“Very Nice”

Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our room was very comfortable. We had 2 queen beds, their was a sofa and a nice desk area with a partition between the beds and desk area. The beds were very comfortable, the tv was big and flat and the bathroom was modern and up to date. We also had a mini fridge in our room which was nice. We had the free breakfast which was delicious. My only complaint was that we heard quite a bit of traffic noise, since the hotel sits right off the highway and a major road. It didn't bother my husband, but I'm a light sleeper so it kept me awake for awhile.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 22, 2012

When ever I end up in this area of Milwaukee, I have my folks book here...no questions asked. The staff is super friendly...I mean, seriously. It's almost odd. I keep waiting to see if they could all be that nice. Seems that they are. There is fast food about a 1 minute drive from the hotel and a mall, shopping centers, and nice restaurants within 10 minutes of the hotel. The breakfast and the whole set up are just plain nice. It's set up as if you are in your own super large kitchen...no paper plates and plastic utensils here. The fruit and juice are fresh and the offerings are a step up from the machine-made pancakes, dry biscuits, and liquid eggs you might find at other chains. And did I mention the ROOMS. Hyatt Place has always gotten this right, and it is why they are quickly becoming my favorite at this price level. Far and away one of the best set-ups I've experienced. Smart arrangement, clean, user friendly. Very pleasant hotel experience. You will not be disappointed. Oh yeah...great snacks and Starbucks available at the front desk for a charge.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Hyatt Place has become my preferred chain. 4 star quality at 3 star prices. This one was no exception. Rooms are large and well equipped for the same dollars you'd pay at the other chains a star below.

Came in very late after a Saturday night at the Milwaukee Mile, was greeted by friendly service at the desk and quickly checked in. Was in a secondary wing which didn't bother me because I walked past a block of rooms from a wedding party using the hallway to boogie. I really wish people wouldn't do that. But through the fire doors to the other wing I could no longer hear them and didn't give it a second thought.

Left early the next morning before the hot breakfast was available, so I called down a hot food order, walked down and picked it up a few minutes later to eat in my room.

I'd live in a Hyatt Place if I could.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crushr99
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I've always had good luck at this hotel. The rooms are always clean and quiet and the staff does a good job. Love the configuration of the rooms, the large TV's and the comfortable beds. Great place to stay for business trips.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank suebor
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Super friendly and helpful staff. I believe All rooms are suites. Loved the 42” LCD TV and oversized couch in the living room. Large bathroom, Quiet HVAC units. Superb value for the money. On-premise Starbucks. Daily continental breakfeast. Didn't get a chance to use the nice exercise room or pool.No onsite restaurant but you can order food 24/7 for room service or pickup at the front desk. They also serve some tasty pastries and sandwiches at the front desk as well as liquor and beer. I would definately stay here again. The only negative side is its located in an industrial area and there aren't any restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were attending 2 Milwaukee Brewer games so needed to stay overnight. We did not want to spend a huge amount of money so chose the Hyatt Place. Check in was extremely smooth. Desk person even asked if we had a floor preference. The rooms are large, very clean, and have decent beds. Bathroom was a good size with very good water pressure. TV was huge and great quality. Lots of room to spread out in a modified suite type space. Sectional sofa was great to read the Sunday paper and lounge on. Breakfast was included, and had a nice variety of choices, including one hot item which on this day was bisquits and gravy. We will definately stay here again, and be likely to choose Hyatt Place in other locations.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor so no noise from above.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank badgerbacker49
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed in Milwaukee for a friend's birthday party - the hotel and room had nice decor. The room was large. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was not near anything (seemed in the middle of nowhere). The breakfast selection was average - but happy was it was free. We would stay at the a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends