked and greasy. Also, my dad doesn't drink, and I obviously being under aged don't either, and there were very limited options for us. Pretty much we could drink a diet coke or water.I'm going to give food a 6/10.

The location is very good, nicely situated near restaurants and a short walk from the third ward and the shops of grand avenue mall. 10/10

Room Tip: Definitely go for a higher room, and an inner room for sure to avoid street noise
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MaddyBrazas
Cindy D, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Hello MaddyBrazas, thank you for your detailed review! We are so pleased that you and your father enjoyed your stay with us overall, and appreciate that you picked Hotel Metro for your trip to Milwaukee. Your feedback is essential to our success, and will be taken to heart in each of the departments. Please, come visit us again; we can't wait for the summer and all the festivals and activities that make Milwaukee so great. Thank you again for taking the time to pass along your feedback, and I hope we have the chance to host you again soon!
Albany
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Traveled to Milwaukee on business. Hotel Metro located within a minute walking distance of conference center. So glad I chose to stay at Hotel Metro. What a pleasant experience; welcoming, friendly and accommodating staff, spacious room (5th floor) that was comfortable and clean. Bathroom nicely updated, amenities plenty. Hotel Metro has an upbeat atmosphere with an art deco vibe. Must return when not on business and weather is a bit warmer to enjoy the rooftop lounge and all the area has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank swarttav
Cindy D, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you Swarttav for taking the time to review the hotel, and for choosing Hotel Metro for your stay in Milwaukee! We're so glad that you had a great experience with us and on your trip to Milwaukee. Please, visit us again in the summer when Zen on seven is open to the public- great drinks and a better view, every Sunday and Monday starting June 1st!