Hotel Metro
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$93
$117
Ambassador Hotel(Milwaukee)
$182
  • Room Service
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$159
The Pfister Hotel(Milwaukee)
$179
$167
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspa suitecurved wallhot tub and saunacd playerart decodowntown milwaukeesitting areamini barrooftop barboutique hotelvalet parkingliving roomhuge roomwedding nightflat screenmilwaukee art museumold building
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for a night with my mom and sister to celebrate a birthday. The people, from the valet to the manager, were so friendly and helpful! the lobby is very cool, and the room was fun and funky. The only problem was the pillows. They were all very tall and hard, and uncomfortable. We all slept horribly and consequently were zombies at the museum next day. I will return to this Hotel, but check the pillows before I turn in for the night.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your review Sebsss - I want to make sure to let you know right away to personally call us direct while making reservations for your next stay and to also let us know to "check your pillows" so you all have a great night's sleep. We have a couple different pillow options for you to request or try.
We are sorry to hear you all did not sleep well and we will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper on making sure we check all pillows, but also to have different styles on hand for our guests during their stay.
We look forward to having you back with us, and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband surprised me with a "babymoon" (I'm 8 months pregnant) overnight stay at the Metro hotel. I was dying to use a jacuzzi, so we stayed at the king spa room with a fireplace and a jacuzzi, it was very cold that day (February 19) so the fireplace was a great hit.

The hotel looks very nice, very art deco, but could use a fresh coat of paint in the halls and rooms, as well as some new carpet, but it was still very nice.

The bed was super comfortable, best sheets ever!!!

The jacuzzi, well I loved that, lol, the fireplace was great, the furniture in general was very nice. The room is completely stocked with drinks, super overpriced like any hotel though. We didn't use those, 1 because I'm pregnant and hubby doesn't drink that much, and 2 because you have a very nice bar downstairs open until 2am (The lounge) with better prices.

We had dinner that night at the Metro restaurant, I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the food, the staff was great, but the menu didn't have a lot of stuff and is expensive, compared to other restaurants in Milwaukee I was expecting more.

One thing that I didn't like is that the black book in the room, the one that explains all the services to the guests, specifically said that local calls are free, we called home a couple of times and were charged for those calls, we brought it to the front desk personnel attention and they removed it immediately, but I guess if I didn't look through our bill it would have passed, so you need to really check your bill.

Another thing is parking (valet) for overnight guests is $27, a bit too much I think, but when we got our car back it was wonderfully warm inside, I don't know how they did it but it was great. And the valet guy didn't stand around for a tip (we had to chase him to tip him, lol) that was nice, we always tip valet but hate it when they stay around like asking for it.

All in all we loved the place, I loved my husband's surprise, and will most definitely come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Alasica on you TripAdvisor comments. It is very important to us at Hotel Metro to make sure all of our guest(s) overnight stays and visits are great and we provide you with the best available service and amenities/product as possible.
Our valet overnight fee is $27, without any in-and-out charges. There are alternative choices in downtown Milwaukee such as street, a parking structure next door for $30, or one block in either direction a parking lot for $10. All of these options would be self - serve to you while visiting. (your car was in our basement parking area which is heated in the winter, and cooled in the summer month!)
We are also changing our METRO dining menus the second week of March to continue offering approximately 25 choices for all meal times, and then an additional menu weekly for dinner of Signature Dishes to keep the options changing for repeat guests. So stay tuned!
Our management team is in the process of updating our showers/painting of all rooms and public areas, and replacing carpet in our guest hallways and guest rooms; which is going to be just as spectacular as the rest of the hotel to it's true art deco style! Completion by summer on this as well.
So, reach out to us personally when making your next reservation so we can meet you and personally show you our new and updated amenities and features.
Thank you again, and see you soon while visiting the downtown Milwaukee area,

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this hotel, and stayed in a Pure Master Suite King with a Fireplace room. The staff and their care of our special date distinguished this hotel from other 5 star hotels in which we have stayed. Their attention to detail, and "can-do" attiude was refreshing, and unparalleled. We sipped a glass of wine and enjoyed friendly company at the happenin' curved bar, and then had a romantic dinner in the dining room seated together on the comfy leather couch. Happy hour lasted all night (Wednesday), and what a great deal that was! While we dined, the front desk manager asked us how things were going so far, wished us a happy anniversary, and inquired if we'd like a room upgrade as one had become available. Wow! The room was spectacular! Glowing fireplace, huge spa tub, comfy bed, nice artwork, great view of downtown Milwaukee, and a bottle of champagne on ice and two glasses greated our entry! They have a salt water spa on the 7th floor which we never saw, as we were ensconced in the moment. Every thing you could think of was right there at your fingertips. And if you would possibly need anything that wasn't there, you would be met by the staff's courteous and ubiquitous affirmative response; "Of Course!". This place has mastered the art of customer service. So, would we recommend Hotel Metro to others, and return ourselves? Of course!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Statwilly for your TripAdvisor review!
First, Happy Anniversary to you and yours, and for many, many more great years together!
We also thank you for writing about our Rock Star employees and how they made your night while you celebrated with us at Hotel Metro. We strive for excellent or outstanding service that you would only imagine when reserving a night(s) with us, and will make sure they all see your great comments so they know it does not go unrecognized.
We would like you to come back and take the time to visit our 7th floor Zen on Seven where the Salt Water Hot Tub/Sauna/outside sun deck and exercise room is located. The Salt Water Hot Tub will soak away any worry, fret or aches and you will be ready for another night in METRO for dinner and drinks!
Please contact one of our amazing team members, or myself, for your next reservation so that we can personally say thank you and fulfil any special requests you may have, because 'of course' we can do that just for you!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the king fireplace/spa room for our anniversary. While the hotel seems a bit worn, it was very clean and the ambiance was exactly what I was looking for when I booked the room. The front desk personnel are very professional and welcoming.

The location is convenient to many restaurants and would be great if you were attending a function in Cathedral Square (e.g., Bastille Days).

I also appreciate that the hotel has achieved "green" status and you would hardly notice the difference compared to another luxury hotel. We especially enjoyed the jacuzzi with a lovely view of the fireplace. Great for a romantic night without kids!

1  Thank Denise M
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you Denise M for your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay. You definetly had a great room for your adult getaway with the fireplace and jacuzzi tub! We are currently in the process of painting, changing out our showers glass and tile, guest room carpet and more! On your next visit to Milwaukee during the festival months, you will notice all the new and updated changes.
Our Green participation is very well thought out and executed with recycled glass, sensored thermostats and lighting, bamboo flooring and lighting - we are also focusing on the food side with distribution of left over food to food banks and starting an off site food compost!
Please contact one of our Super Star guest service representatives when making plans to come back to Milwaukee for one of many exciting events, so that we can get you reserved into a room that can accommodate 2 or even your family!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe king room for 3 nights this February (2013). I am really impressed! and definitely recommend anyone to try this hotel out. From check-in to check-out, room service everything was very professional. I'd recommend the Metro restaurant as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank iqra128
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your great review of Hotel Metro! Our team strives for excellent customer service, and with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know when we are doing great - it keeps us motivated and excited!
We look forward to having you stay with us again while traveling to Milwaukee. Please reach out to us personally to make your reservation or place any special requests you may need.
Hoping to see you soon,