“Great Night's Sleep in Otherwise Average Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #21 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great Night's Sleep in Otherwise Average Hotel”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

First let me say how great the sleep I had here was, thanks to the extremely comfortable bed and pillows - definitely head and shoulders above other properties nearby the airport area.

Otherwise this is an older and fairly average Crowne Plaza, nothing really outstanding or terrible either. The hotel has been through an obvious renovation, the bathroom in my room was nice and modernized and so were the furnishings and decor generally speaking. There were two things I found not to be that great here in the room I stayed at on the 5th floor (top, club), however.

Despite the fairly recent painting, there were a several stains on the walls, as if things had been spilled or splashed, as well as two areas that appeared to have spackle on them for no apparent reason (this stood out on the green paint on the wall). These things seemed like they would be simple to clean up, so I don't know why they weren't as it really detracted from the appearance of an otherwise modernized room. Also some old water stains on the ceiling.

The room tended to be very cold - this was winter during a very brutal cold snap - because the old window and sliding patio door just don't have the insulation or newness needed to keep up and cold air liberally seeps through. I had to keep the heater and fan on constantly, and i am usually not a cold person. Hopefully the hotel will consider renovating or replacing this in future.

Stayed on the club floor and the continental breakfast and "lounge" (a former hotel room it seemed) were nice. The lady who ran it was nice.

Room Tip: Top floor is club floor - same rooms but you get a free continental breakfast & some evening sna...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Hotel Reviewer:

Thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwuakee Airport. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed a great nights sleep while at the hotel. In fact as comfortable as you felt our bedding was when you stayed with us we are completely changing our bedding package in mid March to include new higher threaded sheet counts, new pillows, bed skirts etc.

We opened as a Crowne Plaza about 4 years ago and at that time completely renovated the previously branded hotel. We find that we have the nicest upscale hotel in the Milwaukee Airport area.

I apologize for the markings on the green wall in your guest room. We are actually in the planning stages of replacing that wallpaper with paint in order to make it a focal wall and allow our maintenance staff to touch-up more frequently when damaged.

Once again thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We look forward to greeting you the next time your travels bring you to the Milwaukee Airport area.

Clint Wills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed February 11, 2014

i recently had the chance to stay at your hotel and i must say that your food was truly yummy.. we had the breakfast buffet and to our surprise we were able to be seated early before anybody else.. Alex our server had told us that the breakfast cook Matt was just about to put out the buffet i had the breakfast burritos that he had made and other goodies that were on the buffet It was well worth the money to get the buffet. Thank you again for allowing me to get served early Alex and Matt!!!

Room Tip: worth getting the buffet lots of choices and friendly staff
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank s t
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear S T:

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed our food offerings so much during your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Matt does a great job coming up with specials to add to our buffet so that guests staying more than one night can experience a variety of different items.

I have shared your kind comments with our entire staff especially Matt and Alex.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport we look forward to your return.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This was the first time to this hotel, however I have stayed at other Crowne hotel.

The decor was slightly old, but still very comfortable. The meeting room was even temperature, comfortable chairs and where the drink/ food was stationed, it was within a reasonable walk . The beverage station was always, full and warm!!!!

My room, a king suite, was nice. My one compliant, there was an air draft from the slider door, I even thought it was open at one point. I was not thrilled at the bedside phone placement, but the area housing a king bed did not allow many other choices.

The breakfast was full of many choices, eggs evenly cooked and amble amt of fruit. The host and waitresses were ideal. Our evening choices met the fare, I would have preferred more sandwich choices. The service, one lady, was beyond great, although I think she could have had help serving the main dishes. She knew the menu well, offering her choice while still backing the main menu selections.

The main desk and shuttle was professional and friendly. The one fault, a small 'gift' shop . I would suggest playing cards for a minimal price.

I had heard of the option to stay one night , park a private vehicle and be shuttled to the hotel. I thought this was a terrific service for travelers. My one compliant of the whole experience, I asked and was charged for the concierge room but the open hours did not work with my stay, knowing this I would have expected a refrigerator in the room.I feel the booking process should have alerted to this issue. Overall, if the group choices this venue again, I would be very happy to return in 2015.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Slainte23:

Thank you so much for providing such great feedback regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We were so happy that you decided to move your group to the Crowne Plaza and that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to hosting your group next year and will share all of your kind comments with our entire staff.

