“Great reservation clerk!”

Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed March 11, 2013

When I called reservations, I wanted to find out the cost of leaving my car there. And the reservation clerk, Maureen, was so very helpful telling me about "Park and Fly!" She changed my reservation to a Park and Fly, which actually lowered the price by $10!! I have stayed there once before (last year), and the rooms are very nice and service, including shuttle to the airport, is very good. Because of Maureen, though, I will come back every year, since I visit my daughter overseas once a year. I will also spread the word to my extended family----we number around 75 because my husband and I are each 1 of 8 children and we all have children of our own.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Diane768,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I am glad to hear about how one of our front desk agents, Maureen, has made such a great impression on you that we will be your first choice of hotels now and in the future. The best way to capture great guests like yourself and have you come back again and again is with great service. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza – Milwaukee Airport several times in the past, and have always had a good experience. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed, and the pool/workout area is spacious and bright. The club lounge for Priority Club members is a really nice bonus, and the nightly reception is a nice treat at the end of a long day. The restaurant has a nice menu, and the food is always good. It located 5 minutes from the airport, and has a shuttle which runs 24 hours. There are only two drawbacks that I have found with this location. The first is the alarm clocks. The clocks in most rooms that I have stayed in are always wrong, this isn't really a big deal, except that there is no way to set them (they are supposed to be automatically set)! This means that when you wake up in the night, you don’t know what time it is… additionally, you can’t set an alarm for yourself (both of these are a real pain). The only other drawback is the lack of refrigerators in most rooms. All and all though, this is a good place, and has great proximity to MKE airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear NHSunFollowers,

Thank you very much for the review of the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. I appreciate your kind words about how friendly and accomodating out staff is, how clean the rooms are, the fitness center, the Priority Club Lounge, restaurant and our 24 hour shuttle service. I also appreciate your feedback on the alarm clocks and refrigerators. Our engineering team did go through the rooms to adjust the time on the clocks to accomodate Daylight Savings Time. We do have refrigerators available upon request and it is something that we are looking into for the future. Again, thank you for the reveiw and please let us know when you will be staying with us again!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here during a recent business trip and was very impressed. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The restaurant on site had a good menu selection for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The prices at the restaurant and the hotel were both very reasonable. I would definitely stay here when I return to the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Toddamy,

We are glad that you were very impressed with the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport. Our goal is to provide above and beyond service for every guest. It makes it easy when you have such a great hotel to sell to our guests. Again, thank you very much for your kind review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

It took 3 times with reservations to be offered the best rate available for a park and fly. The gal at the check in desk was very friendly. Went to the lounge for a drink, no bartender. Had to hail a manager walking by to get a drink. The food in the restaurant was very good. Overnight there must have been an issue with staffing. Their shuttle driver never showed up for work...we didn't get our 3:30am wake up call so we could catch our 6:20am flight. DO NOT believe their 'you don't pay for your room if you didn't get your wake up call' policy. That didn't happen. The shuttle never showed at the airport when we returned from our trip. We took a cab. Both shuttles were sitting idle at the hotel when we arrived.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim L
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Kim L,

I am sorry for your experience while staying with us. I do wish that you would have contacted myself directly or our Manager on Duty so we could have made your stay a postive experience as opposed to reading about your stay. Please feel free to contact me personally. I would love to have the opportunity to see what we can do to earn your trust and loyalty.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very friendly staff and good location makes this a good choice. The lady up in the club lounge went out of her way to get me items missing from the breakfast bar. The barkeeper was friendly too. The bedrooms was very nice and clean so I had a good sleep, which is not always the case for hotels. Bed was comfortable and the room surprisingly quiet.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank chucksierke

Dear Mobileworldtraveler,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us! I appreciate your comments on our staff, our club lounge, bar, rooms, beds and the quiteness of our rooms. We are very thankful that you chose to stay at the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport while visiting the Milwaukee area. Please let me know next time you will be in town. Again, thank you for the review!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband & I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza in mid-Feb 2013, prior to our week-long trip to Mexico. It is so convenient to stay at a hotel that offers 'Park & Fly' packages where they will shuttle you to & from the airport and you don't have to worry about parking fees, etc. We originally selected the Crowne Plaza because the charter company (Funjet) we were flying with gave us a voucher for a reduced rate for booking a 'Park & Fly' room. Check-in was very smooth; we got a room with a king-sized bed as we preferred; arranging the shuttle and wake up call was taken care of immediately; we woke up in the morning and took AWESOME SHOWERS; had fresh coffee, fruit and packaged danishes waiting downstairs for us before hopping on the shuttle to the airport. Our sweet shuttle driver, Rene', got us to the airport quickly and we were on our way to Mexico...NOT!!!

