“Exceeded my Expectations”

Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Mosinee
“Exceeded my Expectations”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Super friendly and helpful staff. I believe All rooms are suites. Loved the 42” LCD TV and oversized couch in the living room. Large bathroom, Quiet HVAC units. Superb value for the money. On-premise Starbucks. Daily continental breakfeast. Didn't get a chance to use the nice exercise room or pool.No onsite restaurant but you can order food 24/7 for room service or pickup at the front desk. They also serve some tasty pastries and sandwiches at the front desk as well as liquor and beer. I would definately stay here again. The only negative side is its located in an industrial area and there aren't any restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Madison, WI
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were attending 2 Milwaukee Brewer games so needed to stay overnight. We did not want to spend a huge amount of money so chose the Hyatt Place. Check in was extremely smooth. Desk person even asked if we had a floor preference. The rooms are large, very clean, and have decent beds. Bathroom was a good size with very good water pressure. TV was huge and great quality. Lots of room to spread out in a modified suite type space. Sectional sofa was great to read the Sunday paper and lounge on. Breakfast was included, and had a nice variety of choices, including one hot item which on this day was bisquits and gravy. We will definately stay here again, and be likely to choose Hyatt Place in other locations.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor so no noise from above.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank badgerbacker49
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed in Milwaukee for a friend's birthday party - the hotel and room had nice decor. The room was large. The bed was comfortable. The hotel was not near anything (seemed in the middle of nowhere). The breakfast selection was average - but happy was it was free. We would stay at the a Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank apple422
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was the first time that I had stayed at a Hyatt Place hotel. I had stayed many times at a Hyatt Hotel that was more upper scale. However, this hotel was impressive. It had large rooms and nice decor, especially the sofa. Even the small pantry restraurant had good food. It was located very near the meetings that we were attending.

Room Tip: I had a king room with the sofa.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank jemikcmo
Oshkosh, WI
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We must have stayed at the same time as the previoius poster. We have stayed here before and had no issues. This time we were awakened by what must have been the same group that the previous poster mentioned at 4:00 am all the way until 5:30 am. They were gathered in the parking lot right outside our room. There was lots of arguing, tires squealing and I'm almost sure I heard a gunshot. There was a constant parade of people entering the hotel and I don't believe they were all hotel guests. We also complained to little avail. When I filled out an online survey, the only response I got back was I"m sorry that happened. We did not feel safe here at all. The hotel is in a decent part of Milwaukee and we love the look and feel of the hotel but if things don't improve, we won't be back. All the staff seemed to be more concerned about the happiness of the people constantly entering and exiting the hotel than the customers that were constantly calling down to complain about the noise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband, 6 year old son and I were staying at this hotel on July 8, 2011 because our son was being seen by a doctor at the nearby children's hospital. I would like to open with the hotel room was nice but all children tv channels (disney, nickelodeon) are pay per view. What's up with that? The morning we were leaving, we were rudely awakened at 5:00 am by a group of people (20-something year olds) in the parking lot arguing very loudly. I finally called the front desk and realized I was not the first one to complain....The desk person said "Christ!!, are they still out there?...How professional is that comment? The group dispersed finally an hour later. Then when we went to our car to come back home, someone had attempted to break into our car while parked in their lot. Needless to say this stay at this hotel is ending up being very expensive with my deductible being $500.00 for the damage. We will not stay at this hotel again. We definitely do not feel safe here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mistermarvelous
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I was surprised how large and open the king rooms are. Pleasant decor, colors and carpet and the large, very firm, sectional sofa was nice, albeit only comfortable enough when using the bed pillows. A semi-transparent partion between the bed and sofa gave the room the feel of a mini suite. The mini-fridge didn't have a seperate freezer compartment but would freeze my icepack after setting the themperature control to max. A very comfotable bed. The bathroom fan was LOUD and always on whenever the light was on. Windows can be opened for fresh air. Some traffic noise into my south facing room but not as bad as east facing rooms; a west side room would have been quieter. Noticable HVAC noise, but bearable on low speed. Plan to go elsewhere if you want more than a continental breakfast, although there were biscuits and gravy (which I don't eat). I think this is the best hotel in the area for the money and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business