Saint Ignatius, Montana
Reviewed January 28, 2014

While visiting my family in Milwaukee I had an amazing stay at your wonderful establishment. From the moment I checked in Vanessa and Jeff at the front desk were very polite. It was my birthday and on the tv in my room said Happy Birthday. My friend and I went into the club that night and met Joni very nice woman. We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and had the pleasure of meeting Julie and Jen. Jen was very pleasant she's from Montana just like us so we talked alot about everything. Julie was great she took us on a tour of all the banquet rooms since we were interested in having a family reunion maybe sometime this year. Because of how pleasant both Julie and Jen were we had breakfast in the restaurant each morning. We had the buffet the food was amazing as well as the kitchen staff Tom, Jason, and Matt.
In the evening we had dinner and drinks Erica was our server very nice to us and our 10 year old niece. Our niece liked her and Joni so much she made them both loom bracelets. We also had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the best bartenders ever Charles and Paul. We also went to the club another evening and met Samantha she was very nice and polite.
The first day we were there the hot tub wasn't working we were very upset but than Jerry the maintenance man reassured us it would be up and running shortly and it was. We had the pleasure of meeting Elvis in the restaurant very nice man. Clint the GM even introduced himself to us. We also met Joya through passing in the hall it was a pleasure talking with her very sweet woman.
All week the customer service was great completely 5 stars from all the staff. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so memorable. We will definitely be back when we come back to Milwaukee. I also told all my facebook friends how amazing everything was.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Caroline Z:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting such excellent feedback regarding the service you received while staying at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to each and every guest and the fact that you were able to remember all of those staff members truly means that we lived up to our own high standards.

I will make certain that all members of our team see your great feedback and celebrate success together.

LITH, IL
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Terrific property by the airport. Well appointed interior and an amazing staff. As a single traveller I often receive short shrift from restaurant staff, however on this stay Erica and Joni couldn;t have been more wonderful. They were gracious, fun and provided impeccable service.
Thank you for a grand experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Pete:

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such great feedback about your stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I'm glad you had such a great stay and enjoyed our Altitude restaurant while you were at our property.

Yesterday at our morning standup meeting we read your review to all of our staff and personally recognized Erica and Joni for their outstanding service that they provided to you.

We hope the next time you are in the Milwaukee Airport area you choose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport again. We also hope that you may be able to check out some of the unique offerings Milwaukee has such as: The Milwaukee Art Museum, Miller Park, Summerfest, Italian Fest etc.

Chicago
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I recently took advantage of their park and fly program and found it to be very convenient. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes to the airport and I probably waited about 3 minutes to be picked up on the back end. The first room they put me in had a horrible urine/vomit stain on the mattress. I went down to the front desk and spoke with Jeff about it. He seemed legitimately concerned, upgraded me to a king executive room and gave me a couple of comped drinks at the bar. Also, I probably went back and forth to the room about 4 times when I was there and every time, Jeff greeted me by name, very impressive. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The executive king rooms are on the top floor and have balconies.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chicagoman88
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Chicagoman88:

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay. I was made aware of your discovery of the mattress and was also concerned. We have touched base with all of our housekeepers to ensure this never happens again in the future to any of our guests.

I do want to assure you that this is not normal and hasn't happened before but that we have rectified it. Jeff does a great job as our front desk supervisor and truly does care about each and every guest that walks through our door.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time your travels bring you to Milwaukee.

Medford NJ
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a very nice property,staff is very helpful.I had a problem with my water later in the night,Pamela was very helpful in getting me relocated. The restaurant on site Altitude has a excellent menu,I dined there nightly and was very pleased. Milan was very helpful,all of his recommendations where spot on. This is a nice location for Priority Club Travelers they have a menu of Amenities that make the stay a pleasure

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Matt K:

Thank you for providing such great feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Its feedback such as yours that allows us to show thanks to our associates and also provide learning experiences when such issues arise.

I was sorry to hear that you had issues with water during your stay but thankful that Pamela took such good care of you. Milan does a great job in our Altitude restaurant and I was glad to see that you experienced the great customer service that he is known for.

Thank you once again for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.