Hotel Metro
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$109
All reviewslondon cabcurved wallhot tub and saunacd playerart decodowntown milwaukeesitting arearooftop barmini barboutique hotelvalet parkingroom servicethe hotel's restaurantliving roomwedding nightroom was largemilwaukee art museum
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Stayed at the Metro for 3 nights in mid April. The hotel was very nice, the staff helpful, food was pretty good and the little bar off the lobby was hopping. Overall, not much too say good or bad. Everything was just as it should have been. Nothing blew my socks off but also have no complaints whatsoever. Doubt I will ever be back in the area but have no qualms about staying there again. Now that I think about it it may have beem a bit pricey. Oh our bathroom was very nice!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marblehead12
Reviewed June 24, 2007

This hotel needs to be rebuilt with thicker and stronger walls! Our bed shook at 3am from the couple next door having sex! The wall actually moved if you simply pressed on it!!!! It was a horrible experience and the hotel staff did nothing to rectify it other than tell us the couple next door was checking out! We could also hear every time someone walked by our room. This is not a luxurious hotel! It is a quirky hotel with bad room layouts, shoddy construction, and a terrible front desk staff. We stayed in a "spa suite". There is only one sink and the bath and sink are in plain view of the bed! The valet was good and my wife thought the bbq pork sandwich at their cafe was good. Stay at the Pfister or Intercontinental for the same price.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hannaf355
Reviewed February 16, 2007

I read the reviews before I stayed here ; didnt' know what to expect. I got into Milwaukee at 8 AM and called the hotel during my $26 - 15 minute cab ride from the airport. They were ready to check me in on arrival. When I checked in there was a woman (who had changed rooms 3 times!) complaining about everything - noise, hot water, her phone, her TV remote, the heat in her room. They knocked $50 off the price. Then she said,"and you don't even give points." "Hey lady,it's a historic, unique hotel in the middle of the city. Sheesh." Art Deco sytle, two TV's - including a large one in the living room. Huge room with several chairs, lounges, desls,couches. Very comfy bed. Bathroom had a huge tub, shower stall and Aveda products. Free wired internet. Rooftop fitness center had a hot tub ( clean, hot and big) and smal fitness center with one treadmill, one bike, one cross trainer and some free weights,. Hotel restaurant is very good -and many choices ( try Zarletti's for Italian) within 3 blocks. Clean, unique and fun.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Royzee
Reviewed February 8, 2007

I couldn't disagree more with the last post. The Hotel Metro is far and away the best hotel in Milwaukee. The service is excellent and the decor is amazing. I travel frequently for business and while I stay at the Metro mainly on trips for pleasure, I can say definitively that the Metro is one of the cleanest must well kept hotels that I have stayed in. To fully appreciate the Metro I guess you would need to enjoy something other than the sterile cookie cutter look and feel of most large hotel chains. Clearly the last reviewer didn't visit the rooftop of the Metro, simply amazing! Recommend highly.

Also, I never have had issues with any noises/smells in any of the rooms I have stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GLSailor
Reviewed January 16, 2007

We were ver y disappointed in our stay at the Hotel Metro. They told us they had a "two night stay minimum" so we were forced to spend two nights there. The room decor was awful (a partial wall separated the living room from the bedroom). The first night, we couldn't sleep because our room was directly above the bar. We could hear laughter, talking and music all night long. We also could smell cigarette smoke coming in from the vents. The second night we requested a different room. They moved us to a room that was on a different floor, so we assumed it would be better. WRONG. ALL NIGHT LONG we could hear the pipes clanging from inside the walls! The next morning we told the manager this and she said, "Old hotels sometimes have problems with the pipes." We told her that we were really disappointed in the hotel. So, she took $50.00 off our price. Big deal. The only good thing about the place was..........the nice lunch we had in the restaurant. Next time we will stay at the Wyndham. Much nicer hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank CrazyCarolyn