“Great room for the price! Surpassed my expectations.”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Ranked #22 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed August 17, 2009

GREAT ROOM! Really lovely decor and nice layout w/ a half-wall separating the small living space w/ a large sofa & ottoman from the king-sized bed. A large HDTV on the wall could be swiveled for viewing from couch or from bed. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Bathroom was very clean and had good water pressure. Loved the super fluffy towels and the Portico White Ginger Extract toiletries (soap, shampoo & conditioner). The pool and fitness areas were nothing special, but they were clean and served our purpose. We found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. Not much of interest in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, but lots of fast food/casual dining nearby. It was a 10-15 minute drive to the Wisconsin State Fair, then maybe another 10-15 minutes to the lakefront/downtown from there. When we booked, we knew this hotel was a bit out of the way, so no surprises there. Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pennypc

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Stayed here in June, 2009 with my husband and 2 teenage sons. When we arrived to check in, they had given away our room and only had a smaller room that they could offer. One of my sons ended up sleeping on the floor! I was sent a survey by Hyatt, told them my concerns, was contacted via email by the hotel manager who stated he would send a certificate for a free nights stay as they refused to take off anything at check in. Well, it's August 15th and I'm STILL WAITING for my certificate. Really....???? Hyatt is a huge corporation and this is how they handle their customer service? i waiting for 6 weeks before writing a review as I didn't want to post anything negative, however now I feel I have to. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Overall this was a great hotel. Staff was friendly at check -in and room was ready when we arrived. The room was beautiful and huge with a separate area of the room with a full sized sectional couch and a desk. There was a very large HDTV in the room the swiveled so that you could watch it from the couch or from the bed. This room was probaly close to twice the size of the average basic hotel room at most chains. You could tell the hotel was geared towards business professionals. Most of the chanels on the TV were news chanels - not really much for movie chanels (some family friendly chanels) and there was no literature in the room on anything - not where to eat in the area or what time breakfast was - nothing. But, not that big of a deal though. The breakfast was nice and basic consisting of bagels, breads, fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. Very fresh and well stocked. Easy parking, easy on and off the express way. The only thing was it was a little distance from downtown. Easily 15 minutes by expressway with no traffic. We came in on a Friday afternoon and it took us almost an hour to get there from downtown during rush hour. If you don't mind the little drive I would highly recommend this hotel for the value and the beautiful rooms. (has a pool - didn't use it - looked nice)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

It took 1.5 hours to get correctly checked into this hotel. We arrived and the hotel clerk was trying to scan our credit card and continued this for about 10 mins. Finally we asked what was wrong and she said that the system was down that when an employee on the next shift arrived she would be able to help us but in the meantime she would get us keys and get us in the rooms. She then disappeared for 10 mins. Finally came back and gave us keys. (good thing nobody else was waiting to check in) We reserved one King and one double room. We were given 2 King rooms. We had 4 teenagers with us and the 2 king rooms would not work. We were then told to stay put and they would see what they could do. We were then moved to a different floor and told we were given an upgrade at no cost. No not really we were given what we reserved and paid for. Still no keys because their system was down. The entire staff was very laid back and did not show any urgency. The next morning my son ordered bacon and eggs. We waited 45 mins and finally asked where the order was and it was never made and they apoligized and didn't charge us for the meal. Newly renovated but the service needs improvements.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelerSunPrairieWI
Reviewed June 27, 2009

the people in the city of Wauwatosa in general were not at all friendly or helpful. The first female hotel employee was not very receptive or service-oriented when we checked in to the hotel. We asked if she could point us in the direction of a good major/nationwide chain type of restaurant. Here are her EXACT words: "Just drive back up the road for about four miles and you'll see all kinds of places to eat." Uh, not true! It was more like eight miles, and none of the restaurants can be seen from the road. I guess she was more interested in speaking to her friend on the phone. She never got off the phone the entire time while she checked us in to the place. Aside from that, the rooms and the hotel overall were great. The large flat screen TV and the continental breakfast were a big hit with my teenage son and my husband. The honeydew melon was spoiled, but they quickly replaced it with fresh pineapple when we brought it to there attention. The a la carte option for omelets and other such things for breakfast was handy and a plus for my hungry teen, but his order took a while to receive. So, as long as you aren't in a hurry, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2009

It's a shame that this hotel is not located closer to downtown.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank KeepinItSimple
Reviewed May 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place for one night. The hotel had just been reopened recently after being renovated by Hyatt. The rooms were very nice with the Hyatt bed and linens I just love. There was a very large HDTV and entertainment center in every room. The bathroom was nothing special, but again brand new.

The service for breakfast was excellent. Free continental breakfast that was satisfying.

For the price, this was a great place to stay. I would definitely stay at a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business