Traveled to Milwaukee for the Marquette/Notre Dame basketball game on March 6, and picked the Intercontinental based on reviews and photos. The first thing that is confusing is the room choices. They offer deluxe, executive and superior. Booking the room online, the room descriptions are vague, so I booked the executive thinking it was the best room offered, since it cost the most money. We arrived at the hotel early, and left our bags with the concierge as the room was not ready. We spent the rest of the evening out, and didn't return to the hotel until 10 pm. Stopped at the front desk to get the key and up to the sixth floor we went. Now at most other hotels I have stayed, executive usually meant special lounge privileges, larger room, nicer bathroom; something above ordinary. Not at this intercontinental. Executive simply meant a fractioned room with a sitting area broken up by the tiny bathroom (tiny as the door to the bath was maximum 2 feet wide) with a dingy tub/shower combo. The room felt very claustrophobic. Adding to the claustrophobia, the heater was not working properly and the room was 82 degrees. Would not have been an issue if you could crack open a window, but the windows don't give you that option. A call to the front desk had a man there in about 1/2 an hour and the unit was fixed (sort of). No air was coming from the vent on the bed side of the room. When I questioned the maintenance guy he said that vent is too far from the blower and won't work no matter what. So after he left, we turned the air on and waited for the cool air to work its way to the bed side of the room. My biggest problem with the room was the poorly maintained bathroom. You can see on the pic I took, caulk coming off of the bathtub. I'd expect that at a Howard Johnson, not at an Intercontinental. Finally, the last issue was the room location. The sixth floor has a lovely view of a roof where seagulls congregate. ALL night long it sounded like we were being invaded by pterodactyls. Overall, for the price paid, I was disappointed. I had stayed at Intercontinental hotels before, but I won't go out of my way to stay again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Milwaukee is the place to indulge your senses. Located along the Milwaukee Riverwalk, a vibrant stretch lined with parks, sculptures, restaurants and nightlife, the InterContinental Milwaukee places you in the centre of the downtown business and theatre districts. Discover the historic Pabst Theatre, the Milwaukee Art and Natural History Museums, or one of Milwaukee's many summer festivals. For a more leisurely tour of the city take a walk along Old World Third Street or in Cathedral Square Park, and don't forget to visit the Milwaukee Public Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Milwaukee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Milwaukee Hotel Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Intercontinental