Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
$139
  • Pool
$99
Hotels.com
Hyatt Regency Milwaukee(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
$134
$178
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
$189
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking garagemo's irish pubriverside theaterself parkthe river walkfree breakfastwithin walking distancebradley centerhot breakfastthe breakfast areapool and hot tubmilwaukee downtownper daymiller parkfitness centerpublic marketyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is central to everything downtown Milwaukee has to offer. The front desk is very polite. My room was large, and the bed was very comfy. The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory, everything was fresh and the selection was vast. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear David C

Thank you for the great review we really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and hotel. Our location is fantastic as you know as it is centrally located to all that downtown Milwaukee has to offer. My team and I pride ourselves in being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel. Our team works hard daily so our guests have a great experience while they are in Milwaukee. Hampton has comfy beds and we have heard that on more than one occasion, I personally love sleeping in a Hampton bed. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope we will see you again soon in our great city.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Dave and Phil were great and were the reason we had such a great stay. My teenage boys even thought they were great and helped direct us to places where we would enjoy ourselfs Thanks so much guys from Canada.

Room Tip: buses loud on street side recommed a room not facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Sandra H

Thank you for the great feedback we appreciate it. Both Dave and Phil are thrilled when they get great feedback from our guests. Our team is made up of caring individuals who want our guests to have a great time in our hotel and city. Our front desk team is always making recommendation on where to eat, shop or things to experience while visiting our city. My team and I pride ourselves in being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel and I glad we met those expectations for you. Milwaukee is a great city and I am glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel and our city. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Friendly Staff. Great Location. Will be staying here any time I come to the Milwaukee area. Got locked out of the room, staff quickly got me back in. Accidentally left some items in the room and the quickly mailed them out to me. Front desk staff always had good recommendations for restaurants and if you needed something they couldn't provide they knew exactly where to tell you to go.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Debra W

Thank you for the great feedback we appreciate it. My team is thrilled when they get great feedback from our guests. My team and I pride ourselves in being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel and I glad we met those expectations for you. Milwaukee is a great city and I am glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel and our city. We strive for a quick response when a guest does have a problem and I am happy my team did not disappoint. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Milwaukee.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night after being at Oshkosh for a number of nights with the family..

Having stayed here a while back, I was familiar with the area and wanted to have a relaxing day..

We were given an upgrade to a suite on the 4th floor (Room 420)

Room had 2 queen beds and a seperate pull out bed in the other room..

Hotel is only one block from the Milwaukee Riverwalk, with an awesome restaurant Rock Bottom Brewery (which had great food)

Staff and service at the hotel were great, and the breakfast was just what I was looking for that Monday morning..

Check-in was a breeze and the indoor pool was great, even the 27 beachballs that were in the pool (which was a + for my kids)

Will definately return when in Milwaukee again...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear caneshockey31

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us about your stay at our hotel. I am glad you had a great experience with my team and hotel. We pride ourselves on being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel and I am thrilled my team met those expectations. Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority for my team each and everyday. The Rock Bottom has great food and great atmosphere so I am glad you enjoyed that experience. Our location is fantastic and you can get around very easily in the city. Our breakfast offers a variety of items our guests can choose from so I am happy you found what you were looking for. We strive for a great family experience and having the beach balls in the pool area allows the kids to enjoy and have fun tossing them around the area. I hope we see you again soon and you will choose us again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I really like to research hotel rooms; our 3 day stay in Milwaukee was no exception. I read all of the reviews, studied the photographs and made my decision. Ultimately we got exactly what we thought we were getting - with one small exception - the exercise room is now on the 2nd floor.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom king suite. It was just my husband and I on a trip to see the Washington Nationals at Miller Park. This room is kind of small even though it is a suite. Th living room is really small, but the pictures are very accurate. I expected it to be small. It barely fits the 2 arm chairs across but it is adequate. It is nice to have a microwave and fridge. It is also nice to have the two TVs if one person sleeps earlier or later in the mornings. Decor is ok. The comforters in the bedrooms are very nice. The king bed was very comfortable. There is a large window ledge which was nice as it provided extra storage.
The bathroom was mostly good. There is a toilet and tub/showere behind a door while two sinks and a large vanity area are outside, part of the hallway between the bedroom and the kitchen. A nice feature is the night light in the bathroom for those late night trips to the washroom.
Our phone didn't work the whole time and I kept forgetting to ask about it.
The free wifi was great. Worked well. Cell service is difficult in the hotel but I was told by many that it is difficult all over Milwaukee.
The workout room is no longer by the pool. It is on the second floor. It includes 3 nice treadmills each with their own TV but the TV channels did not all work. There were also some weights. I was disappointed in the weight room. I would have liked more machines. The room is certainly big enough. Our room was on the second floor, not far from the workout room and just around the corner from the business center. The low story did not bother me at all. The location was very quite as it was far from the elevator and there were only 2 other rooms next to us. I didn't hear anything from any other room.
The business center was great for printing out our ball game tickets however when I went to print our boarding passes it didn't work and appeared not to be working for quite some time as there were error messages on it. I ended up having to get the front desk to print them out.
Breakfast is just as others have described. If you have had Hampton breakfasts elsewhere they are nothing if not consistent. So again, no surprises.
Of course as others have said, no bar or restaurant in the hotel if that is important to you go to the Hilton down the street where you will get a more "full service" hotel.
If I could sum up my stay in a few words I guess I would say that it was exactly what I expected -no more, no less. There was oohing that was really great but nothing that was really bad. I wasn't wowed but I guess I don't need to be.
Bill was one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable front desk clerks but they were all good. Bill was a multi tasker and took pride on his job. Also gave us some great ideas of what to do with a few extra hours. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Edward K, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear xxhermxx

Thank you so much for staying with us and visiting our great city. I hope you enjoyed Miller Park and watching the Nationals play our Brewers. My team and I pride ourselves on being Milwaukee's friendliest hotel and I am glad my team and especially Bill took great care of you. Our goal is a 100% Satisfaction for each and every guest. The one thing you get with the Hampton brand is consistency from hotels across the country. We are always looking for ways to make our hotel better and the feedback you gave helps us. Our fitness facility normally has more equipment but with anything sometime things need repair so I do apologize those were getting repaired during your stay. You will be happy the facility is a 100% again. I am glad you got what you expected during your stay, we want to insure we show our hotel the way it should be. Thanks again for staying with us and the feedback you gave my team will be happy. We hope you will make another trip into our great city soon.