“Great Place to Stay for Summerfest” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #32 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wauseon, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay for Summerfest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

I always like to stay at Hampton's because of their cleanliness and sleep quality. This hotel was no exception! It made our trip to Summerfest a fun and uneventful (meaning: no problem) trip! The staff was very helpul, letting us know about the many options for transportation to Summerfest (free shuttles - within walking distance - and public transportation - across the street). They also offered suggestions for eating in the area (I'd recommend Mo's and The Safehouse). Overall, this was a wonderful place to stay if you want to enjoy the great food and music of Summerfest!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

This Hampton Inn seemed to be a makeover of some much older hotel.
Our room was very small, and although we were charged for a queen-size bed/room, it was very obviously a double bed. They insisted it was a queen bed when we complained at the front desk. The climate in our room was hard to keep moderate (it got cold, then very hot, dry and noisy from the fan). That combined with the tight quarters in the bed meant that neither of us slept well at all and we were glad to return home the next day! Maybe if you paid extra for a king bed you'd at least get a queen-size one.
We were in town for a company holiday party at the Harley Davidson museum (a great place!), and I'd probably recommend one of the newer motels west of downtown, near the HD museum unless you really need to be right downtown. The hotel was clean, the complimentary breakfast was great, and the staff were very nice, but we wouldn't stay there again as it wasn't good value for the $$.
Hampton Inns typically have very small, white-tiled pools and this was no exception. Also, be warned that you will be charged $14 for using the parking ramp that abuts this hotel, and downtown Milwaukee doesn't have any other parking options nearby that are very safe or less expensive.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
philadelphia, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I just got back from a weekend in Milwaukee. We picked the Hamptom Inn because of cost and location. We were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast was free and a nice way to start the day. The hotel is located within walking distance to many of the sites of Milwaukee and next to Mo's Irish Pub. The pub not only was a fun place to get a drink but they also had a free shuttle to Miller Park (which was extremely convenient and a fun way to travel). I would also recommend the Pabst Mansion tour during a stay in Milwaukee. Our tour guide was very impressive and knowledgeable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fairmountpa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

A very nice hotel that is close to downtown and Marquette University. Close to the Fifth Ave. Mall. But the Mall closes at 6pm. Pool area was small and the hot tube was way too hot. The beds were very tiny doubles, more like a supersized twin. Breakfast was great and free.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

I picked the Hampton Inn for a business trip to Milwaukee because I had a good experience there during a first stay last year. When I first entered the room the noisy fan was the first thing I noticed (well, it would have been hard NOT to notice the fan!). The damn noisy thing kept me out of my sleep and I never could really relax in the room because of the noise. When I asked the reception if it could be switched off, it was not possible. Two colleagues traveling with me moved out of their rooms after one night and went to the Hyatt for the rest of the week because the fan noise drove them nuts. If they could sort out the noise issue I would chose this Hampton again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hampton176, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
VickyBelguim,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from yoour stay. I do apolgize for the mechanical issue and that it was not addressed in a timely matter. I do hope that you may give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Milwaukee. Please feel free to contact me and I will personaly make your reservation.

Regards,

Dan

Travelers are raving about these Milwaukee hotels

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. The bathroom was very nice, modern, and clean. The beds were comfortable.

My only complaint would be that there was only one small window in our room, which was very dim even with all the lights on.

I think booking through the hotel would greatly reduce my value rating, but as usual I used Priceline's bid your own price option (you can pick the star rating and general area you're bidding on) and got a reasonable price of 80 or so bucks that I split with my traveling companion.

I don't remember the exact price of parking, but I remember thinking it was expensive.

There's a fun Irish Pub down around the corner with a good atmosphere and live music, as well.

Overall, a very positive stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Metro DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

The first night at the Hampton I realized that the heat didn't work and the carpet was soaked. The next morning, the staff were incredibly apologetic and handled the matter very professionally and even offered to move my bags for me to another room. It's not common to have such responsive staff these days.

My king room was a bit on the small side, but adequate, with a very comfortable bed and linens. WiFi was free with a strong signal. The free breakfast offered several options, including a wafflemaker. You can buy snacks and drinks from an alcove near the front desk. Parking is $12/night and I had no problem finding a space.

Location is perfect if you have business downtown. At $116/night during the week, it's a good value.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business