“Intercontinental to the Rescue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Milwaukee

InterContinental Milwaukee
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“Intercontinental to the Rescue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

Planning for my son’s bachelor party to be held on April 10, 2010 included making reservation to accommodate nine well behaved young men. Having previously stayed at the Residence Inn in downtown Milwaukee I made reservations for two suites on February 10, 2010. Unfortunately upon our arrival I was advised that our reservation had been cancelled, despite having a confirmation number in hand, as the room had not been held with a credit card. In my adult life of 56 years I have never made hotel reservations without being required to hold the room with a credit card number. Needless to say I was upset.

In the course of correcting their error we were given two complimentary rooms at the Intercontinental Hotel in Milwaukee. To ensure all of my fellows were comfortable I needed an additional room. The staff at the Intercontinental was fabulous! Ms Jenny Peretz, the Assistant General Service Manager, was excellent and very understanding. She should get a raise. Our rooms were magnificent as was all of the hotel’s staff. This is a huge coup for the Intercontinental Hotel as when I travel to Milwaukee next I will be staying there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
We’ll be sure to recognize Jenny. Thanks for the kind words. -Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
preston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. From the moment we walked in we were impressed! Very Metro/Modern flair. Our room was clean, and the pillow menu (one you didn't have to ask for) was perfect! The staff was very attentive to our every need. We decided to stay in for dinner our second night as the hotel had a really nice restaurant. We were not disappointed. Our waiter knew the menu like the back of his hand and the food was out of this world. Truly four star! We decided to finish off our night in the lobby bar where there was great entertainment & a chocolate bar. Hand pick your desired items from fresh fruit to truffles to pound cake & smores and then seat yourself and dip them in your own private fondue bowls. The hotel did not have a spa but did send us just a few blocks away to their sister hotel teh Pfister and once again we were amazed. The spa was reasonably priced, and services were done in your very own private spa suite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Milwaukee. We had no idea what to expect from this city as it was our first visit there. We will definately return!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
In this industry we’re always appreciative to hear the positive comments regarding comfort and sleep quality since that’s a critical component of the experience. I am amazed at all of the positive feedback we receive from the Chocolate Bar people love it just as you do but I’m shocked that you didn’t mention the chocolate covered bacon. That’s the crowd favorite that everyone likes to discuss. Thanks for the great post and we’ll be glad to have you back anytime! -Steve
Ingleside, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

WHAT A TREAT!!!! The hotel beautiful and the accessibility was truly amazing. My husband and I was there for a show at the Pabst and what more can you ask for, so many things all joined in the plaza so you don't even need to go outside with weather turns bad! Than to top it off the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! We ate at the Kil@Wat Restaurant the food was FABULOUS and PRETTY!! Friday and Saturdays they offer a chocolate buffet in the lobby what a special treat. Than there's the bed........ So many pillows and ssssssoooooo comfortable, I didnt way to leave it!!! Will definately stay again!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
I’m glad to hear this was such a great experience for you. We are very lucky to have such an incredibly talented Chef that puts a lot of time and effort into creating our ever changing menus and creating some of best innovative American cuisine around. I’ll be sure to pass on the good word. Thank you for the post and hope to see you soon. -Steve
carlsbad, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

I stayed here with my 7 yr. old daughter for a few days in April. Everyone at the hotel provided top notch service. One very pleasant surprise was the food - the first evening we got in quite late and I ordered room service and the meal was really outstanding. I have traveled a lot and even in great hotels, I don't generally expect much from hotel food, but this was such an exception, we ended up doing room service for breakfast and dinner almost every day that we were there. They were also very flexible around making things not on the menu for my daughter.

One other thing I should mention, our itinerary involved us staying for one night, leaving for a few days, and then returning for a few more days. On that first stay, my daughter left a canvas case with a number of movies in it. When we discovered the miss, I contacted the hotel, and sure enough, it had been turned in by housekeeping. Not something that would happen everywhere.
This is the only place we will stay when in Milwaukee.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the beautiful recap of your InterContinental Milwaukee experience . I'm happy to hear specifically about the service you enjoyed. Our goal is to provide a comfortable, stylish and guest focused experience without pretense. I'm glad this is what you were able to receive. - Steve
Prairie du Chien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

We had a great stay in our hotel. We were there for 2 nights, and even got a free upgrade (even though we'd never stayed there before). The staff was awesome - if you need anything from anyone, they will do it and will a smile on their face. The room had a very nice view, a great bed, nice TV, and a good shower and bathroom. This hotel is in the BEST location in Milwaukee - by great bars, restaurants, and about a block away from the concert we went to. My only complaint is that I heard there was botchy ball on Tuesdays, and they should definitely have that on weekends!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you for the kind words about our team. We are extremely proud of the service culture we have been able to create. The dedication and commitment of the team make it easy! You’re always welcome to come back on a Tuesday even if it's just for Bocce Ball. - Steve
brookfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

My husband & I wanted a romantic weekend getaway in the City. We chose the Intercontinental Hotel because of it's great location near good restaurants and downtown activities as well as it's great reputation. The staff treated us like royalty, catering to our every wish, making our stay very enjoyable. The rooms are tastefully modern, spacious and clean. The view from our room overlooking the local iceskating rink was delightful. An extra plus was the workout room: the equipment is terrific and rivals many health clubs. We were delighted in every way and would certainly stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Quite a compliment! Thank you for the amazing review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

We booked this hotel through Priceline.com and got a fabulous rate. This was a very nice hotel and was easily worth double what we paid. Parking was convenient, the staff was pleasant and helpful and our room was beautiful. The hotel is located downtown close to many restaurants, bars and entertainment. Though we didn't try the bar or restaurant in the hotel, both looked nice. We had a great stay and would definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
i1adive, Rooms Division Manager at InterContinental Milwaukee, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you back soon. - Steve