Below is my original review of my very disappointing stay at this hotel. But I deleted it so that I could add this. The hotel's "manager" sent me a private TA message asking what room I had stayed in, so that they could use it as an example "for training purposes." I confirmed the room number. And that was it. No apology of any sorts. I was hesitant to even complain to hotel staff until the series of non-working devices in our dirty room escalated to having to leave with wet hair on a cold morning. I restrained my TA review because the hotel staff had been so friendly. But this manager's almost passive aggressive and apology-free TA response will keep me from giving this property another shot. All that needed to be said (if anything was said at all) was "I am sorry for your disappointing stay." That is a manager's job.
Below is my original review; read it keeping in mind I was going easy on exactly how filthy our "four star" room was.
I was looking forward to treating myself to a stay here and couldn't have been more disappointed. Our room was dirty--grass and dirt all over the desk, mildewy shower, mildewy comforter, gross face/finger smudge prints on the window, some sort of sticky substance on the wall. And everything was broken: three burned out lights, the television didn't work, the hairdryer didn't work. One of the beds had two sheets but no comforter. I finally called the manager when the hair dryer wouldn't work, and she was quite polite and comped our parking. The place is NOT a treat--stick with the Pfister for that, and if you're deal hunting stick with the Hyatt down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental