“Amazing Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #41 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed October 26, 2012

All I can say is wow! The properties location, amenities and staff are fantastic. It is a small Art Deco hotel that truly offers high end service. The front desk is wonderful and can help give great advice about things to do in Milwaukee. I had a chance to use the hot tub and it has a great view of Milwaukee since the hot tub is located on the roof of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your review Purdue27!

The Hotel Metro team is extremly dedicated to great customer service and I will be sharing your comments with them so they can continue to strive for that great response from our future guests!

Our Art Deco style is just awesome and we are glad you took advantage of our salt water hot tub on the 7th floor overlooking Milwaukee.

We look forward to having you stay with us while traveling to the Milwaukee area.

Kris Willis

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I booked a dog-friendly room in Milwaukee for my birthday adventure ~ excited to see the city where Laverne and Shirley made their mark (I guess that gives away my age!) I must have mentioned when I booked the reservation that I was coming on my birthday. When I arrived each staff person slowed to wish me (ME!) a Happy Birthday, from the doorman to the front desk - it was almost funny how many people in a city I have never been to took the time to make my day brighter. As I was checking in the gracious gentleman asked what time they could drop a complimentary bottle of Champagne to my room. These touches will make me remember Hotel Metro always. The room was beautiful - and very large with an amazing soaking tub (remember, I am getting old!) and separate sleeping area. The staff we ever friendly. This is likely the best hotel experience I have ever had, and I am an avid traveler.

Room Tip: I chose the King Suite. Very large and comfortable. Fifth floor gives a great view! Don't miss t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
414Allison, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Welcome TwoChow! Happy Belated Birthday!! Hotel Metro has had many great comments, but yours is just so awesome to read! We have many Super Stars here on our team and I will be sure to share your comments with them as well since it is guest(s) like you that keep us striving to be the best and to "knock the socks" off our visitors and guests daily. We cannot wait to have you and your 4-legged furry friend stay with us again and Wow you even with it not being your Birthday! Hope we see you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

WE booked one of the PURE guest rooms they offer. Was amazed at the size of the room we got. Very pleased with it. Hotel does not have a swimming pool, but does have a hot tub, sauna and exercise room. I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: Spend the extra couple bucks and book one of the PURE rooms. Easily one of the biggest hotel rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you CrackedAces for your comments on TripAdvisor. Hotel Metro is a 63-suite boutique hotel and all of our suites average 500 square feet of space! Our PURE suite product is just awesome their statistics state your nights sleep is improved by 90%+ due to the "Fresh" air or oxygen in the suite. We have a total of 5 PURE rooms and we are looking to make the entire 6th floor a PURE floor area. Our salt water hot tub on the 7th floor is also a great compliment to the PURE suites, so if you soak in the salt water tub for 30-minutes prior to going to sleep - it would be truly amazing. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went for my husband's birthday. We got a 2 bedroom suite for 160 where the other surrounding hotels were just about that or more for a plain hotel room.

Pros
Very welcoming staff- Door to door service
Early check in and late check out no cost
Price
Not very crowded
Free eco friendly taxi that drives you anywhere in the downtown area
Free shuttle to casino
Valet parking( $25 for unlimited and overnight)
Zen bar on 7th floor where they have an indoor hot tub and a very nice outdoor sitting area
Staff knew where to go and was very educated about the town
Very roomy ( we had the 2 bedroom suite)
Flat screens in every room
Big bathroom

Cons
$25 parking( but was cheap compared to other hotels for valet)
Needs some updating
The Zen bar was not open( they did allow you to bring your own drinks)
Soap smells horrible, but it is eco friendly:)
I would definielty stay here again. We felt like we were in this hotel by ourselves with the service we recieved. The only reason I marked it down was because if you are looking for a hampton with everything updated then this may not be the place for you!

Room Tip: Get the suite well worth it:)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Jess9667 - on behalf of the entire team at Hotel Metro thank you for taking time to write your comments on TripAdvisor. I have contacted Aveda or bathroom amenity supplier to have samples of their awesome spa soap products so we can determine if there is a "better" smell out there that appeals to everyone. We hope to see you soon for your next stay in Milwaukee!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My stay at hotel metro was disappointing. I read great reviews and the pictures of the rooms looked great and was really looking forward to my stay. When I checked into the room, it just looked alot dingier than what I was expecting. There was severe water damage to the wall by the hot tub. The hot tub was also only big enough to fit one person. These are relatively minor issues. The major downfall of my stay was the bed! I had booked a king spa suite room 201 and it was the most horrible bed i have ever slept in. The mattress was so old and sagging, I rolled into the middle of the bed with my boyfriend. It was horrible! For $300/ night, I expect the bed to be perfect. I was so uncomfortable that at 3am, I requested a room switch. Though the bed was a full size, it was much more comfortable. The room still had dinginess issues and the windows in the bathroom were disgusting with paint peeling off the window sills all over the place (RM 200). When I woke up in the morning, I found that Hotel metro had credited me for the parking and hotel historic preservation fee ( a whopping $4.99) as way of saying sorry for my horrible bed. I really think they should have given me 50% off of the room because I had gotten 50% of a good night's sleep. I didn't haggle with the front desk since I needed to leave but the more I think about it, the more irritated I become with this hotel and will never stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you KB for your comments and suggestions on TripAdvisor. It is guest(s) like you that make a difference in what we do and what we want to accomplish as a leading downtown boutique hotel. We have addressed and checked the mattresses in each of the suites and contacted the company since they are extremely new to the property to find a resolution to this problem. Our soaking tubs are in each suite of our 63-suite hotel and are not hot tubs; we do have a few jacuzzi tubs that have the jets and we also have the salt water hot tub on our 7th floor overlooking the Milwaukee skyline. So my apologies if you were misinformed on our suites having hot tubs - this too has been discussed with appropriate departments. We would like for you to give us another chance while visiting Milwaukee to see and experience our service, amenities and have a better memory for years to come.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. The room was clean and the service was friendly. I slept very well, which I rarely do in hotel beds. The rooms were spacious and a great value. I will stay here again next time I come to Milwaukee.

• Stayed: October 2012

Welcome Mretzloff! Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. We are excited that you found us in downtown Milwaukee and that you sleep soundly in our 5 layers of Egyptian Cotton bedding! We look forward to having you stay with us while visiting the Milwaukee area in the very near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

You usually don't get rooms this large in nice hotels. I had a 2 bedroom, living room, bath accommodation that was lovely given that I was there for 3 nights. The hotel building is an art deco restoration that has been done very nicely. I wasn't crazy about the lighting, however. All lamps (no overheads) so, when you retire, you've got to go around the rooms turning off all the lamps. The bathroom light is on a timer so you have to keep hitting the reset every 15 mins. The fitness center, while small, was adequate. But the TV was in the far left corner, requiring users of the treadmill to keep their heads turned at 90 degree angle. Not practical for working out. And no sanitary wipes. The breakfast menu was pretty good but no soy milk or lite cream cheese available. Lunch menu was good. All in all, a very friendly place, knowledgeable staff. Downtown Milwaukee is pretty dead so it's nice to be able to walk to either the lake or river and get some good exercise outdoors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you MauiBear for your comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay. Hotel Metro is an art deco restoration of a office building that is celebrating 75 years this year! This would be part of the lighting hurrdles we may have within our suites and the high cement ceilings; but it is something we are now looking into! I also appreciate your comments regarding our METRO restaurant and the lack of lite cream cheese and no soy milk, this too have been discussed with our Food and Beverage team and rectified. We hope to have you as our guest in the very near future and you personally can see your comments with changes and enjoy the treadmill will looking directly at the TV!