“Excellent Review”

Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
Ranked #27 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We love Hampton Inn. We have been staying at Hampton Inn since we got married and will continue. The cleanliness, service, and breakfast are fantastic. We know we will always have a great stay. Thank you Hampton Inn keep up the good work.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
GMEric, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank YOU for making stays at Hampton Inn a tradition in your family! We'll always try to make sure you are comfortable and well cared for. I truly believe my team in Milwaukee is among the friendliest you'll find. Friendly and clean - sounds like a great stay to me!

Thanks for your comments - we're ready for your next Anniversary getaway - just say the word!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel two nights using points. Upon checking in we were upgraded to a suite. We were doing a mini vacationing milwaukee. We were able to walk to the children's museum, which the kids loved! There are lots of restaurants to walk to close to the hotel. The hotel staff was very nice and attentive especially the breakfast staff. My kids loved the pool cause they had some toys in it. I definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

So glad you enjoyed Milwaukee! Not everyone realizes the vast variety of activities for all ages that is available within walking distance of our downtown hotel. The Betty Brinn Museum children's museum is one of our favorites too! Thanks for your comments on our breakfast and pool too - we're always looking for ways to enhance your stay and appreciate knowing when we hit the mark.

Hope you'll come back again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Like all the Hampton Inns I've stayed in-you can't beat the beds which are so comfortable that even a poor sleeper won't have problems drifting off. The bath was nice size, not overly large but not tiny either but the wallpaper was tattered which detracts from the overall impression of a good hotel. Also scoffed woodwork, no functioning air-conditioning control, and a lot of noise from Wisconsin Avenue. However, the best features are the view of Wisconsin Avenue, its location to the many downtown attractions, and everything in the hotel was super clean. The breakfast which was included was quite nice with dishes refilled frequently. The reasonable price compared to many of the downtown hotels makes the Hampton a good value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review of our hotel! I'm glad to hear you slept well on Hampton's beds - a great night's sleep is what it's all about! We're proud of our building and its great location right in the heart of downtown. It sounds like you had the chance to get out an enjoy beautiful Milwaukee - or at least the great view from your room. Thanks for your comments on the worn woodwork and air conditioning controls. Comments from our guests help narrow our focus so I appreciate the time you took to provide them!

We hope we'll have the pleasure of your return visit to our Hampton Inn again soon - there's nothing like a summer in Milwaukee and we'd be happy to point out great options to help you get the most of your trip! Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night as we live in IL and she had a doctors appointment at the Chiari Center.

What a wonderful experience we had!! We had to wait a few minutes for our room (we were about 15 minutes before check in) the gentleman at the front desk checked us in and we just wait for 10 minutes until our room was ready - not a big deal to us at all.

Our room was wonderful.....spacious (with a living room area, bathroom, and bedroom), beds were comfortable and the staff were all very friendly.

We did not have time to sit down and eat breakfast since we had to be at the hospital at 6:45 am but upon checking out, the front desk clerk informed us of their breakfast to go (which included an apple, cereal bar, a muffin & a bottle of water).

It is close to the art museum, a mall (limited shops in the mall) and lots of restaurants. Plus the drive to the hospital was super easy - which I appreciated!!

I highly recommend this hotel and if we come back to Milwaukee I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The parking was in construction and my car had dust all over. I was charge for one full day even when I over stay one hour and even when I was never told that I had to exit the parking lot before the check out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that the city operated garage is currently undergoing. As you could tell, the City of Milwaukee is almost complete with their renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

After trying four different hotels in downtown Milwaukee, we will never stay anywhere but the Hampton. Rooms are very clean and comfortable, staff is friendly, efficient and responsive, breakfast has many choices, and coffee and ice water always available in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the review Joyce! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Our team thrives on providing Milwaukee's friendliest service and we're glad you felt it.

Hope to see you back in Milwaukee soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel bent over backwards to make our stay the best that it could be. The only bad thing that I have to say is that on Wednesday morning (the day before we left) they closed the pool & hot tub to do some updating. Since my meetings were over I could have enjoyed these amenities more than I was able to when we first arrived. However, that doesn't take away from how great this place is. We may be back in 2018 and if so I will book here again.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the front of the hotel and used the glass window elevator. Got a view as we we...