“Nice hotel”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was a little concerned about checking in for the hotel is off the beaten path and next to nothing really. The area seemed a little runned down too. But the hotel was very nice and the TV in the room was awesome and very nicely decorated. Staff was very nice and offered us suggestions on resturants. Breakfast was ok and it did not have a hot tub. The beds were comfy and the rooms were decorated modern.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Milwaukee West

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place July 22-25. Upon arriving, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room appeared clean and in order when we entered. Later I noticed a coffee stir stick laying in front of the mini fridge even though we hadn't used any. I left it there. The next day we left a generous tip for housekeeping and left for the day. When we came back our room had been straightened up but that stick was still on the floor. It stayed there through our entire visit. We had a king bed and it was very hard. We woke up stiff every morning. Our air conditioner was also very loud and rattled. We traveled 8 hours to Milwaukee and I don't think we'd stay here again if we returned. If it weren't for the friendly staff at the front desk I would have checked out after the first night.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place hotel on July 14th. Even though the hotel was quite busy we had excellent service by all who we dealt with from front desk to the ladies in food/drink/breakfast area. The only things we missed were a hot tub and maybe some meat with the breakfast. They did have egg/ham sandwiches but ham or bacon on the side would've been great.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here while celebrating an anniversary. It's a beautiful hotel: the interior is modern and warm-you feel welcome from the moment you enter. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The layout of the room has a bit of a suite feel, with a half-wall creating the feeling of a sleeping area and living room/office area. The mattress is very comfortable and the room has extra pillows and blankets stocked and ready should you need them. The tv is a large flat-screen that actually pivots between the living and sleeping areas for optimal viewing (a nice touch!). The desk area has a really impressive outlet that has connections for any kind of electronic media you might be bringing along. The room comes stocked with a hair dryer, fridge and coffeepot (that has surprisingly tasty coffee!). The amenities are just spectacular-just another reason why this place is so thoughtful.
The main floor has a very nice-sized "breakfast room" full of booths and tables, as well as lots of seating in their lobby area- I noticed lots of people congregated chatting or doing business on laptops. There is also their little cafe which serves food 24/7 (Something you just don't find too often!) as well as a little starbucks/bar space as well. The meeting rooms seemed well-appointed, and they had a nice workout room and pool space. There is no hot tub, but there are a bunch of small tables and a tv, so you could bring the kids to go swim and still relax.
We had upgraded to a romance package, and that allowed us to check in early/check out late, and came with 2 appetizers and a bottle of wine of our choice from their collection (they had about 6 different wines, all recognizable wineries).
Considering that the hotel is literally yards away from the interstate, I was impressed by how quiet the hotel was-and we even had a room facing the highway!. Sure, when a noisy motorcycle speeds by, we heard it-but it wasn't nearly as disruptive as you might expect.
This place was excellent-if all Hyatt Places are this nice, I think we've found a new hotel chain to frequent.

Room Tip: Since there is so much "going on" down on the first floor, you might want to pick a room o...
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've been staying for 5 days at the Hyatt Place Milwaukee West on W. Silver Springs Drive (off Hwy 145, north of Milwuakee), and I wish all hotel stays were like this. All of the staff has been friendly and helpful, and the amenities around here make it worth your while. The place has recently been updated, and is clean and well decorated. The beds/linens/towels were all comfortable and everything cleaned daily.

In addition to hot breakfast (which was better than the average hotel fare!), the hotel offers 24 hours a day Starbucks and a grab-and-go with muffins, pastries, sandwiches, salads, etc. We took advantage of the Starbucks before an early morning road trip, so we can confirm it is 24 hours per day!

The hotel has free wi-fi, and has media access panels in the room so that you can attach any device to your television (laptops, DVD players, game systems, etc.) with the right cables. We had a few nights that we just wanted to stay in - the seating area of the room was very comfortable, and we were able to plug in my laptop with an HDMI cable to the tv and watch blu-ray movies in our room.

There is nothing in the way of food or shopping within walking distance of the hotel, but everything you need can be found if you're willing to go a few miles. There are several large malls located within easy driving distance, if you go east down Silver Springs Dr., east over to Mayfair Rd. (and then south, where there is plenty of food/shops), or south a few exits on Hwy 145 to Capitol Dr. Not to mention you are only about 15 minutes (or less) from downtown Milwaukee.

Overall, this place was clean, comfortable, friendly, convenient, and we will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our room was very comfortable. We had 2 queen beds, their was a sofa and a nice desk area with a partition between the beds and desk area. The beds were very comfortable, the tv was big and flat and the bathroom was modern and up to date. We also had a mini fridge in our room which was nice. We had the free breakfast which was delicious. My only complaint was that we heard quite a bit of traffic noise, since the hotel sits right off the highway and a major road. It didn't bother my husband, but I'm a light sleeper so it kept me awake for awhile.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2012

When ever I end up in this area of Milwaukee, I have my folks book here...no questions asked. The staff is super friendly...I mean, seriously. It's almost odd. I keep waiting to see if they could all be that nice. Seems that they are. There is fast food about a 1 minute drive from the hotel and a mall, shopping centers, and nice restaurants within 10 minutes of the hotel. The breakfast and the whole set up are just plain nice. It's set up as if you are in your own super large kitchen...no paper plates and plastic utensils here. The fruit and juice are fresh and the offerings are a step up from the machine-made pancakes, dry biscuits, and liquid eggs you might find at other chains. And did I mention the ROOMS. Hyatt Place has always gotten this right, and it is why they are quickly becoming my favorite at this price level. Far and away one of the best set-ups I've experienced. Smart arrangement, clean, user friendly. Very pleasant hotel experience. You will not be disappointed. Oh yeah...great snacks and Starbucks available at the front desk for a charge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business