“Love this place. Not so processed and different from most asain food.”
Review of Jing's

Jing's
Ranked #248 of 1,518 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Historic Third Ward
Wisconsin
“Love this place. Not so processed and different from most asain food.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Food is great, interesting flavors or blends of spices. Not like other Chinese foods where you feel like some of the sauces are just poured out of a giant can. The food seems to be cooked by someone without so much processed food. It tastes like someone is actually making the sauces from scratch and taking time to cook the meal.

Visited October 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Měiwèi (Delicious!)”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I have been to Jing's many times and absolutely love it! We brought our best gal pal with us to check it out since we haven't dined there in a while due to a home purchase in the burbs. You MUST start with the steamed dumplings filled with broth and meatball. The General Tso's chicken is very tasty, some of the best I've ever had even though it's a very generic Chinese dish. The Mooney Squid was to die for! A tad bit on the salty side, but it worked. Jing recommended to add shrimp with it, and what a great idea! My husband had a bubbling hot, clear noodle dish with meatballs that was so dense and delicate at the same time (I can't remember the name of it, but it's on the special menu). I highly recommend this place for the authentic Chinese food, great ambiance, and fabulous staff and owner. We will definitely be back soon! Thanks Jing!!!

• Visited November 2011
Milwaukee
“Alternative to your typical or chain Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Jing's in my opinion is one of the best Chinese restaurants I have been to. The decor is fung shui with light colored walls and a high ceiling. This is a fantastic and fresh change from the typical dark and dingy Chinese restaurant. At Jing's you can actually hear yourself think. This is a plus for people who want to hold a conversation versus an exercise in lip reading. Now on to the best part, the food, or the service I cannot decide. The food is prepared in top notch fashion, it is delivered with care by the attentive servers who are there to help your journey through an enjoyable dinning experience. If you do not know what it is you are in the mood to eat, just ask and it may even be created for you.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank dr_foucault
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“modern atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The only thing that would make this place great is be closer to where I live. Ha
When my husband and I went at 2 pm the place was deserted. I was hoping to try the buffet but I liked having the peace and quiet and the server all to ourselves. The shrimp lo mein was great but would of liked bigger shrimp. The spring rolls had a nice light coating.
We went here based on a friend recommend and definitely want to extend that to everyone else.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Jing's is the place for Chinese”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

After reading a glowing review in the Shepard weekly paper we tried out Jing's a few months ago, and have been back 4 times since.
Forget the 'regular' menu. I'm sure the US/Chinese staples like fried rice, general tsao's chicken and lo mein are well prepared and quite tasty, but you can get these anywhere.
No, the reason we go to Jing's is the "Special Menu", which I'm emploring Jing to use exclusively (probably end up like the Indian guy on Seinfeld who went out of business after taking such advice...).
I haven't been to mainland china yet, but supposedly this is authentic, and even if it wasn't it's still fabulous.
Addictive broth dumplings, pork belly with preserved mustard greens, spicy fish, etcetctc.
It's just thoughtfully prepared, highly delicious, out of the ordinary (i.e. REAL) chinese food servced by sincerely friendly people.
Well done Jing!!!