“Needs serious updating”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Well, we tried it again, mistake, big mistake. I just don't get it, why would anyone stay here? The rooms are smelly, noisy and the staff is less than professional. Great location and wonderful lobby restuarant. Hopefully one day they will redo the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a wonderful romantic evening at The Hotel Metro. We loved the charm. Our room had a fireplace and an two person Jacuzzi as well as a separate shower. The room was huge. My only complaint is I hated the pillows and the curtains let a lot of light in a night. We thought the staff was very friendly and loved our ride in the London cab to our dinner reservations. We asked for a later check out and they were happy to accommodate us. We had sunday brunch and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for some romance and charm.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimpardoedemartino
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our 4-day stay at Hotel Metro couldn't have been better. I loved the Art Deco styling, the courteous staff and the central location. On Saturday my husband and I made the short walk east to the Milwaukee Art Museum perched right on Lake Michigan; enjoyed a current exhibition there; lingered over a wonderful seafood lunch another short walk away at Harbor House; shopped the unique boutiques and funky shops in the Third Ward warehouse district (got there by foot, of course), and attended the party with a live band in Hotel Metro's bar that evening. Special thanks to Marc, Latrelle and Ann(e) for making us feel so welcome.

We plan to return in the summer to enjoy the rooftop bar and spa.

One small suggestion: We would have appreciated a small microwave in the room with which to heat up our coffee.

Room Tip: Because we were staying for four nights, the reservationist was kind enough to book us a suite away...
1  Thank QueenOfComfort
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you Queenofcomfort for your review of Hotel Metro on Tripadvisor. You have named a few of our amazing Star employees and we have shared your comments with them!

Hotel Metro offers microwaves upon guest request - so please keep that in mind for your future stays with us.

Zen on seven our rooftop seating area and bar opens mid May through September on Monday nights to the public starting at 5:00pm, so we will see you there in 2014!!

We know you have many choices for hotel accommodations in downtown Milwaukee, so thank you again for choosing Hotel Metro for your recent stay and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The location is great. We were walking distance from many restaurants, bars, and shows.

The reception staff were adaquate. We came up to the desk to check in as one of the reception members had just taken a bite of food, which I found odd. After she was done chewing, there was no problem getting checked in. When we went to the desk to check out, there was no reception staff. The doorman came up before we could ring the bell for service. The doorman was fantastic and took our keys, notified the reception staff wherever they had been, and got us a cab.

The room was OK. We were in a large suite. It was re-modeled but seemed to have been done in a hurry based on the semi-sloppy paint job. There was also visable puffs of air freshener venting into the hallway, which was a bit overwhelming. Lastly, the suite was a good size, but there were panels cut between the bedroom and sitting area. So, if you want to have quiet to sleep while others are in the sitting area, that would be difficult.

1  Thank Feona123
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Feona123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Metro. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service to ensure that you and all of our guests is a pleasant one.

I have addressed your issues with our appropriate department leaders so that they can correct the issues and look into them to advice their team.

I hope to welcome you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if i can assist you in the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed October 17, 2013

When my usual hotel in Milwaukee was not available (The fabulous Ironhorse Hotel), we decided to try Hotel Metro.

This place is just ripe for a make over. The right investor could make this hotel into an unbelievably trendy & cool place.

The Good-
*Walking distance to restaurants
*I got lucky, and had a HUGE corner room.
*The building itself has great "bones". Lots of potential for a badly needed makeover.
*Staff was kooky , but very nice
*Towels, toiletries , mini bar- all good.

The Bad-
*The decor was a bit criminal. My room had original canvasses on the walls that had nothing to do with the overall decor of the room or hotel. As if someones family member wanted to showcase their work.
*My HUGE room had one TV set, in the bedroom. So there was this huge sitting area & dinning area, that was a bit wasted. Had bi breakfast in bed, rather than on the room's dine -in area, so I can hear the news as I got ready.
*There is a short flight of stairs between the check in area and the elevators. No one offered to help with our luggage, so it was a bit cumbersome.

The Ugly
*All the furniture was pretty worn out. The tables all had bad water stains (fixable with a warm iron & a towel, if you want to know), the couch was worn, The mismatched curtains were yellowed.
*The light in my bathroom (also in my colleagues room) was pretty non existent. Bathrooms need yo have enough light that you can put make up on, and so on. Need to fix this!
*Room service experience was sloppy. The cover for the food was all scratched up & stained. There wasn't enough silverware for my breakfast (spoon anyone?) and some of my food was burnt.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Soloisaida,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I have discussed your unpleasant experiences with our Room Service team and our maintenance team so that we have the opportunity to fix them and create a positive experience for future guests.

Hotel Metro is an Historic hotel, built in 1937 and then opened again as a hotel 15-years ago. Our interior designer commissioned a local artist to paint playful interpretations of well-known paintings done between the early 1920's and 1940's. This style also plays into the Art Moderne look and feel with cool colors and lines. (Far different from the amazing Iron Horse Hotel)

I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Metro and Milwaukee soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel is located close to restaurants and entertainment. Hotel needs updates. Room smell like carpet fresh. Just average hotel. Should not pay more than $100 per night. Good entertainment in hotel lounge. Staff is accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Jodi L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Metro.

I would like to invite you to "Like" our METRO Facebook page or sign up for our promotions and special offers on our website for future lounge entertainment information.

I have discussed your experience with the rooms smelling like carpet fresh with our Housekeeping Director - and she will review with our local vendor on Green cleaning products for future use and low volume smell.

We hope your future has plans that keep you overnight in Milwaukee and Hotel Metro is your hotel of choice.

Regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at hotel metro for our anniversary. Our suite and the hotel common areas were impeccable. Everything was spotless. They supplied Aveda products in the bathroom, which I prefer and was pleased to see. The suite was lovely and well appointed, with TVs in both the living area and bedroom. We didn't spend much time in the room because we were busy doing things in the city, but when we did it was comfortable. Last but not least, we ordered the brioche french toast for breakfast and it was delicious!

1  Thank mrssarahsterling
Kris_Willis, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you mrssarahsterling for writing a review on our Tripadvisor page! Happy Belated Anniversary to you and we are glad we were part of your celebration! Hotel Metro is an amazing boutique hotel in such a great location for the arts, music and sports entertainment and features METRO restaurant & lounge serving artfully crafted cuisine and cocktails. We look forward to having you stay in the near future, and thank you again for choosing Hotel Metro for your special occasion!
Kris Willis, General Manager