“We also felt unsafe” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Oshkosh, WI
“We also felt unsafe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We must have stayed at the same time as the previoius poster. We have stayed here before and had no issues. This time we were awakened by what must have been the same group that the previous poster mentioned at 4:00 am all the way until 5:30 am. They were gathered in the parking lot right outside our room. There was lots of arguing, tires squealing and I'm almost sure I heard a gunshot. There was a constant parade of people entering the hotel and I don't believe they were all hotel guests. We also complained to little avail. When I filled out an online survey, the only response I got back was I"m sorry that happened. We did not feel safe here at all. The hotel is in a decent part of Milwaukee and we love the look and feel of the hotel but if things don't improve, we won't be back. All the staff seemed to be more concerned about the happiness of the people constantly entering and exiting the hotel than the customers that were constantly calling down to complain about the noise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chatham, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband, 6 year old son and I were staying at this hotel on July 8, 2011 because our son was being seen by a doctor at the nearby children's hospital. I would like to open with the hotel room was nice but all children tv channels (disney, nickelodeon) are pay per view. What's up with that? The morning we were leaving, we were rudely awakened at 5:00 am by a group of people (20-something year olds) in the parking lot arguing very loudly. I finally called the front desk and realized I was not the first one to complain....The desk person said "Christ!!, are they still out there?...How professional is that comment? The group dispersed finally an hour later. Then when we went to our car to come back home, someone had attempted to break into our car while parked in their lot. Needless to say this stay at this hotel is ending up being very expensive with my deductible being $500.00 for the damage. We will not stay at this hotel again. We definitely do not feel safe here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mistermarvelous
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I was surprised how large and open the king rooms are. Pleasant decor, colors and carpet and the large, very firm, sectional sofa was nice, albeit only comfortable enough when using the bed pillows. A semi-transparent partion between the bed and sofa gave the room the feel of a mini suite. The mini-fridge didn't have a seperate freezer compartment but would freeze my icepack after setting the themperature control to max. A very comfotable bed. The bathroom fan was LOUD and always on whenever the light was on. Windows can be opened for fresh air. Some traffic noise into my south facing room but not as bad as east facing rooms; a west side room would have been quieter. Noticable HVAC noise, but bearable on low speed. Plan to go elsewhere if you want more than a continental breakfast, although there were biscuits and gravy (which I don't eat). I think this is the best hotel in the area for the money and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 8514Dana
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is the 2nd time we have stayed in this hotel after flying in to Milwaukee. Check-in was quick and the service was pleasant. The room was clean and setup pretty nice with a lot of amenities. The cold breakfast was nice, but nothing that great. Internet seemed to work fine for the small amount I used it.

The main issue we had was with the air conditioning. We were on the 3rd floor and it was pretty humid outside. The room kept getting really hot, then the air would cycle on and it would get really cold, off and on all night. This made sleeping pretty tough with the variation in temperature. Maybe a lower floor would be better during the summer at this place.

The area the hotel is located in is not the nicest. No restaurants except fast food near by.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
St. Albans, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Initial greeting upon arrival was good but deteriorated, inconsistency in staff friendliness and cold breakfast was basic (even Hampton Inn served both hot and cold breakfast), but in house food was bad. We had a burger which is ok but the hot wings was so bad until we merely had one bite and felt sick and had to return it to the kitchen. Cleanliness was ok, depending upon who is on duty and due to communication breakdown, they cleaned the room at 3pm on two occasion during our fortnight stay. Shower wasn't powerful enough and funny smell of the toiletries provided. There are some sports team or not so civilize occupants who made loads of noise on their room or arguing in 2am. As software professional, we are not at all satisfy with the internet connection. After all, it's worth it if you stay more than 31days as the rate differs a lot but otherwise, it's missable.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

When the hotel is full the internet is pretty much dial-up speed. Tried both their wireless and wired connections and found no difference. Very, very slow. The front desks response was to blame it on the time of day. No, I've seen congested "common" data pipes before. This is an issue with their level of data service in the motel - since early AM or late PM is OK. They need to up their data service.

Other than that I agree with with the positive reviews here. Nice place. Over priced food for what you get, but what hotel isn't? I really could not rate value since my company has paid for all my stays here. I will say that if it was my money I would not stay here due to the location and the data service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Middleton WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Excellent place to stay for doing things on Milwaukee's far west side. Clean rooms. Very good comp breakfast. Nice staff. And the best shower. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family