“Awesome.... Awesome.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Milwaukee
Portland, Maine
“Awesome.... Awesome.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

my husband and I where at the hotel for a Train Trade show over the summer and we had breakfast in your restaurant and the food was Awesome in fact best ever... we normally try to eat were the the locals go but, we gave it a try a just went back for more and more... We got a chance to meet one of your chefs as well during our stay there ... he was a chubby guy... great sense of humor... he shared with us that he was just getting back to swing of things as he was out for sometime.. not to be nosey my husband had asked why and he said that he had bypass surgery... my husband and I were floored as he looked way to young to have that happen.. my husband shared with him that he too had bypass surgery and that to stay strong.. other then the food at breakfast everybody was really nice and pleasant... We hope to be back there again not only for the trade show but for breakfast again...

Room Tip: Would go back for the breakfast anytime....the chubby chef was the nicest person we met besides some...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Clint W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Joan:

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport as your hotel of choice when in the Milwaukee Airport area.

I was so happy to see your positive feedback regarding the breakfast food quality and the quality of the hotel staff. I will be sure to share your great feedback with all of our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Clint Wills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Travelled through Milwaukee on the way to Oshkosh airventure, and stayed here twice heading in out and through MKE. I must say it was one of the best airport hotels I've stayed in. The beds were fantastic and the rooms obviously recently renovated. Ate all our meals at the restaurant, and the food was great and well priced, but the meals are huge!

Maureen on the front desk, very friendly and when we had one room that was a bit noisy she moved us straight away and with no fuss. If you need to stay somewhere around the airport in MKE, I don't think you could go past it, and it was very well priced as well

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel_Management6401, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport!!

Thank you for your staying with us we appeciate your patraonage and hope to have the oppurtunity to serve you again. We will also share with Maureen and the rest of our staff your kind comments.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Pros: Stayed here a couple of weeks on business and for a Airport Hotel I found it a very comfortable place to relax after work. Large clean rooms, large clean pool and the restaurant food was excellent everytime we ate there (which was often, something I don't normally do). Very flavorful and large portions with great service. Special kudos to Erica and Aida for the excellent service right down to the point of knowing my likes and dislikes.

Absolutely recommend this hotel for the above.

Con: During our stay there was a extremely large wedding party going on that went on for several days. No less than three times intoxicated guests tried to use there card to enter my room only to realize they were in the room next door. The last time was at 3:45 am- Not the fault of the hotel but annoying non the less.

Then after this large party they closed the fifth floor priority lounge due to "damage". The lounge was only open for the breakfast and "happy hour" time and locked the rest of the time. Taking away a comfortable place to relax during room cleaning or just wanting to sit somewhere other than the hotel room. Very unfortunate and the only negative thing I can think of.

Room Tip: Stayed several times, usually on the upper levels which were all fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel_Management6401, Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
On Behalf of the entire Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport staff. We appeciate your kind comments. I have taken the liberty of sharing this post to our staff to show them that consistancy and dedication shows in their daily performance.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Daytona Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a first rate hotel all the way around. Maureen at the front desk is pleasant at all times and extremely helpful in getting a room to fit the needs of her clients. We were there for a convention and can't say enough about the hospitality shown all of us. The Altitudes Restaurant located in the hotel is by far the best hotel food I have had and I have traveled through out the world. The prices were moderate and the portions more than generous This wouldn't have mattered if the food was not good quality, but it was excellent. While we were staying there, several local events were taking place, and the hotel was able to accommodate everyone.
The only negative would be that their vanity sink area is too small. Even a towel bar on them would have been a help. (A very small negative point.).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Wow !!thank you for your kind comments .. Maureen is one of our most valued employees and her committment and attention to detail is duly noted.

We thank your for staying at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport and for sharing your entire experience your continued patranage is paramount and greatly appeciated.
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks, and I strongly recommend it. My work took me to Milwaukee, and the hotel is a 10-15 minute drive from the downtown area. My room was comfortable and clean. The workout room had good equipment. The staff was very friendly. In particular, I appreciated the efforts of Maureen at the front desk. When I checked in, I was tired and irritable after a long day. Maureen was cheerful and professional. She booked me into a less-occupied part of the hotel, so that I would have a more quiet environment. She was very helpful then, and on other occasions. The restaurant is good--I recommend the catfish sandwich.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Milwaukee!

We are proud of employees like maureen and appeciate when someone takes the time to acknowledge their experience. "Service" is the key to guests satisfaction and that principle has our personal committment.

When you think of Milwaukee please remember us at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I originally booked a reservation at the Ramada Inn next door because the rate was so low. When I walked in the lobby I understood why. The two customers in front of me both checked in before and were not back in the lobby requesting another room. When I walked up to check-in I noticed a signed stating they had live entertainment booked for both Friday and Saturday night (the 2 nights I would be there) and we should expect to hear the music until 3:00 am. I asked for room that would not hear the music so late because I had two little kids and she told me I could have a room with a queen bed and a rollaway - or I can go to the Crown Plaza and they would honor my rate. I immediately responded I would go to the Crown Plaza. The Ramada receptionist called the Crown Plaza and by the time I got there (maybe 2 minutes) the receptionist had my room keys ready and I just needed to sign the paperwork. It was awesome! The beds were really comfortable the room was great and everyone who worked there was really nice. The pool and hot tub were perfect for my kids. Next year I will be staying here - I don't care how cheap the other places are!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HelloCrazy
Thank you for making the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport your hotel of choice in Milwaukee.

We appeciate your patranage and look forward to welcoming you back to MIlwaukee in the near future.
West Olive Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this place and we do this every August. First time with this hotel and will be the last. We got a room that felt like a park and fly out room. When we stay at other hotels in area they give a better room for staying 2 nights and spending the extra money for 2 nights. We got to look at a wall when we opened the curtains. Also kids were screaming up and down the hallway outside our door. We get a better room with a refirdge and microwave on a better floor with no screaming kids and 40.00 dollars a night cheaper at the Hilton Gardens. Along with a better view. We wont be staying with you again. All it would have taken is putting us in a room with a better view and no screaming kids. Lady at check in was not friendly at all when we checked in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mary S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at check in and for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A