“In need of some TLC”

Ranked #35 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Razorbackland
“In need of some TLC”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just stayed over for one night. But for the 16 hours or so we were there, the elevator worked about one hour of that time, luckily it was when we checked in. So we didn't have to carry our bags up. We did have to climb to the fourth floor the rest of the trip, as well as when we left. The continental breakfast was not bad, although, it did not get serviced as well as it could have. The fitness center was small although all equipment worked. There is contstruction going on somewhere maybe, but there was dirt everywhere, including the fitness center and all the hallways.
The room was pretty clean actually, which was a surprise, considering what the rest of the hotel was like. The woman behind the counter was very nice as well.
The huge group of people gathered around all the doors smoking was a constant inconvience, as the smoke flows into the hotel. I am pretty sure that I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mkequalitysuites, General Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We appreciate your feedback. As you had mention that this place needs TLC and that's exactly we are working on. We understand that renovations can be very unpleasant for guest at times but at the end all this is done to make sure we offer the best for our guest. We hope you understand and come and stay with us once we are completely done with renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a suite very nice and clean , big and spacious. It is also nice to have two televisions, a micowave, and refrigerator. The continental breakfast was good it had alot of things in it. The day we were going to the pool there was alot of kids and the pool was very dirty so we did not go in.
Overall nice,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carole D
Little Chute
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Overall good. Very clean, but the continental breakfast had no salt or pepper, and they closed the pool during open hours to add chemicals. That was a big disappointment as we were on a schedule. The rooms were very big and spacious. It is also nice to have two televisions, a micowave, and refrigerator.

Room Tip: Close to Summerfest and had a shuttle for a reasonably charge.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mkequalitysuites, Director of Sales at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review about your stay. Should you come back to Milwaukee again, we would love to have you back! I do apologize for the inconvenience you had for not being able to use pool. I assure you that it wouldn't happen again. i discussed with our pool maintenance personal, pool will NO LONGER shut during regular pool hours.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I did get a suite with a door to the bedroom but you could not close the door because it shut you off from the AC which was blowing at best only in the bedroom. The staff was generally unfriendly and not helpfull. Signs at the breakfast (which was good) said do not take food to the rooms.....most of us ignored the signs. During breakfast, one of the guests had their room visited by a robber. Workmen everywhere with no security.

Room Tip: Make sure you PULL your door closed behind you as they appear closed but are not secure unless you a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mkequalitysuites, General Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I am sorry to read that you had such an unpleasant experience. I would like to assure you that we do take guest concerns seriously and work our best to make sure we look into every little details. This year summer has been hotter then ever and therefore it was hard for AC's to keep up with 2 Bedroom suites.
I would like to take a moment to explain Do Not Carry Out Breakfast Policy is to assure that guest enjoy fresh and hot breakfast at the lobby area. Housekeeping had reported in the past that lot of the food goes wasted when guest bring food up to the room and not just that, food spills welcome bugs. We want to make sure that we do what we think is best for the guest. We expect guest to follow those guidelines but if their convenience is taking food up to their room, we don't strictly enforce the policy. At the end we value our guest and their satisfaction is our goal.
Paducah, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was well maintained, inside and out. Convienient handicapped parking was available to us. The large suite was clean and well appointed. The bed was VERY comfortable. The privacy door on the bedroom was a nice asset. Both TV's worked well and allowed for multilple users in a quiet environment. The breakfast offerings were varied and tasty, served in an efficient, pleasant manner. I do think that the greatest assest was the hotel staff. From the first welcome by the desk clerk to the efficiency of the housekeeping staff, we felt very special as a guest and not just as a customer...a big difference in my opinion. The rates were truly a great value for a quality facility. We will stay here on our next trip and have referred other family and friends to Quality Suites as well. Larry Furmann, Paducah, KY

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mkequalitysuites, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We love to hear that our friendly staff was able to accommodate you to your needs.. Thank you so much and we hope to have you back soon!
Largo, Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night while attending a Family & Friends Reunion. I thought I checked out the room BEFORE signing in but apparently, I missed the bathroom. The outside of the hotel was NASTY (unclean, unswept). But I walked through three floors of the hotel and found the hallways to be clean. The mattress was clean. The bathroom was awful. The tile was coming apart and it was nasty looking although clean. I probably would not stay there again based upon the nasty bathroom. The hot breakfast was EXCELLENT! The Business Center did not have a visible printer available to print.

1 Thank J T
Pontiac, IL
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I really didn't expect a suite for $69 a night with advance reservation but a suite is what we got. I had to decorate a cake in my room so the table was great. It took a lot of trips to bring everything in but they had a cart which helped. There were two rooms. I slept in the bedroom the first night and the living room sofa on the second night since my daughter was with me and I didn't want to disrupt her sleep. I was able to turn off the air conditioning since it got too cool and I was too tired to figure out how to turn it down without turning it off. Slept well for me. Didn't have a chance to eat breakfast since I had so much to do. I had plenty to eat at the baby shower. My only complaint was the bathroom floor could have used a sweeping & scrubbing.

Room Tip: Didn't eat at the restaurant or have room service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nairotci
We appreciate you letting us know that you enjoyed your stay and you had a wonderful time. Our remodeling for bathrooms has started as of last week, so when you come in next time you will be very happy to see how well we took care of our guest concerns about our bathroom renovations. Thank you so much and we hope to have you back soon!