Once inside the airport I went to pull out our passports from the 8"x6" green leather satchel that held all our documents, and could not find the satchel anywhere. OMG, we lost our passports! The personell of the Crowne Plaza were the ones that went above and beyond to support, guide and assist us from there. I can't say enough about the compassion and kindness the Crowne Plaza employees showed us. Rene', who was now voluntarily working OT, came back to the airport to pick me up and my husband stayed to go through all our luggage. Rene' went to our room and turned it upside down to find our passports after dropping me off by our car so I could search there. No luck from either of us. Called my husband at the airport and he could not find it either. The only other possibility was that somehow the satchel had fallen out of my purse the previous night when we went to dinner (@ PF Changs) at the Mayfair Mall, of all places! Rene' asked the front desk to get us phone numbers for the Mall and the restaurant, which they did. They also gave us a late check-out so we had time to check out these other options. Rene' then took me back to the airport to pick up my husband and brought us back to the Crowne Plaza since we already missed our flight. We were told by Funjet if we found the passports yet later that day, they had 10 open seats on the exact flight the next morning, which Funjet made us pay an additional $100 for (even tho we paid for the insurance)...but that's another story.

By now it is 8:30am and our flight left two hours ago. What happened to us had spread like wildfire at the Crowne Plaza and we were treated like celebrities...Bless your heart, Rene' Parrish, for all you did for us. The Director of Sales & Marketing, Valerie Casper, gave us complimentary tickets to eat breakfast in their restaurant which my husband thoroughly enjoyed. I was too devastated and sick to my stomach to eat anything at this point - we still had no passports. My husband ate; I sat there and cried. Afterward we went to our room and regrouped; calling the numbers the hotel had given us. To shorten this story, our passports were retrieved from PF Changs by about 10:15am. We went back to the restaurant at the hotel with smiles on our faces, and I ate a fantastic breakfast now. The Crowne Plaza allowed us to stay another night at the same reduced rate and they gave us recommendations of things to do for the day. We ended up going to see a great movie at a nearby cinema in the afternoon, had a fantastic dinner at the Crowne Plaza restaurant, and they got us to the airport the next day safe & sound. As it turned out, our shuttle driver Rene' got called in to work unexpectantly and she sent us off wth a beautiful card and little 'care package'. We had a wonderful vacation and were picked up quickly by another hotel shuttle driver, who made sure our vehicle started and we were on our way home before he headed back to the hotel entrance. Needless to say, we will be loyal customers to the Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport mostly due to their extraordinary personnel, but also because the hotel itself is very clean, comfortable, convenient, safe, close to the airport, and has a very good restaurant right there.

Room Tip: Our 3rd Floor room with a king-sized bed was very quiet with a great shower!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barnett_2013
CrownePlazaMKE, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Barnett_2013,

Thank you for the great review and acknowledging our team members. Your story has captivated our hotel and so many people are asking me if I have heard how your vacation went. The entire hotel feels like you are part of our family now. As the General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud of everyone who was involved and went above and beyond to provide exceptional service four you and your husband. It is great to see the compassion of our team members when faced with a circumstance such as yours. Again, thank you very much and please reach out to me before you visit us again. P.S., please update us on your vacation!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been frequenting this hotel as a guest for several years and I have received nothing but great & courtious service from everyone but I can tell you the the best kept secret about this hotel is in the lounge. The batender (Milan) has been nothing short of amazing in his treatment of me and his service to the point where I consider him as friend as well as an excellent bartender. I would highly recommend this hotel just for the privilege of being served by Milan.

SP
Jerome, Az.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steve P,

Thank you for the review and showcasing Milan. We are very forunate to have him as part of our team! To have a valued guest such as yourself acknowledge Milan for his services is such an honor for him and the hotel. Building great relationships is what hospitality is all about and I am very pround of Milan and our team for doing so. Again, thank you very much for choosing us and complimenting Milan.