“Good Hotel in Down Town Milwaukee”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #26 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Netherlands
“Good Hotel in Down Town Milwaukee”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is the first time I stayed in the IC in Milwaukee, during previous visits I stayed in the Courtyard hotel.
Eventhough I was upgraded to an executive room, the room was not as big as the rooms I stayed in in the courtyard. Still the room was more than big enough for somebody travelling alone, with a sitting room, a roomy bedroom and a bath room.
The Bath room was clean but looked a bit dated, it was ok though.

Breakfast is great in the IC, good service and excellent food! I like the bar as well, a good place to recover from the freezing cold of Milwaukee.

The location is good, it is in walking distance from lots of bars and restaurants and I even walked to the Bradley center for a Basket Ball game.

The IC is not the cheapest but it is a good and comfortable hotel, just what you need when you're away from home for a few weeks.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Milwaukee. It was a tough loss for those of us that are Bucks fans, but the Bulls did okay. We have the rematch scheduled for later this month and hopefully we’ll come out on top in that one. Hope you visit us again soon. -Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
wisconsin
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We LOVE the Intercontinental in downtown Milwaukee. It is the only hotel we stay at when we are in the city, after trying several others. The service is top notch, the facilities and location are perfect. The staff has always been very friendly and accomodating -- our first room was not ready this time and the front desk staff immediately rectified the situation. The new banquet director, Shari, went out of her way to greet us and introduce herself, which was great! The cocktails at Clear were delicious and the in room dining is always good and on-time. We will continue to make this our exclusive go-to hotel in the Milwaukee area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sierraphoenix
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
This is great to hear. We LOVE that you LOVE us and we LOVE having you! We will continue to impress as long as you continue to visit. Sheri and the rest of the crew are looking forward to having you back soon. -Steve
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 3, 2011

After being stuck in the "storm of the century" in chicago we made our way to Milwaukee to the Intercontinental hotel. A special thank you to Lee at the front desk who was very accomidating to our needs as we changed our flight to return home. We stay here 2 times a year and are never let down. Thank you to the Intercontinental for heping make the best of a snowy situation!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
We thank you for traversing the weather conditions in order to stay with us. That was one heck of a storm. We’re still trying to dig our way out. I will be sure to share your appreciation with Lee. We look forward to have you return soon. -Steve
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed January 30, 2011

This is my first review to ever write. I travel a great deal and have stayed at 4 and 5 star resorts around the world. I stayed at this Hotel last week and I must say I was VERY impressed. The service and prices were awesome! They have an amenity menu along with their room service menu. I have never seen one in all the places I have stayed. That was a very unique touch. I ordered the fresh chocolate chip cookies and milk! Delicious! They have a Movie package….popcorn, beer, cokes, candy and movie of your choice. A chocolate lovers package and much more.
I love the high ceilings in the rooms. It made the room feel so big. The only thing I would say they need to improve on is dusting. Other than that don’t change a thing! I have two dogs and a two year old so sleeping in does not exist in my life. I slept like a baby there. It was very quiet and the beds were very comfy! I would def go back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Welcome to the world that is Tripadvisor, and I wish you many more wonderful experiences. I’m certainly glad that we did our part to ensure that your 1st posting is a positive one. As someone who really appreciates a good night’s sleep I know how enjoyable that moment of “sleeping like a baby” was to you. Be sure to visit us again when you want to revisit that happy place. – Steve
chicago
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here for business for 4 nights. The bed is so comfortable it was hard to get out of it to go to work. The lobby is beautiful. Attention to detail is great. I ordered room service, the food delicious, service excellent. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
We really appreciate the post. Thank you for the kind words. -Steve
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We chose the Intercontinental Milwaukee for New Year's Eve weekend primarily because of it's location. We went to see Jim Gaffigan's New Year's Eve show at the Pabst Theatre, which is connected to the hotel. Big score for us, even though this year it was a fluke and it was 50 degrees that day!

Now to the hotel. As others have said, the lobby is beautifully decorated and the Christmas Tree was a sight. The beds are super super comfy and we had a great nights rest after we were out late New Years Eve. We were upgraded which was nice to an executive room, basically a two room suite with two tv's. It was nicely decorated. One issue I had with the room is I think the bathroom could have been made bigger and the extra room when you enter a little smaller. The bathrooms could use some updating too. But for one or two nights, no big deal at all for me. One other thing which probably doesn't pertain to most , there were very few if any vegetarian dinner entree options. We ended up leaving the hotel after looking at the menus and had great service and dinner at Tutto.

We would for sure return in the summer to see a game.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Thanks for the great post. We’re grateful that you chose to stay with us and look forward to having you back in the summer. -Steve
Bloomington IL
Reviewed December 23, 2010

When I think about an InterContinental Hotel I think of a place that is comparable to a Westin or JW Marriott. The InterContinental Milwaukee is more like a Marriott or Sheraton. It's still a nice hotel but not a premium destination. If this hotel were a Crown Plaza, I would have been completely satisfied given muted expectations. From an InterContinental I expect luxury and attention to detail. The rooms were nice but dated. The bathroom was clean but the tub, toilet and sink were cheaper that what you would expect from an InterContinental. Because I need a CPAP to sleep (with sleep apnea) the hunt for an outlet at the head of the bed was frustrating. There was only one outlet that was already loaded and located at the very center of a king-sized bed whose mattress wouldn't budge. Because of its limited accessabilty the area by the head of the bed hadn't been cleaned for a long time and it showed it. Parking is expensive and with a little patience you might find a free spot on the street near the hotel.

As a government employee my room rate was very enticing. The bed was comfortable, the towels were thick and fluffy,and the suite-sized room provided enough space for my teenage son and I to watch the separate TV's in peace. The restaurant and the bar appeared to be first class and every bit what would be expected from an InterContinental. The location was outstanding, in the middle of everything that is downtown Milwaukee. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brenda_Bender, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are very helpful to us. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations, but am glad that you enjoyed your stay enough to return. We do have a wonderful location here in downtown Milwaukee that puts you within walking distance of most attractions. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. - Brenda