“Hotel Metro -- OUTSTANDING HOTEL!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel Metro -- OUTSTANDING HOTEL!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I went for a three-day getaway to Milwaukee. This boutique hotel exceeded our expectations. The service was beyond compare, from the efficient and helpful front desk staff, to the polite and quick-to-respond valets (we drove our car* to the hotel).
We were always greeted by the staff, were asked if we needed any help, recommendations or directions they could provide, always in a friendly manner.
The location was so convenient to the restaurants, bars, and local attractions. The rooms were clean, VERY spacious, and the hotel definitely has an Art Deco vibe.
We would return to the Hotel Metro the next time we stay in Milwaukee. The hotel is a bit pricey, but it is worth it if you are looking for individualized attention.
* If you drive/rent a car, be aware that all hotels in downtown Milwaukee charge for parking on premises.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pat D
HotelMetroMilwaukee, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for the kind words Pat! If you "like" us on Facebook or sign up for our mailing list on our website, you will be one of the first people to find out about any special packages, rates or events for your next visit! We look forward to having you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Really friendly front desk staff. Kevin Radmer went out of his way to take care of me and answer my questions. Nice big room with updated amenities. Location was perfect for my business travel located a few blocks down the road. I like the Art Deco stuff too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank wopinuk
HotelMetroMilwaukee, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you so much! We hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Due to chemical sensitivities, I'd all but given up hope for finding a place to stay for a Milwaukee wedding. As a last-ditch effort, I contacted a "green" working group at the University of Wisconsin, and they directed me to Hotel Metro.

The staff were friendly, already knew what chemical sensitivities were, immediately agreed to only use fragrance-free detergent, not use toxic (to me) cleaning agents, and put an air purifier in the room. The room, itself, was great--I guess I would call it avante garde art deco.

I didn't stay in one of the Pure rooms because I was afraid the the anti-allergen agents would be chemical-based, but I got the impression that they would have been fine.

In terms of issues: The first night was issue-free. The second night, we turned up the thermostat and both of us got stuffy and headache-y until we figured out the cause and turned it back down again. Also, I kept meaning to ask for pillows that weren't so super-high, but forgot (and just went without...my partner used them and got a neck ache). So, you might check out the pillows before you go to sleep.

As super-bonuses, they have a beautiful salt-water (no chlorine!) hot tub and a very relaxing bar/lounge.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank VisitorFromDC_2011
HotelMetroMilwaukee, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
VisitorFromDC:

Thank you for the kind words! We strive to exceed guest expectations and we loving hearing feedback like yours. We do have other pillow options, so please ask for these on your next visit. Here is more information on the Pure process, I encourage you to check out the website for future reference. http://www.pureroom.com We hope to see you soon!
Menasha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

8 Dollar cab ride to The Rave (Eagles ballroom) and a Buffalo Wild Wings right down the street. The room was very generous for the price and the salt water hottub on the roof was simply amazing. The staff was courteous and the check-in and check-out took about 1 minute combined. Staying at this hotel in a couple weeks, It's going to be my preferred hotel when visiting the Milwaukee area from now on.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
HotelMetroMilwaukee, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank You for the great review Eric! We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Wow! Walk inside this hotel and be taken back to an Art Deco era. The staff at this hotel is the finest. The cleanliness everywhere in this hotel is pristine. The rooms were amazing. Loved the style of the separate bedroom and the bathroom was enormous. I can't say enough about this hotel. Everything was superb. Can't wait to come back to Milwaukee just to stay again.

Room Tip: King Deluxe are large and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank doves86
HotelMetroMilwaukee, Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
On behalf of the Hotel Metro staff, thank you for the kind words! We hope to see you soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My fiance and I booked the Hotel Metro for our wedding rehearsal dinner on Zen at Seven and stayed the weeked as did many of our out of town guests. The service, food, accomodations were absolutely beyond our expectations. First, the rooms were so spacious and relaxing and our guests all commented on how much they loved their rooms. I loved that the hotel felt comfortable and relaxed and not pretentious - it's not a large chain and that makes all the difference in the world. Second, the banquet and catering manager Jon, went out of his way to make sure that everything from check in and our evening was nothing but perfect. The excellend food and professional yet friendly service made our special weekend fantastic.

Room Tip: One with a spa tub - all the Aveda Products are wonderful for a sea salt bubble bath! So relaxing!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the compliment CzechMate2010! We hope to see you soon!
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hotel Metro while on business this past week. The location was great, hotel was clean and the staff was extremely attentive/helpful. The new PURE room I stayed in was exactly what I needed. I'm an allergy sufferer and enjoy staying in PURE rooms whenever I can. It's seems to be the only time I get a solid night's rest while traveling.

Thanks so much to Hotel Metro for being so great and providing these rooms to your guests!

Daniel

Room Tip: For all those travelers out there, their new PURE rooms will definitely provide a great night's...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business