“Aesthetically pleasing hotel, but unfriendly staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Aesthetically pleasing hotel, but unfriendly staff.”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel and rooms were aesthetically very nice, modern, clean, and smelled fantastic! Unfortunately, the staff was quite cold (with the exception of the very helpful and friendly young maintenance man that was working in the evening, and the GM).
When I called the hotel to confirm my reservations, they answered in a kind of cold unwelcoming way. I had called a few times (different shifts), and it was the same each time (and it wasn't them responding to just me, because before I ever spoke they answered this way). This concerned me a little, but I let it go. During my entire stay there, I never saw any of the front desk staff (on any shift) SMILE or be warm and welcoming. They were accommodating, but it was with gritted teeth. The exception was the GM who offered to comp us a rollaway because our room was dirty upon late evening arrival and the adjoining door wasn't initially working. (By the way, I'm NOT complaining about the dirty room or the adjoining door and wasn't upset by it. Things happen, and they had already accomodated us with adjoining rooms. They were on top of the situation. The maintenance gentleman that they sent to clean our room and fix our door did a very good job and was very helpful.)
I used my CHOICE POINTS for my entire stay and required an incidental c.c. I didn't have a c.c., but did have a debit card which they wanted to authorize for a ridiculously excessive amount ($240 +). (Eventually they authorized it for $135+ which was still a stress for us.) The claim was that they needed to authorize it for the amount of the full stay, but this was actually much higher than the actual stay cost (I know Corporate's rate). I totally understand needing an incidental c.c. AND being able to authorize it just in case damage is done to the room; but let's be reasonable. $50-$100 is reasonable and they are able to select a "NO POST" option that doesn't allow a guest to charge anything to their room (like movies). You would think when a guest is using points, the staff would give them a little extra consideration (like a warm friendly smile and demeanor). The staff needs to realize when a guest is using points, CORPORATE IS PAYING FOR THE ROOM. Coorporate is REWARDING this guest for being beneficial to the company. The guest should not be walking away feeling like they were treated less by the staff. I feel this way.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FOXYPOXMOM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Me and my friends took a trip to the Potawatomi Bingo Casino, The casino it self was a disaster. Such a relief that a Completely Clean Hotel and the most Comfortable beds that i have ever slept in totally took away the pain from loosing money on the ridiculous table games that were offered at the casino. Pretty sad that the only money i won there was from
"War". But anyways, This Hotel was Spotless Clean, Great Value, With a Pool and Hot Tub, Personal Fridge with Microwave, Free Wifi, Buisness Chair and Desk and to top it off 32inch Flatscreen! Excellent Stay Will Most Definitely Recommend!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
BThoe, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank You so much for a great review on our hotel. We really pride ourselves on a clean room and great customer service and hope you come back and better luck next time at the casino.
Durango
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The service was fine and the room had two double queens as we requested through the internet. The room was spacious for us (two adults & a teen). The beds were very comfortable. I heard no noise within the hotel except for maybe some road construction outside. Breakfast was more then I expected such as fresh waffles, fruit, yogurt, and cereal There was also french toast you could warm in the microwave. I mean there was no meat or eggs, but it sure satisfied us for the price.
We used Garmin to help us find the baseball stadium, which was helpful with all the construction. It only took about 15 minutes and was easy to figure out the parking. Many resturants close to the hotel. Oh and this hotel has free parking. Watch for that when booking in downtown Milwaukee. We will stay here again when we attend another baseball game.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel several times in past when using the airport and I keep coming back for a reason. The front desk staff is always friendly and welcoming, and this stay was no different. He even asked some teens to leave the business center so I could use the computer to check in for my flight (without me even asking). The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. It's always quiet also, which is important to me because I'm a light sleeper. I use the park and fly option, which has never let me down. The shuttle is always timely going to and from the airport and runs 24/7. I feel the car is safe in their lot as there is plenty of lights and in a relatively active area. Just around the corner are lots of dining options as well. I plan on using this hotel everytime I use MKE airport in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Honestly, the pillows on the bed were smaller than throw pillows. I kept laughing about them, until bedtime, when I couldn't sleep because they were too small. The room was clean, however the pool area was very dirty. Used towels & wrppaers all over. The hot tub was filled with wrappers & used tissues. We went to use the pool, but it was dirty too. As we were leaving, we noticed that the flood light from the pool was laying in the pool. We overheard the couple in the elevator sya they were the ones that the light popped out on. I guesss one the wife brushed the pool wall with her foot, and the light popped out. Walls were super thin- could hear people running through the halls above us. Thank goodness it stopped around 10. Breakfast was super small. Just juice, coffee, fruit, pre-wrapped pastry, yogurt, waffles, cereal, toast, and microwaved breakfast burritos. All in all, I guess I would stay here in a pinch, but I would pack my own pillows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nosilla
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Stayed overnight. Very nice hotel at a great price. Looked to be fairly new. Beds were a little soft for my liking, but you can't win 'em all,. Overall, a nice experience. Beware of 11:00 check-out time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel one night when, due to severe weather, all flights out of MKE were cancelled (and mass confusion ensued). I got on the shuttle at the airport while I was on the phone with the hotel trying to make a last-minute reservation; I was on hold. I arrived ten minutes later (close to 11:00pm) and was still on hold but joined the short line to check in. (Considering the craziness going on, I was willing to overlook the long hold time.) The clerk at the desk was new to the job but handling the massive influx of customers well. I was given a very large and comfortable room with a king bed. I was not a fan of the pillows -- too soft -- but that's personal preference. The free breakfast in the morning was the usual: some pre-packaged muffins and microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, waffles, cereal, bagels, etc. Nothing fancy but perfectly edible.

I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before and expected a total dive, what I found instead was a new-looking, well appointed, comfortable hotel a short distance from the airport whose rooms were very reasonably priced. Should I need another airport hotel in Milwaukee, I would definitely consider this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business