“Run down”

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I was very disappointed w/ the quality of this hotel room. First, the bathroom counter was not clean. The wallpaper was peeling in the room (far away from the bathroom). The sink clogged up so badly we had to call maintenance. One of the 2 bedside lamps was not working. The climate control unit was user unfriendly. Right before bed I turned the therm. up so that the room would be a little warmer. The air conditioning never kicked off, despite the therm. being set on 80. After calling the front desk the next morning, they tell us the air only kicks off if the fan is switched to the off position. Finally, and perhaps the most trashy, there were huge carpet stains on the floor.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

I am sorry for the numerous troubles you had during your stay. Thank you very much for bringing these items to our attention and we are working to correct these issues. -Steve

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Milwaukee

Reviewed July 10, 2010

I have to say, for a deal landed on Priceline at the last minute simply so we didn't have to drive back to Chicago at 1am, this was amazing.

Super swank and mod interior (the check-in process was less than personable, but hey, it was almost midnight when we got in, so I can cut some slack there), our room was a really nice size with an awesome king size bed and great bathroom.

Sadly we were only there for the night so we didn't get a chance to check out the fitness area or the restaurants, but the room service was priced quite reasonably (shocking I know! I should have ordered it) and they do give you a USA Today in the morning.

One thing you should note though - I was playing around on the TV checking out all the different options and I think I wandered into a pay area (the channel sort of alluded to it but never said how much it was or when to exit the "trial"). The front desk was kind enough to take it off the bill (I only had the TV on for maybe 20 minutes) but if you just "set it and forget it" you might end up with an extra charge at the end!

I would definitely stay here again...this is a true gem in the heart of Milwaukee.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

The location of this hotel is perfect for downtown Milwaukee. Easy walk to anywhere downtown. Booked via priceline (so great deal) which effects my review; if I paid full price I would have a more negative opinion. Parking is $23 a day.

The rooms were decent size, very clean, and the hotel public area's were impressive. It appears this hotel is either new or recently remoldeled; I felt it was designed more like a W than an InterContinental, but nice nonetheless. The bathrooms were very disappointing, especially for a hotel of this star level (tub/bath combo, only one sink, very small); and we actually recieved a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a two-night stay in Milwaukee and one of our highlights was the Intercontinental. What a comfortable place to stay - lovely lobby and very friendly service. Most comfortable bed ever with tons of pillows!!! We slept great. And the food was a pleasant surprise - all of our meals (two breakfasts and dessert one evening) were truly outstanding - probably some of the best hotel food I have ever had. Informative valet. We really had a great time and would absolutely return. Thank you!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2010

It is certainly good to hear we were one of the highlights of your visit to our amazing city. Hopefully this will be the first step in making us your home away from home. Whenever you need a quick getaway our doors are always open. Thanks for the post please come see us again soon. -Steve

Reviewed June 26, 2010

The InterContinental Milwaukee couldn't be more well-placed for those who want to enjoy all the best that the city has to offer; especially in the arts. Across the street is the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. The Milwaukee Rep and the historic Pabst Theater are located within the I-C's complex, so you'd never have to go outside -- but you'll want to. Lively Cathedral Square is a short walk, along with dozens of restaurants and watering holes. You're also reasonably close to the Bradley Center, along with other downtown activities and landmarks.

As for the property itself, it's a spiffy and modern full service hotel. Guest rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. Housekeeping is excellent. The staff is professional and helpful. Internet service is complimentary and it was flawless. This is one of the more pricey places to stay in Milwaukee, but they're happy to show you why it's worth it. Valet parking is $28 per day and self-parking in the underground facility is available for slightly less. A fitness center is located on the 4th floor with a selection of equipment, steam room and hot tub. If you're looking for something special in Milwaukee, the InterContinental should be at the top of your list.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Standby4321

Thank you for the endorsing words. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the team. –Steve

Reviewed June 19, 2010

My 18 year old daughter and I stayed here for 2 days in June. It was her birthday and she wanted to go to the Adam Lambert concert. This is a beautiful hotel in every way. The staff is top notch and our room was spotless. We had a couple questions about sites and the staff went out of their way to give directions and let us know some insider info. We are so pleased with this hotel and will always stay here when visiting Milwaukee.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
i1adive, Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Sounds like you and your daughter had a meaningful visit. I’m glad to hear we were able to give you some insight into our City. - Steve

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I made my reservations through the hotels 800 number and chose it because it was a nice hotel and their rate, according to the agent included parking. I asked and she repeated yes, it is included. The surly clerk at the hotel said that it wasn't and continued to treat me with disdain. When we went to check out, ithe $23 ( 1 night) was still on the bill but I was very persistent and he agreed to discount the room to make up for it. The hotel was lovely but maybe someone from the area can recommend a less expensive place to park given that it was the weekend and not much going on. I was very surprised the hotels in Milwaukee were so much more expensive than in Chicago for comparable properties.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

We apologize for any confusion but we do offer several packages that include parking. Due to some sort of miscommunication during the booking process there seems to have been a misunderstanding. Our parking rates are competitive and in-line with the downtown Milwaukee market, which are 45% lower then the downtown Chicago market. -Steve