Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsparking garagemo's irish pubriverside theaterself parkthe river walkfree breakfastwithin walking distancebradley centerhot breakfastthe breakfast areapool and hot tubmilwaukee downtownper daymiller parkfitness centerpublic marketyogurt
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We are becoming frequent visitors to Milwaukee and are working our way through the downtown hotels. This stay at the Hampton was on a Friday night. We have stayed at many Hamptons and find them to be very nice hotels for the money.

Here are the good points about this hotel:
Our room was very clean. I did not see a speck of anything anywhere. The bed was very comfortable. I like the fact that they wash the duvet covers between each occupant. It's nice to be able to sit on and set things on the beds, knowing they are clean. The breakfast area is adjacent to the lobby. This area looks like it has been recently renovated and is very attractive. The breakfast is really nice. There are several hot options, such as scrambled eggs, meats, and make your own waffles. Cereals, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, juice, and a nice coffee/tea set up. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Parking was $13.50/day, with in and out privileges.
And now for the negatives:
Our room was very odd. A smaller, interior room looking out onto the fire escape. It felt fairly claustrophobic. I'm very surprised that they created guest rooms in this location. It is really quite undesirable. There is no closet, but the room does have a wardrobe. It is nice that they provide a mini fridge, but it is just sitting on the floor by the chair, and looks out of place. Our room was starting to show some wear, with things like peeling wallpaper. You could see where they had previously "fixed" it with staples near the ceiling. I really don't think they should be charging full price for this room. Had it been sold as an "interior room with an obstructed view" at a reduced price- that would be fair.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our rooms to be clean and your bed comfortable, we are sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you were disappointed with condition you found your room to be in. We are updating our property on an ongoing basis and I do appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Also, please know we have added your preference of an exterior room to your profile for future stays.

We hope that next time you'll be in the Milwaukee area, you'll consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks like a 1980's casino with bazar gold glazed windows and a strange facade but inside what a nice renovation. The lobby is very spacious with plenty of tables for the free breakfast, ample space to work and even a selection of board games. The front desk staff was extremely personable and had typical Midwest hospitality. I realized that I ended up in one of the smaller rooms by referencing the emergency exit diagram on the back of the room door which gave an overview of the entire floor-plan for that floor, but my room was more than adequate for a two day business trip. The room was also quiet despite looking south onto the main street. I'd recommend this hotel and even suggest taking the stairs as the stairway is actually huge and has some very nice tile work that most guests are likely to miss. In addition there is also a great business center on the second floor with some public computers, a nice HP printer (much appreciated as I had to print out a contract) and a stock of Fedex envelopes.

Room Tip: Asking for two beds would likely result in a room with some additional square footage.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Courtney F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all of the renovations that we have done in the last year. Our lobby, fitness center, and business center have all been remodeled. I am also happy to hear that you appreciated the large stairways with all of the original tile work. We are so proud of our building that was built in the early 1900’s. Due to its original purpose as two office buildings and a bank, we have a very unique layout and a variety of room types. Thank you so much for your recommendation, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

there was wallpaper hanging down in the room and bath room the fire sprinkler had wires hanging out from the sprinkler and my whirlpool would not hold water or the jets would not stay on totally not with almost $400 dollars. very disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration to make sure we resolve the issues you mentioned in your review so that we may continue providing our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very clean hotel. We were upgraded to a suite, and everything was clean and extremely comfortable. The location is fabulous - near many fun restaurants, Delta Center, etc. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is centrally located downtown and within walking distance to restaurants. The lobby was recently renovated and is very nice. The breakfast area (unlike most Hampton Inn's) is HUGE....I think it doubles as their conference room area.

The hotel layout is very "choppy". After getting off the elevator, I think we went from hallway to hallway and after about 5 minutes of turning down different hallways we found the breakfast area.

The rooms are antiquated and small. It is definately an older hotel, but it is centrally located. I prefer staying in the suburbs of Milwaukee, then traveling to downtown versus staying at this hotel.

Also - parking was extra and the parking garage was under reconstruction during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business